It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Won't Obama Sign-Up For Obama-Care? My Conspiracy Theory:

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Normally, I avoid engaging in conspiracies...choosing, instead, to stick to discussions of current events in the news.

However, after discussing a related topic on another thread regarding Obamacare, a question hit me...which, I believe, led to me contemplating a possible conspiracy involving the question: WHY has Barack Obama STILL not signed up for his own signature legislation?

Yes, I know that he currently receives other (read:Better) insurance...BUT:

Mar 24, 2010
Obama to get insurance through exchanges

President Obama will get his insurance through those special exchanges being set up under his health care plan, the White House announced today -- assuming he wins re-election.

The exchanges -- designed to increase the size of risk pools, thereby lowering insurance costs -- won't be up and running until 2014, two years after Obama's re-election bid.

The announcement came after Sen. Charles Grassley, R-Iowa, proposed an amendment to the health care reconciliation bill that would have required Obama to buy insurance through the exchanges.

White House spokesman Reid Cherlin called Grassley's proposal unnecessary and obstructionist.

"We think the amendment is unnecessary," Cherlin said. "The president will participate in the exchange. But let's be clear: The amendments being offered by Senate Republicans, including this one, are just a ploy to delay the bill."

AND:

Shortly after Obama signed the new health care law in March 2010, a White House official said the president planned to walk the walk and sign up for the insurance exchanges his law created.

“The president will participate in the exchange,” an administration official told USA Today at the time

AND:

President Obama has yet to make good on the administration's promises that he would sign up for health insurance on the new government exchanges, the White House acknowledged on Monday.

White House press secretary Jay Carney said that Obama has not signed up for Obamacare and that he did have a reason for the delay.

A reporter pressed Carney on whether the White House would make it an open-press event if and when Obama does enroll.

“I'll get back to you,” Carney replied.

From: White House: Obama hasn't yet signed up for Obamacare
washingtonexaminer.com...

So, considering what a great publicity move it would be to call a WH photo-op and sign up; not to mention that it would inspire others to follow suit...

...WHY won't Barack Obama SIGN UP at Healthcare.gov?

My (conspiracy) theory is simply this:
Barack Hussein Obama is AFRAID to sign up for Obamacare!

WHY?...Because he KNOWS it is not secure...and he knows that hackers will immediately get, not only his medical information...but, more importantly, hackers will gain his SS# and other private personal identification.

With this information, talented and possibly politically-motivated, hackers will be able to gain everything from his birth certificate to detailed personal financial information.

...all of which, could prove personally and/or politically damaging and embarrassing.

This, at least, is my theory. What's your's?

edit on 6-12-2013 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-12-2013 by IAMTAT because: Link added

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I thought it was because the website is garbage and doesn't work...

But I do like your theory better!

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
No big mystery.
He exempted himself, Congress and other officials from having to sign up.
They had better healthcare to begin with.

-Peace-

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
They don't need public health care. They've already got good private health insurance.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by swingingkings

...but the WH said in 2010 that Obama would "walk the walk" and sign up!

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
My theory is that because he said he was going to that he won't. I have realized that Obama consistently does the exact opposite of what he says. It's not an every once in while or even a most of the time thing it's pretty much across the board; if Obama says he will do or has done something expect the truth to be the exact opposite.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthSeekerMike

I think Obama is (and always has been) acutely aware that Healthcare.gov is devoid of any security; he felt it would be just fine for common citizens to put their privacy at risk...but certainly not him.

Double-standards have always defined this president.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

but the WH said in 2010 that Obama would "walk the walk" and sign up

Can you point me to the press release that has more details? Thanks.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

usertwelve
reply to post by IAMTAT

but the WH said in 2010 that Obama would "walk the walk" and sign up

Can you point me to the press release that has more details? Thanks.

Mentioned in the WP article cited in my opening post:
washingtonexaminer.com...

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Thanks. That explains that he hasn't signed up. But I'm looking for a statement from the WH that makes this claim.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by usertwelve

This is more recent:

Has President Barack Obama made good on a March 2010 promise to sign up for health insurance coverage under Obamacare? His chief spokesman declined to say.

