It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

thanks for killing the upper lower class, America.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by oblvion

Greta idea!!!! Because it is free to move over sea....OH WAIT!!!!!.....I guess your an idiot.

Thank you for the direct insult and sorry to hear of your plight. No where did I say that it was free to move over seas though it can be done cheaper than you might think. It is possible that you think that I live in the USA, if so, that is an error on your part.

Should you desire a better life and the employment arena is not exactly robust where you are, then you will have to go to where the jobs are. This may require you to think outside of the box. It is 100% up to you to either do whatever it takes to better your situation or remain where you are.

The OP was ranting about trying to better themselves by moving and losing the government handouts but finds that he/she can now not afford medical insurance due to the ACA. The OP further thought about giving up their present position and return to the old government handouts. This is a defeatist attitude that gets them nowhere. The suggestion was simply do whatever they have to do to better their life, even if that meant relocating offshore.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
There shouldn't be any reason why someone with less income is being made to pay more premium unless there is a health factor you aren't telling us.

I agree that there may very well be a glitch in the website that's causing an error. I would seriously call and get a live person to talk to about this because that straight up makes absolutely no sense.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   

ketsuko
There shouldn't be any reason why someone with less income is being made to pay more premium unless there is a health factor you aren't telling us.

I agree that there may very well be a glitch in the website that's causing an error. I would seriously call and get a live person to talk to about this because that straight up makes absolutely no sense.

She should qualify for Medicaid. It should be night and day different than the normal ACA stuff.

The ACA isn't that bad - the forced buy-in is its major flaw.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ChuckNasty

Well we'll just have to agree to disagree. Those who send their companies overseas so they can have huge profits are responsible and no one else.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
The only advice I have to offer is too look into an apprenticeship with any of the building trades unions.

I know a lot of people are against them, mainly because they know nothing about them. It's no get rich quick scheme, work comes and goes....which is why I'm posting at 11:00 on a Friday lol...

I've known several 40+ year old apprentices so don't let that stop you.

A fair days pay for a fair days work is an honest living

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Swills
reply to post by ChuckNasty

Well we'll just have to agree to disagree. Those who send their companies overseas so they can have huge profits are responsible and no one else.

You are right - they want huge profits.

But if they didn't, they'd end up like our Iconic city of Detroit.

We need to demand American products made in America. The companies going overseas is the problem, but consumers demands for cheaper stuff is the root cause.

Think we are F'd either thinking. The end result is a lack of jobs for Americans in the USA. No winners.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   

sarra1833
reply to post by oblvion

You're Indiana also... night shift cuz of shift premium, 50 hrs a week.
though it could be any job, imma go on a limb here, toss out a guess and say:
are you with tmmi by chance?

But anyway, I hear you friend. Loud and clear. Makes me sadder though if you ARE tmmi..... I'm only with pic there and im struggling hardcore. I want to move up to the be all end all there and if you're even struggling, what hope does that leave me?

I guess we just try our best, do what we can, find our happiness in even the smallest of things and count those as blessings, right? Hats off to you as I'm working premium shift as well and many hours myself. We do what we must.

Was in Indiana, for 35 years....I moved to Texas.

Thanks for the words, I really appreciate it, though words will not help anything in the end.

ATS is one of my only extra curricular activities, as I cant afford anything else.

Hell I cant even afford this one......

Hope your world turns in your favor, mine is giving me the beat down daily, I dont know how much more I can take honestly, the truck is about to break down, cant sell it or use for a trade in, since Indiana has a lean against it for child support ( I dont owe, since they have lived with me their entire lives save 2 years out of 13, and I payed support for 1 and 3/4 ( didnt pay for 1/4, because I did pay, but the court said it wasnt ordered yet, so it was a gift, and I owed for not paying!!!!????) tried everything to resolve the situation, even went with the exwife when she signed the paper work to stop it, they dont give a damn, they jut want my money to fund the employment of the personel they hired to administer the child support division, yes they charge me for that annually also.....)

I am going to bed, so I can go back to work and pay the bills and buy food for my kids, that the state does not, and will not recognize I take care of, so they can keep charging me money I dont owe, so they can say that is is necessary to have these people doing this job................

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   

pstrron
reply to post by oblvion

Greta idea!!!! Because it is free to move over sea....OH WAIT!!!!!.....I guess your an idiot.

Thank you for the direct insult and sorry to hear of your plight. No where did I say that it was free to move over seas though it can be done cheaper than you might think. It is possible that you think that I live in the USA, if so, that is an error on your part.

Should you desire a better life and the employment arena is not exactly robust where you are, then you will have to go to where the jobs are. This may require you to think outside of the box. It is 100% up to you to either do whatever it takes to better your situation or remain where you are.

The OP was ranting about trying to better themselves by moving and losing the government handouts but finds that he/she can now not afford medical insurance due to the ACA. The OP further thought about giving up their present position and return to the old government handouts. This is a defeatist attitude that gets them nowhere. The suggestion was simply do whatever they have to do to better their life, even if that meant relocating offshore.

Not an insult, a direct observation of one who is over worked, and way too tired.

Moving over seas is not even possible for many like me, I am not even allowed to leave the country, due to back child support I dont even owe....

Nice how that one works isnt it.........

This entire country is EFFED, there is no hope for me at all.

I will work myself to death, and die in a cold dark hole, while never having any ability to change this.

Better to live in a lawless land like Africa, at least I could live well by the pirate trade.......just pathetic that a man can be so screwed, having done nothing but follow the rules, and work hard his entire life.....

Sorry if my words offend, I just cant manage to call up the will to care, at this point I am simply praying for the end to come quick and merciful, thats the best future I can even see for myself.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Well,

So much for hope and change huh?
Free healthcare. That's what every brain dead jackass screamed at the top of their lungs knowing it was a load of political lies but they got their way.
This president has been elected and reelected.
The people have spoken.

Your fellow countrymen wanted you to pay your fair share so uninsured people could get free healthcare.

You work for 11K a year? Don't you know you're one of those evil rich selfish taxpayers who deserves to be punished?

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Hey at least you get to know how screwed you are.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join