It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ObamaCare "Strike Team" Member: People Losing Their Plans Is A "Good Thing"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
During an interview commentary on MSNBC, a U.S. Representative said people losing their health plans is a good thing.

Well maybe so for a few people but hardly a "Good Thing" for the vast majority who will in fact be losing their current plans and are being forced to pay skyrocketing prices for the policies.

It's all because of the PPACA (ObamaCare) law that says all insurance must meet a minimum standard of "coverage".

Those minimum standards are what forces the prices up and forces people to contribute extra money to somehow achieve something that is supposed to resemble "Universal".

Many people who now have 'minimal' coverage (or no coverage) are happy for one reason or another.

Not to mention that many currently without health insurance is by choice and lack of affordability.

Sure the subsidies and tax credits (for "exchange" bought policies only) might help, but it won't keep people from going broke from the deductibles and possible losses from employers reducing work hours and pay rates by way of higher costs to employees and wage freezing.

Rep. Matt Cartwright, a member of President Obama's Obamacare "strike team," says it's a "good thing" that people are losing their old health care plans:

"Because a lot of those people, they did have policies that didn't meet the minimum standards. That's just not a theoretical discussion. There's a reason you have minimum standards. There are people out there who have insurance that's really an illusion of coverage. They have immense deductibles, they have annual and lifetime caps. There's so many people out there with what I call phony insurance policies and the fact that they're going to lose those policies sooner or later I think is a good thing, because what we're up to here is we are strengthening the health care system in this country," said Rep. Cartwright of Pennsylvania.

ObamaCare "Strike Team" Member: People Losing Their Plans Is A "Good Thing"

story and video

Do YOU Trust that guy ? ^^^^^

edit on Dec-06-2013 by xuenchen because:

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
People Losing Their Plans Is A "Good Thing"

Right up there with: We should appreciate a president who lies to us for our own good!

Can we finally declare once and for all that leftism is a demonstrable mental derangement disorder? Or must we continue to pretend that the Emperor's clothing is certainly radiant and stunning?

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Yeah, losing plans that didn't meet minimum coverage is a good thing.... Tell that to people now faced with paying much MORE because their old plan didn't cover some technical regulatory requirement of the program. Whoopee... I miss the benefit here, entirely. As much as people miss their "you can keep your old plan" plan, I miss the benefit being described here.

Something tells me this strike team member is going to get struck from the team for actually voicing such a thing. It's unbelievable when you look at that and consider the lack of thought to how it would be taken. Wow...

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I wonder how they are going to spin;
People paying more is good
People getting poorer care is good
Death panels are good
Living a shorter life is great
Giving more money to government is awesome

???

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWrightWing

We can declare once and for all that corporates and their conservative minions have killed all the most obvious, straight forward ideas for universal heath care so the result is confused mediocrity, which can be used as a wedge to garner more votes. Conservatives rejoice and declare themselves noble. I'll give them the "no" but not the rest of that word.

Meanwhile US can retain it's exceptional heath care system which is a essentially a gang rape of people that can't defend themselves. Congratulations. Don't get sick

US Health Care is ranked last in the developed world
edit on 6-12-2013 by InverseLookingGlass because: corrected link

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   

InverseLookingGlass

We can declare once and for all that corporates and their conservative minions have killed all the most obvious, straight forward ideas for universal heath care so the result is confused mediocrity, which can be used as a wedge to garner more votes. Conservatives rejoice and declare themselves noble. I'll give them the "no" but not the rest of that word.

Meanwhile US can retain it's exceptional heath care system which is a essentially a gang rape of people that can't defend themselves. Congratulations. Don't get sick

May I be blunt?

Universal healthcare will never work in America as long as there is a Constitution and a US Bill of Rights.

Universal healthcare flies in the face of individual sovereigntry. (spelling?)

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

InverseLookingGlass

We can declare once and for all that corporates and their conservative minions have killed all the most obvious, straight forward ideas for universal heath care so... blah blah blah tired, ancient leftist nonsense

How about all the cancer patients who have now discovered their policies are cancelled because Utopian leftists have determined that people are not smart enough to make decisions for themselves?

Gotta break a few eggs for the greater good, huh? I'm sure those children undergoing chemo who now are no longer eligible for treatment thanks to meddling do-gooders will gladly die knowing their sacrifice will ensure a better life for the collective, hm?

Who has enriched those evil, greedy corporations more than your Dear Leader? What is it like to be so easily played for a useful implement?

Leftism is nothing more than societal self destruction and retrograde evolution. Period.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
He is right, and that is what the current potus and his party want.

People will have no option but government solutions, and we have seen those bloated, can't be paid for solutions already in the form of ss,medicare, and medicaid.

Overwhelm the system.

Break the system.

Their solution is the tried and true make someone else pay, like them bloody evil rich folks, but that won't pay the bills.

More debt will be created, more debt will be bought up by the likes of China, and others.

Shorter version of that scenario is Cloward and Piven.

Overload the system til it comes crashing down.

We are a few steps away.

Can't wait for it really, because the supporters of 'better living through government' will take a page from the lame arse play book,

Blame everything, and everyone, but themselves.

Between fiat currency that creates inflation that translate to higher costs for everything.

Asinine politicians like the Potus, and his henchmen

Decades of asinine regulations.

IS there any GD reason healthcare has become so 'high'.

But that really isn't the problem, anything that people have to pay for is obviously bloody evil!

IT is all about the FREE CRAP with him and them.

That is what it boils down to.

ETA:

I'd rather not pay 'Walmart Prices' for my healthcare anyways only a fool would.

The old adage you get what you pay for comes to mind.
edit on 6-12-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   

InverseLookingGlass

It astounds me that you are just gushing to have these very same people who did this to us and did it knowingly while lying to us the whole time go all the way and take full and complete control of the whole system.

Riiiight. I'd trust them with that. /sarc

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by InverseLookingGlass

How are we comparing the two? Statistics alone or are we accounting for the vastly different makeup of all nations involved? Just curious in the background of your stance....

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   

InverseLookingGlass

Interesting...considering that I have always grown up on the lower end of the middle class scale. We had our pleasures and our hard times. When it came to INSURANCE, my parents sought coverage of the catastrophic sense; not the coughs, the "I don't like my waist line", "I don't like my wrinkles", etc. Yet, we didn't have exuberant bills when we broke our leg? Go figure, because according to you I should have been cast aside because we didn't have some altruistic Government stepping in to make sure they did what they needed; even though they did provide care....

This is the main problem with the OP and your own argument; you are basing it off a very narrow set of data; while completely excluding and ignoring other data-sets to make your damn point.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   

ownbestenemy
reply to post by InverseLookingGlass

How are we comparing the two? Statistics alone or are we accounting for the vastly different makeup of all nations involved? Just curious in the background of your stance....

I can tell you what they are not looking at and that is the currency exchange. How anyone can compare systems when each countries dollar value is not even close to being the same.

From that propaganda article:

(Reuters) - Americans spend twice as much as residents of other developed countries on healthcare, but get lower quality, less efficiency and have the least equitable system, according to a report released on Wednesday.

So basically the 'comparison' is based on fiat currency and what they 'think' insurance should cover.

edit on 6-12-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join