It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if one major country disclosed major proof...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   

tanka418

ItDepends

Proof is something that CANNOT be disproved by a valid experiment. Source of definition of PROOF

Full Definition of PROOF

a : the cogency of evidence that compels acceptance by the mind of a truth or a fact
b : the process or an instance of establishing the validity of a statement especially by derivation from other statements in accordance with principles of reasoning

Oh how I wish this were true!

You're gonna have troubles with "valid experiment"; it's not as well defined as yall think.

Here is some evidence that cannot be "disproven". Mathematically, probabilistically, this bit of evidence demonstrates the reality of at least one "off world visitor".

Is this evidence acceptable? Prolly not, even after your wee search for the definition of proof.

And, "Why" is this not acceptable?

Read your 'Evidence" and as the researcher concludes at the very end...

but as we shall see in other installments, this probability changes.

"Probability", and of course "Changes" hardly evidence or proof. Look, I'm fine with you digging in and believing ET is here. If you are sold on everything that you have read and have researched, cool.

However, I am and individual that demands more. Something tangible, something that is universally accepted. There are many examples of these, so that is where you and I agree to disagree. You have come to the conclusion that Intelligent ET exists and has in fact been to earth and is here with us (paraphrasing your previous comments).

I on the other hand simply see no proof of this and as I've previously said, our planet is but a small, tiny, grand of sand sitting in the Sahara Desert. There are trillions of stars and problably tons more of planets in the Unknown Universe. The odds that an Intelligent Alien Civilization (if one exists) of finding us are doubtful at best. Just look, there are billions of solar systems, galaxies and God knows the size of the Universe.....we are a tiny, small blue dot.......Nice to dream about and wonder, which I do, but that's all...no proof of anything else......

Can you pick out earth? Doubt it? How about can you pick out where ET is? double doubt it.

Peace!!

edit on 18-12-2013 by ItDepends because: added add'l comment

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by capone1

What would be the worldwide reaction?

I think no individual could answer what or how all would react.

It would comprise of fear, panic, relief, joy, almost any reaction would be available to be recorded.

Everyone would react in their own way.

Also, take the top 10 power countries in the world who have good technology -- wouldn't at least 1 of them come forward with undisputed proof?

wasn't that start of your post?

Let's say, tomorrow, China or Russia announced their knowledge and evidence of intelligent extraterrestrials.
\

What is the topic of the thread, how would the world react to ET disclosure by Russia or China?

Like I said, it would vary or the world would unite, depending on what is being disclosed about ET.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by capone1

I want to know what may be holding back major countries from revealing major confirmation.

Not having the info maybe to confirm or deny.

I thought you wanted to know what would happen if a major country did disclose this and what the reaction of the world would be.

I don't want this thread to go into the debate of whether or not Grays exist.

However what do want to be discussed in your thread, why and what may be holding countries back from releasing or disclosing or what the reaction would be if it was released?

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Eryiedes

You can have alien life...OR...you can have God. But you can't have both.

Your no fun,

I don't want to play then

I can't think of any situation in which religion and first contact could occur together and not result in man's destruction.

what a simply small mind you must have not to be able to think on those lines or a really negative view towards religion.

The situation would be first contact, the religious people of earth would either rearrange their beliefs or the contact will strengthen their beliefs and others who believed in intelligent aliens.

You see the destruction of man, can you explain how you see that?

Do you see people that believe in a God as being all fanatics that will go on a killing spree or something?

Please explain this negative view you have and how it seems reasonable possible in the scenario brought up?

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I live in Europe and i would dispute somebody saying it's commonly accepted that 9/11 was an inside job.
the comspiracy theories are all well known, but not accpeted as reality.
edit on 18-12-2013 by WilsonWilson because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-12-2013 by WilsonWilson because: .

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   

WilsonWilson
I live in Europe and i would dispute somebody saying it's commonly accepted that 9/11 was an inside job.
the comspiracy theories are all well known, but not accpeted as reality.
edit on 18-12-2013 by WilsonWilson because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-12-2013 by WilsonWilson because: .

Thank you for that -- the same is true here in the States.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join