It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Multiple scientific documents conclude hexaflourosilicic acid is poison.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   

" Fluorosilicic acid is classified as corrosive."
" Harmful by inhalation, in contact with skin and if swallowed."
"Fluorosilicic acid is a hazardous substance."
"Keep away from food, drink and animal feeding stuffs."
"Do not empty into drains."

www.csbp.com.au...

"Link to information on toxicity to humans, including carcinogenicity, reproductive and developmental toxicity, neurotoxicity, and acute toxicity."

"If you have a poisoning emergency in the United States call 1-800-222-1222.
If the victim has collapsed or is unconscious, call 911."

www.pesticideinfo.org...

Bunch of conspiracy nutter scientists and right wing fear-mongering environmental safety agencies.

Flouride is harmless right?

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

Caffeine is considered poison, so is nicotine, so is a bunch of other stuff. In amounts of 99% or greater you will likely find skull & crossbones on the container.

What you are doing is just showing a total and complete understanding of chemistry.
edit on 5-12-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

MSDS Sheets are about direct exposure at the stated purity. In many cases a seemingly innocuous or mildy reactive substance can have all sorts of warnings that do not apply to every day use or handling. Since most people won't accidentally fall into a vat of (x), have a barrel of (x) spill on them, etc.

Woman's toner is okay for the face, but I wouldn't recommend swimming in it.

MSDS for Caffeine:

www.sciencelab.com...

Next thing you are gonna tell me is that since I put a drop of bleach in water I shouldn't be drinking it straight from the bottle.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Bunch of conspiracy nutter scientists and right wing fear-mongering environmental safety agencies.

Ummm, that's a new one on me. Who exactly is this "right wing fear-mongering environmental safety agency"

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   

John_Rodger_Cornman

" Fluorosilicic acid is classified as corrosive."
" Harmful by inhalation, in contact with skin and if swallowed."
"Fluorosilicic acid is a hazardous substance."
"Keep away from food, drink and animal feeding stuffs."
"Do not empty into drains."

www.csbp.com.au...

"Link to information on toxicity to humans, including carcinogenicity, reproductive and developmental toxicity, neurotoxicity, and acute toxicity."

"If you have a poisoning emergency in the United States call 1-800-222-1222.
If the victim has collapsed or is unconscious, call 911."

www.pesticideinfo.org...

Harmless? No.

Beneficial when dosed properly? Yes.

I'm assuming this is pure product that you are talking about and not the small amount that is put in water fluoridation?

Check the MSDS for table salt. Will that scare you enough to make a thread about it too?

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

Can you tell me the benefit which is not purely topical?

As in, WTH is this in my drinking water?

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   

lol

Dihydrogen Monoxide FAQ

Frequently Asked Questions About Dihydrogen Monoxide (DHMO)

What is Dihydrogen Monoxide?

Dihydrogen Monoxide (DHMO) is a colorless and odorless chemical compound, also referred to by some as Dihydrogen Oxide, Hydrogen Hydroxide, Hydronium Hydroxide, or simply Hydric acid. Its basis is the highly reactive hydroxyl radical, a species shown to mutate DNA, denature proteins, disrupt cell membranes, and chemically alter critical neurotransmitters. The atomic components of DHMO are found in a number of caustic, explosive and poisonous compounds such as Sulfuric Acid, Nitroglycerine and Ethyl Alcohol.
For more detailed information, including precautions, disposal procedures and storage requirements, refer to one of the Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) available for DHMO:

Kemp Compliance & Safety MSDS for DHMO
Chem-Safe, Inc. MSDS for Dihydrogen Monoxide
Applied Petrochemical Research MSDS for Hydric Acid
Original DHMO.org Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for Dihydrogen Monoxide (html)

...Each year, Dihydrogen Monoxide is a known causative component in many thousands of deaths and is a major contributor to millions upon millions of dollars in damage to property and the environment. Some of the known perils of Dihydrogen Monoxide are:

Death due to accidental inhalation of DHMO, even in small quantities.
Prolonged exposure to solid DHMO causes severe tissue damage.
Excessive ingestion produces a number of unpleasant though not typically life-threatening side-effects.
DHMO is a major component of acid rain.
Gaseous DHMO can cause severe burns.
Contributes to soil erosion.
Leads to corrosion and oxidation of many metals.
Contamination of electrical systems often causes short-circuits.
Exposure decreases effectiveness of automobile brakes.
Found in biopsies of pre-cancerous tumors and lesions.
Given to vicious dogs involved in recent deadly attacks.
Often associated with killer cyclones in the U.S. Midwest and elsewhere, and in hurricanes including deadly storms in Florida, New Orleans and other areas of the southeastern U.S.
Thermal variations in DHMO are a suspected contributor to the El Nino weather effect.

edit on 5/12/13 by soficrow because: switched para

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Another relevant thread, are we killing our kids with baby food?

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Do you drink fluoridated water?
Any side-effects...other than the obvious ones?

