It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Largest Pyramid Complex In The World!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

There are at least 26 important pyramids, along with enclosures and mounds, in the 540 acres of Tucume in Peru. Constructed of mud brick, they are located on the plain surrounding the La Raya Mountain, south of the La Leche River. Constructed by the Lambayeque in 1000 AD, they were conquered by the Chimu in 1375 and incorporated into the Incan Empire in 1470.

Local shaman healers called upon the powers of the Tucume and La Raya Mountain during their rituals. Thus Tucume is feared by the local people who know it as Purgatorio. They will not enter the site at night. Part of the Lambayeque Valley, which is the largest valley on the North Coast of Peru, the Tucume plains are located on the valley’s southern edge. It is now surrounded by fertile land, due to a forty-three mile irrigation canal.

Some you know I love this stuff!
It is not that it is super old but being so large and the site having a forty-three mile irrigation canal system that still works.

www.raisingmiro.com...

##SNIPPED##
edit on 12/5/2013 by semperfortis because: corrected all caps

edit on Thu Dec 5 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: removed duplicate sources, which wer no original

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by nighthawk1954

Great post and I really like seeing these old structures.

Thanks for bringing this more to my attention I'm going to go look further.

Um....the last link in your post may cause you some trouble as the site seems quite controversial here. and I'm not sure if it's allowed. Just a heads up etc.

Cheers and thx again.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   

A lot we do not know about the world and there actually may be larger pyramid complex in china but this is a marvelous find, here is a very short youtube video of chinese pyramids.
www.youtube.com...
www.earthquest.co.uk...
www.philipcoppens.com...
world-pyramids.com...
The white pyramid may be the most impressive ancient structure and it remains hidden to the west almost completely (the chinese do not want to glorify non han whom may have lived there before them as they see themselves as the superior human race to all others and race is nation so it is a matter of national pride to them so if they did not build it then they would rather it did not exist indeed they farmed over them to hide them from western pilots and one farmer told how the PARTY paid him to farm over the sides of a pyramid damaging it with his plough and wearing it down over time, The also were not too keen on the caucasoid mummys found in western china as it plays into the sun god storys also related to the pyramids of china and claimed by some to be the founders of chinese civilisation and whom were said to golden haired with eyes like the sky so obviously not Han).
There was also a rumour of a possible pyramid found in the amazon seven times larger than the great pyramid of Giza but that information simple dissapeared and the television documentary never aired, I remember this from the early 1990s when a preview was aired but the show never did and there was a change of scheduled program at the last moment, Apparently it was thought to be a lone mountain but new archeaological field work had found extensive buried masonry at the summit under the jungle growth, Maybe they simply thought if they aired it the site would be looted, I believe it was in columbia but not too certain or maybe it was a hoax as I can not find anything about it on the net though the show was BBC and the archaeologists were international (so probably american and south american).

Back to the white pyramid there is a chinese emperors tomb built into it but the pyramid probably predates the tomb as it is build into the side of the mountain as the local people call it.

Here is another interesting page though mystical in nature.
www.galactic-server.com...

edit on 5-12-2013 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Treespeaker

Great post and I really like seeing these old structures.

Thanks for bringing this more to my attention I'm going to go look further.

Um....the last link in your post may cause you some trouble as the site seems quite controversial here. and I'm not sure if it's allowed. Just a heads up etc.

Cheers and thx again.

OK now I want to know what site is controversial.

Maybe I can guess, from the OP it must be ancient structures and cultures. Seeing how there are allot of people around the world who think ET had much to do with them i would guess it was ancient aliens lol.

I personally don't understand why. Despite the guy with crazy hair it is a good show. I mean to see the great footage of all the sites makes good by itself.

I personally think, for many reasons, that the ancients did have help. Really did not need show to understand or believe that. The native people have been telling these things for centuries. Course biggest thing for me was seeing modern quarry and mining and understanding what our limitations are when working and carving stone, let alone moving them.

Some of them we could not move even today. To also understand that several of these great civilizations happened happened at close times to each other etc. It is just a fascinating subject, even without that show. Not sure that is what you were referring to but I know many here hate it lol.
Course you have to understand there are some here that are the most negative and professional skeptics that I have ever seen lol.

Nice post I love it. Great job..

The Bot

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Love seeing 'primitive savages' building grand cities and nations that rival/dwarf European ones.

No aliens needed.

(But the lady in the OP link - speaking of grand cities...
)

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

ChuckNasty
Love seeing 'primitive savages' building grand cities and nations that rival/dwarf European ones.

Who calls them that anymore? Have you been reading a lot of Edgar Rice Burroughs lately?

top topics

join