It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We dont care

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Hey
So lately I've been in a few debates with friends over take a guess.
RELIGON
So anyway as someone who really couldn't ever care about religion or atheism or the other things I just really don't care. That's right some of us don't care. Why? because the choices presented to us only infuriate us more or just make no sense to us. Why waste our time debating what's real and what's not and deal with people who are starving or dehydrated to the point their nearly dead. Centuries passed and everything stayed the same.

Christians don't tell us were going to hell P.S sorry for sleeping through your sermons, Catholics same as the previous, atheists no matter how much you kick and scream just know it's been real fun watching you roll and cry on the floor just like those before you. And yes I do respect each of your religions for the good they attempt but despise them for the atrocities committed or just not doing anything productive. Yes bad apples do spoil the bunch.

And that leaves us the nameless and the undecided we have nowhere left to run because no matter where we turn there's hate, hate and more of it. Is it really too much to say that we just don't care about who or what you worship or don't believe in. Sorry but this whole idea of religion and the constant bickering hasn't got us anywhere. If you must know the secrets of the universe you can make them up as you go along, hell you've been doing that for years and it's called religion, you can make your own decisions. Just like I'm making the decision to post this.

All that we the nameless and undecided ask for is not to be drawn into childish debates but since that request is seemingly futile I will accept a cookie or a donut.
It's also becomes really tiring when people come to the door asking what religion I am.
(I just say I'm in a cult they never send the same people back)

So there you go yet another rant. Congratulations you're finished now pat yourself on the back.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   

edit on 6-12-2013 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   
You're not nameless you're agnostic, which really is the only position that makes sense.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by blueyezblkdragon

NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I couldn't agree more, even if I wanted to.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by KBadger

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Agnostic- In the popular sense, an agnostic is someone who neither believes nor disbelieves in the existence of a deity or deities, whereas a theist and an atheist believe and disbelieve, respectively.

Atheist- Atheism is, in a broad sense, the rejection of belief in the existence of deities.[1][2] In a narrower sense, atheism is specifically the position that there are no deities.[3][4][5] Most inclusively, atheism is simply the absence of belief that any deities exist.[4][5][6][7] Atheism is contrasted with theism,[8][9] which in its most general form is the belief that at least one deity exists.[9][10]

Nihilism- Nihilism (/ˈnaɪ.ɨlɪzəm/ or /ˈniː.ɨlɪzəm/; from the Latin nihil, nothing) is the philosophical doctrine suggesting the negation of one or more putatively meaningful aspects of life. Most commonly, nihilism is presented in the form of existential nihilism, which argues that life is without objective meaning, purpose, or intrinsic value.[1] Moral nihilists assert that morality does not inherently exist, and that any established moral values are abstractly contrived. Nihilism can also take epistemological or ontological/metaphysical forms, meaning respectively that, in some aspect, knowledge is not possible, or that reality does not actually exist

I am sorry you got me curious so these are straight from Wikipedia. I could not help, but be flabbergasted at the thought that somebody that believes in nothing is not an atheist. I stand corrected due to that fact that atheist still believe in other things and kind of have their own religion and following. You kind of fit in the Nihilism when I was trying to find the way to best describe you! How interesting things are. No offence was intended just trying to figure out where you stand and if that doesn't describe what you believe please help me understand it more so I can research on it!

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by VoidWalker

I wonder, they don't seem to fit any category. Looks like they now get to define themselves. Pick a cool name!

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

Right now he has the chance to create a new name for a life style?!?! You are absolutely correct when you say pick a cool name lol.. God knows the nerd would come out in me if given the opportunity.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

Should I set up a thread asking for people to come up with a name?! Creative and fun competition and only BlueEyez decides who the winner is lol

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I'll leave it at this I am not agnostic for you see they at least believe in one deity where as people like me we don't want anything to do with religion. We want nothing to do with any religion unorganized or organized we really don't want anything to do with it end of story.

top topics

join