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
News Flash: OXYGEN is a poison too.

Water, also, in and of any by itself, is extremely corrosive, and even in small quantities can KILL you if you breathe it in its liquid form.

edit on 12/5/2013 by AliceBleachWhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Cut to the chase...

ALL chemical substances/compounds are toxic in sufficient quantities.

It's all about dosage.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   

John_Rodger_Cornman

Nope.

In sufficient quantity it is toxic.

In high concentrations, soluble fluoride salts are toxic and skin or eye contact with high concentrations of many fluoride salts is dangerous. Referring to a common salt of fluoride, sodium fluoride (NaF), the lethal dose for most adult humans is estimated at 5 to 10 g (which is equivalent to 32 to 64 mg/kg elemental fluoride/kg body weight).[1][2][3] Ingestion of fluoride can produce gastrointestinal discomfort at doses at least 15 to 20 times lower (0.2–0.3 mg/kg) than lethal doses.[4] Although helpful for dental health in low dosage, chronic exposure to fluoride in large amounts interferes with bone formation. In this way, the greatest examples of fluoride poisoning arise from fluoride-rich ground water.[5]

You know, Oxygen is poisonous too, right? In sufficient quantities. Yet we breathe it happily all day long, right up until we die.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   

AliceBleachWhite

News Flash: OXYGEN is a poison too.

Water, also, in and of any by itself, is extremely corrosive, and even in small quantities can KILL you if you breathe it in it's liquid form.

Damn it Alice !!!!!

That's the second time I've posted something to see you've already done the sticky bits.. lmao

hahaha

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
A poison is measured by dose, and practically everything is potentially toxic under the right set of conditions.

This is entirely besides the point. The question relevant to these posts is this:

Does the dose which can be acquired from ingesting regulated, public water from the tap potentially cross over into being poisonous to the human body?

I've read studies that show it can, in fact, be poisonous after ingesting an amount which can be had from regulated tap water.

None of this, oxygen can be corrosive, fools think water is dangerous, or any other absurdities are necessary. The thread is about fluoride. Is it harmful in the dose from regular water or not?

Personally, I'm just not taking my chances. I already get natural fluoride compounds from tea and wherever else, and see no reason to partake in this ongoing social experiment that I perceive to be public water fluoridation.
edit on 5-12-2013 by webedoomed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by webedoomed

Nope. It's about hexafluorosilicic acid.

You're trying to steer the topic because you can't win when you're faced with the facts that almost everything we ingest is a poison, or toxic at some level.

Everything that has been said is entirely relevant to the topic presented here, because the OP does not refer to fluoride in the water but instead a common source for fluoride in water.

You want to argue apples, present apple seeds and we can argue their cyanide containing properties. No point bringing apples and then claiming that limonene irritates your lungs.

edit on 5-12-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Troll or bad humor.. I don't really care. You're not making any sense, and it's not worth my time.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by webedoomed

Does the dose which can be acquired from ingesting regulated, public water from the tap potentially cross over into being poisonous to the human body?

Yes. If improperly dosed.
If properly dosed there is also a danger of getting skeletal fluorosis. However, you would have to drink the same amount as the average american for over 500 years.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Are you certain of this?

You do realize that the tap-water ends up going into more things that we ingest than just water, right? You can see fluoride which gets it's way into the produce, the meat, heck practically everything we get in the stores has elevated fluoride because industry isn't about to be filtering that stuff out.

Me thinks you haven't thought this through in full.

**disclaimer**

I've changed the goal-post a bit. It's now the net result of using fluoridated water, not just the bio-accumulation from directly drinking it.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   

webedoomed

Are you certain of this?

You do realize that the tap-water ends up going into more things that we ingest than just water, right? You can see fluoride which gets it's way into the produce, the meat, heck practically everything we get in the stores has elevated fluoride because industry isn't about to be filtering that stuff out.

Me thinks you haven't thought this through in full.

**disclaimer**

I've changed the goal-post a bit. It's now the net result of using fluoridated water, not just the bio-accumulation from directly drinking it.

Why not change it again and include the foods that have naturally occurring fluoride in them?
Do you know how much fluoride is in beef? I have thought it through more than you know. Have you?

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   

That's fine. Do you have any data that shows the difference between various food products treated from a water source that does not contain added fluoride compounds, vs products that do?

I don't care who has the bigger e-prick. We're both interested, so let's just get it on already.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   

webedoomed

That's fine. Do you have any data that shows the difference between various food products treated from a water source that does not contain added fluoride compounds, vs products that do?

I don't care who has the bigger e-prick. We're both interested, so let's just get it on already.

Here is a link showing fluoride in foods.
Link
I don't know what you are looking for. Did they even check the fluoride ppm in ANY food before fluoride was used mainstream? I don't know that there is anything to compare it to.
Rain has fluoride (very very little). So how would this be possible to show food with no fluoride when it is a naturally occurring mineral?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join