It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

problem with putting physical music album onto ipad.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
So i have just put all my old CD albums onto my ipad, i deleted one though, now when i go to Itunes and try to transfer it again it just doesn't do anything.

Its not in my purchased music as i never got it from itunes.

Do i really have to delete the album from itunes on PC and then re install to be able to re-transfer back to ipad?

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I use Foobar, it's much better. All I have to do is drag and drop.
www.foobar2000.org...
I used to use iTunes back in the day and experienced nothing but problems with it. IMO if it's made by Apple, look elsewhere. For everything Apple makes, there's something better.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
iTunes is quite a mess to be honest. I'm a pretty simple guy but it is a joke. Now let me read your issue at hand again to make sure I fully understand what you are wanting.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Ok just to clarify it sounds like you deleted this album off of the iPad device and not from the iTunes library on your PC. If that is the case you should be able to just sync with your library from your PC and it SHOULD (key word) recognize that it's missing from the iPad and add it back in. It's been a few months since I've used iTunes but if I remember correctly this is how it works.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by HawkeyeNation

I've been an avid iTunes user from the beginning. Your right, it is supposed to work that way. The only problem I would see is if OP deleted or moved the original files on the computer. Also make sure the album is selected to sync with your ipad. When your ipad appears in iTunes, click on it and select the music tab at the top of the screen. This will give you options to sync individual albums, artists, playlists etc.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I hate iTunes with a passion. All other apple products Im relatively happy with. iTunes? I delete stuff on there only to be reminded it's in my "cloud" when flipping through songs, or they are trying to sell me other songs in the album, I deleted it for a god damned reason!

Missing the days of simply drag/drop songs you actually want to listen to.

"Oh just filter your playlist."

Filter - "Songs I really like"

Filters broken…

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I don't understand all the hate with iTunes. I've used it as my media manager for years on both macs & pc's with no problems. I don't download any music from iTunes. I just use it to manage my lossless rips & bluray rips. Works like a charm. Also works great with my family's iPads, iPods, iPhones and Apple TVs spread throughout the house. To each his own.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I have to copy mp3's to my android device and that drives me batty with how it then decides to let me play them. Why is there no such thing as just tag and play, you have to have libraries, play lists etc.. it's bollocks..

SO I LAUGH IN PITY at you poor apple freaks.

oh how you must rue the day you purchased that contraption. But have no choice to to like it. because to do otherwise would be to admit defeat.

every single time some rubbish program has tried to force me to install iTunes it's been like "oh OHH no you dont! GET OUT!" .. that was over 10 years ago. I can only imagine the suffering these days..

"No tears, please.. it's such a waste of good suffering." -- Steve Jobs.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by HawkeyeNation

Yes, I deleted it off the ipad and its still in the library, but when i select "transfer to ipad" (only for deleted albums), it wont do it.
I have sat there and put another undeleted album from library to ipad directly after finding this.

It has happened the same way multiple times and requires me to then delete the album from the library (on PC) re install it and then i am able to transfer it to ipad.

Surely this isn't the way it should be.

join