It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Milk Prices Could Rise To $8 A Gallon In 2014: Here's Why

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Gothar

We are already paying 6-7 dollars for a gallon on the East Coast of Canada.

Some places in Newfoundland are at 8 dollars.

There must be gold in the cow teats it seems.

www.cbc.ca...

The new price of a two-litre carton of milk in Newfoundland and Labrador jumped from an average of $3.69 to $4.17 as of Feb. 1.

For the US: 3.7litres is 1 gallon.

And I live next to a major dairy farm...go figure.

Peace

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Ours has been steadily getting more expensive anyhow.

A gallon has been costing us right around $4.50. I'm sure it was going to hit $8 sooner or later.

We'd just have to ration it more for my son.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Zcustosmorum
reply to post by Gothar

Well the House of Senate better get a moooooooo've on. Sorry, couldn't resist

Yeah, make jokes..... but what about my milk powered auto engine I've invented? For years milk was cheaper than gas now I gotta start all over ... hmmmmm how much is tea per gallon?

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
That just means we'll have to get our milk from fat, pregnant, broke women. Plenty of those to go around. Milk prices will probably plummet.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Bundy

You ever tasted breast milk?
Not as creamy and lovely as I would have thought

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Honestly?

It's why my wife wants goats.

Look for "beezzer-ranch goat cheese" Next summer.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Goat milk is good. However, If the goat isn't kidding they don't produce as much milk.

If I had land I would have goats and chickens.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

There is no reason for the government to subsidize any sort of farm product.

Here,Here!

There is absolutely no reason for government to subsidize any product.

oil,homes,medicines,food,education,healthcare, and their retirement plans.

All subsidies amount to trillions of dollars every year that is funded by taxation of 'we the people'. That all ends up in them evil corporations pockets.

The biggest kicker here is that the same government that created those subsidies is the same 'creator' of that fiat currency that everyone loves to fight over so much.

So yeppers ALL SUBSIDIES must end.

People stopped and thought about it all is people mostly argue over nothing.

Money is nothing.

IT was created out of thin air.
Taxes are created out of thin air to pay for them.

So I agree.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   

OrphanApology
reply to post by beezzer

Goat milk is good. However, If the goat isn't kidding they don't produce as much milk.

If I had land I would have goats and chickens.

Husband wants to eventually run a serum farm with sheep and goats. We would produce organic milk, meat, cheese from them, too. We figure the two aims ought to overlap reasonably well. This is all without doing much intensive research, of course.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

Cheese takes the most craft and time.

Meat and milk are pretty straight forward.

edit on 6-12-2013 by OrphanApology because: are

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Gothar

Actually, a price rise in milk could be a beneficial thing to the health of many Americans who cannot afford it. Commercially processed cows milk, to my knowledge so far, is very unhealthy for humans.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 01:54 AM
link   
oh I can see this!!!
Milk from US will cost a LOT.

But if they buy from over sea's.

it will be cheep.
so US milk farmers Die out.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   
i n the u.k a pint of milk is about 0.67 p or about a $1 so it is more expensive here which comes as no suprise yet farmers are going out of buisness

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Philippines
reply to post by Gothar

Actually, a price rise in milk could be a beneficial thing to the health of many Americans who cannot afford it. Commercially processed cows milk, to my knowledge so far, is very unhealthy for humans.

It's extremely unhealthy for us...it's made for calves, not humans. The fact that we've been trained to think it tastes good makes no difference. Try doing without dairy in your diet for a week or two and see the massive difference it makes to your health, especially your intestinal health. It wouldn't be a bad thing at all for it to be unaffordable for a lot of people, from a health perspective anyway. There are many other things that can be used as a much healthier food source for us, like nut milks. The protein casein which is in milk is thought to be a major cancer promoter...and we wonder why there is a cancer epidemic. We've been marketed products that will kill us slowly, and now we're being told that we won't be able to afford the "healthy" stuff...it's a game.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by caitlinfae

How do you milk nuts?

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Well taking into consideration that manufactured milk is nothing but crap, I really don't care if the gallon of milk cost 24 dollars, as I don't drink it anyway.

As for cheese and other dairy products I only buy the best cheese, mostly imported and pay 6 dollars for a gallon of raw milk.

So for anything else that is made from dairy and manufactured I careless.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by caitlinfae

And yes you are very right, milk is only for babies and if it comes from humans, cow milk is for cow babies.

But raw milk does have enzymes that are beneficial for the human gut.

Still we can do without milk as the only real thing that manufactured crap milk does is have added calcium and vitamin D to make it look like is good to ingest.

Both calcium and vitamin D can be obtained by other ways.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Looks like Congress isn't prepared to let the prices rise.
While we don't drink milk here, we do use dairy in the form of cheese, butter, ice cream and whey protein.
Whey protein has skyrocketed in recent years....not sure we could sustain another price hike.

The speaker said that if the situation does not change, Congress should just pass a one-month extension of the farm bill, which covers farm subsidies as well as food stamps.

Fox News has learned that an even narrower plan is on the table. Sources said that the House may try to move a short-term measure next week that only deals with the dairy issue -- in a sign of how worried lawmakers are that an impasse could directly hit Americans' wallets.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Gothar

But MILK? CHEESE? ICE CREAM FOR THE LOVE OF PEET? People already on a tight budget won't be able to handle the crunch. Imagine a generation of children forced to breast feed until they are like 8, because that milk is free. Think the gov'mnt handouts will include that big block of cheddar in the box? What about powdered milk? Gone. A generation of children that will grow up with week bones 'n stuff. Pretty crappy military where the enemy just pushes our guys over, like going to war with a nursing home. Wow.

Oh no, the milk industry lobbyists will pressure the government to launch an advertising campaign against the "health risks" of breast feeding, will get the DHS to launch a "snitch hotline" for people to report anyone they see breast feeding their children, and the schools will have additional course material on how terrorists don't buy real milk.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   

sheepslayer247
I hope they do not pass another bill and let's let these people price their products based on supply and demand. If they price a gallon of milk at $8......they will go out of business and they know it.

So I would say that we will not see $8 a gallon for milk.

I pay more than $8/gallon now. It's organic milk produced by grass-fed cows that are free of anti-biotics and hormones. I'm sure if there's a demand for $2/gallon milk, China would be happy to slap a "milk" label on some industrial waste and sell it to us.

Congress has no business or legitimacy regulating our farm crop output. Period.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join