“I don't have an update for you on that. I know that he will and has said that he will, the White House has said that he will, but I don't have an update,” Jay Carney said Monday at his daily briefing.

Will he invite the press to watch? “I’ll get back to you,” Carney said.

The White House said back in March 2010 that Obama “will participate in the exchange,” as the health insurance marketplaces are known.

news.yahoo.com...
and:
www.usatoday.com...

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Thanks. So they are saying he still plans to sign up? Isn't this thread a bit premature then?

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I think Obama drew another 'red line' back in 2010, when he promised he would personally sign up.
NOW....I think he is afraid; otherwise, he'd have been the first to sign up...or, at least done so already.
As it stands now, Carney won't commit to an actual time or live filming of the event.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Why Won't Obama Sign-Up For Obama-Care?

IMHO - All of these reasons ...

1 - as you said .. he knows it's not secure. His private information will get out. That could open a whole can of worms for him.

2 - Because Obamacare sucks. It simply sucks. The waits for care will suck. The cost sucks. sucks etc sucks

3 - Obamacare is unsustainable. He might figure 'why bother' ... it'll be broke in a few years anyways.

4 - He's probably afraid of the death panels that will evolve with it if Obamacare actually lasts.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

FlyersFan

Why Won't Obama Sign-Up For Obama-Care?

IMHO - All of these reasons ...

1 - as you said .. he knows it's not secure. His private information will get out. That could open a whole can of worms for him.

2 - Because Obamacare sucks. It simply sucks. The waits for care will suck. The cost sucks. sucks etc sucks

3 - Obamacare is unsustainable. He might figure 'why bother' ... it'll be broke in a few years anyways.

4 - He's probably afraid of the death panels that will evolve with it if Obamacare actually lasts.

and, probably, he's afraid of #5:
Another LIVE and embarrassing 'Sebelius-website crashing moment'.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

When he said, "If you like your plan, you can keep your plan" he was really just talking about himself.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
HERE is the original 2010 article with Obama's promise to sign up:

Obama to get insurance through exchanges

President Obama will get his insurance through those special exchanges being set up under his health care plan, the White House announced today -- assuming he wins re-election.

The exchanges -- designed to increase the size of risk pools, thereby lowering insurance costs -- won't be up and running until 2014, two years after Obama's re-election bid.

The announcement came after Sen. Charles Grassley, R-Iowa, proposed an amendment to the health care reconciliation bill that would have required Obama to buy insurance through the exchanges.

White House spokesman Reid Cherlin called Grassley's proposal unnecessary and obstructionist.

"We think the amendment is unnecessary," Cherlin said. "The president will participate in the exchange. But let's be clear: The amendments being offered by Senate Republicans, including this one, are just a ploy to delay the bill."

content.usatoday.com...

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Ditto this.
I wouldn't believe BO if he said rain was wet."

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by usertwelve

Isn't this thread a bit premature then?

Yes, we wouldn't dare look at it the way it really is.
He planned to sign up publicly.

Shouldn't we toss out the Kool-Aid and throw away the rose colored lenses and see it for what it is?

HE IS VERY LATE TO THE PARTY! Why hasn't he signed up?
edit on 6-12-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

i agree that 0bama will never sign up for the ACA...and your reason has merit

bu none of the Politicians, nor big corporations, and now the list of entities being exempt from ACA includes the Thug Collection Arm of this Unconstitutional Treason---namly the IRS

the small party of progressives are creating a 'elite' and exempt class... using the power of the purse to gain an Army of paid-for loyalists to this Law which is really just subtrefuge of the masses...

in time... the IRS, and insiders like Labor Unions, big democrat contributers will get included in the ACA because of the need for universal Eugenics... so the Corps & unions & govt agencies who are presently exempt wil swell in numbers within 5 or so years... and that will lead to a large deficit of 'organ donors' that will upset the equilibrium of the Elderly Serfs must die solution= so the insiders can Thrive model that 0bamascare actually is

this present ACA is just the initial model which will be a fairly big part of the Mark-Of-The-Beast system in the not too distant future around the globe
(principally the ~soon to be~ 10 members of the Nuclear Club)
edit on 6-12-2013 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join