It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walnuts Are Drugs, Says FDA

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Hope this is in the right forum. Another story of the corporate controlled police state getting heavy with someone trying to make a living supplying a need for nutritious food.

Walnuts aren’t the only food whose health benefits the FDA has tried to suppress. Producers of pomegranate juice and green tea, among others, have felt the bureaucrats’ wrath whenever they have suggested that their products are good for people.

Meanwhile, Faloon points out, foods that have little to no redeeming value are advertised endlessly, often with dubious health claims attached. For example, Frito-Lay is permitted to make all kinds of claims about its fat-laden, fried products, including that Lay’s potato chips are “heart healthy.” Faloon concludes that “the FDA obviously does not want the public to discover that they can reduce their risk of age-related disease by consuming healthy foods. They prefer consumers only learn about mass-marketed garbage foods that shorten life span by increasing degenerative disease risk.”

Faloon thinks he knows why this is the case. First, by stifling competition from makers of more healthful alternatives, junk food manufacturers, who he says “heavily lobb[y]” the federal government for favorable treatment, will rake in ever greater profits. Second, by making it less likely that Americans will consume healthful foods, big pharmaceutical companies and medical device manufacturers stand to gain by selling more “expensive cardiac drugs, stents, and coronary bypass procedures” to those made ill by their diets.

Read more at www.realfarmacy.com...

+10 more 
posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   
"First they came for our guns...

Then they came for our nuts...

And finally...they came for our Cheezy Poofs...

That's when people took back their guns and nuts"

~Jude11~

Sad times indeed folks.

Peace

edit on 5-12-2013 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Walnuts lower risk of Alzheimer’s disease--study

A new study claims eating small portions of the nuts regularly may play a beneficial role in supporting cognitive function and delaying the onset of the rapid memory decline in elderly people. - See more at: www.themedguru.com...

According to experts, the vitamin E and flavonoids found in walnuts can help stave off the harmful free radical chemicals that are known to cause dementia, the degenerative condition which is characterized by a progressive deterioration in cognitive function and the ability to process thought intelligently. - See more at: www.themedguru.com...

There's your answer to why they don't like Walnuts .

Walnuts are a threat to our stupidity and becoming Zombies.

Nature has a subtle way of letting us know what is good for us, the inside of a walnut looks like a brain.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   
hahahahahaha let them come and take this from me

that is really ridiculous

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Crap, so are they going to come after me because I have walnut trees?

Anyone coming at my trees with a chainsaw will soon be busy picking rock salt out of their rear end.

In all seriousness, it seems they are becoming quit militant about anything that is good for us. How much more of their bs are we going to take?

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr UAE

Hey man , with that amount of illicit drugs we could fund a revolution.

What's the biggest Walnut producing nation in the world ? bet they have weapons of mass destruction.
edit on 5-12-2013 by Pinkorchid because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Sure FDA and ACA will tell you wut you may ingest after all they are the ones that brought you - fluoride, hig fructose corn syrup, gmo , aspartame and the list of friendly heart healthy goes on and on.

This is why shows like to make you think loosing wight is a challenge 'biggest looser'.

Walnuts and most vitamins and raw vegies all should be banned - naturally.

oh great gubbers in the east tell me wut I may ingest and when I can go out the door.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Walnuts,almonds,pure honey,olive oil,lemons,turmeric,garlic and herbs plus a balanced diet of mostly sea food,fruits and vegetables will make almost any body to live to see their 100's birthday,,healthy.But that is not what makes money for the big pharma,and neither it is profitable for the food industries.So they advice us to eat burgers and fries wash it all off with a soft drink or a beer while watching beautiful healthy people having fun on the TV.And if we feel depressed or in pain,there are always expensive ways to diagnose the symptoms and Pills to take to be temporarily comfortably numb. And in case of a hurt attack or cancer or Diabetes,there are always estate of the art,expensive ways to take care of you as well.All you have to do is to keep eating the junks on the shelves and avoid physical activities and by the time your in your 50's you will most likely hit the jack pot.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Walnuts are actually very healthy. I remember reading an article about people eating them every day would become much older that average people who did not eat them at all. But I think that goes up for a lot of different nuts. Even peanuts are considered healthy.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Cinrad

It would appear that the FDA's statements have been taken out of context.

They are not saying walnuts are drugs, they are saying the claims made by Diamond Foods places walnuts in the drug category.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Cinrad

I'm surprised they haven't deemed cashews as a drug since it is rich with anacardic acids and has the ability to fight gram positive bacteria.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
They can take my nuts from my cold dead hands.
But please God, don't let them take my Cheezy Poofs.
This is on par for government run amok.
Teach your children morals they call it indoctrination.
You call them out for indoctrination they call you a racist.
They won't ever let you win.
Eat your nuts until you feel that M16 muzzle against your head.
Then say "would you care for a walnut, sir?"
"Didn't your mother put walnuts on your brownies and fudge?"

edit on 5-12-2013 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   

chiefsmom
Crap, so are they going to come after me because I have walnut trees?

Anyone coming at my trees with a chainsaw will soon be busy picking rock salt out of their rear end.

In all seriousness, it seems they are becoming quit militant about anything that is good for us. How much more of their bs are we going to take?

Growing up, I had an aunt who kept walnut trees. Whenever the nuts would drop, she'd call us over to pick them up off of the ground and put them in sacks, and would let us keep a sack each for ourselves. Then we'd go home and sit on the sidewalk, and crack them open all evening with a hammer and eat the nuts until we were sick! Good times

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Taissa

We had 4 big trees in our yard.
We raked them up and put them in sacks then ran over them in the driveway after they'd dried in the attic for a month.
Good times indeed.
I miss them and my persimmons.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Asktheanimals
They can take my nuts from my cold dead hands.

lol we need a bumper sticker with an angry squirrel on it, holding a big walnut saying just that.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I wonder what the FDA would make of that European cheese that has Walnuts in it? I must see if my local delli has any, have not tasted it for years, come to that, have not seen it for years either!

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
You can always spot those with the FDA and Big Pharma...there the one walking around with the flower pots on their heads. They are a bunch of blooming idiots. Walnuts are bad, breads bad, herbs are bad, vitamins are very bad, anything natural is very, very bad. But GMO's are good, Mac Donalds good, KFC good, junk food very good and just about any other form of processed garbage is considered nutritious by the FDA and Big Pharma.

Thank God I don't live in the USA, I can get all the fresh natural foods right at open market. That includes fish and fowl. The fish are still swimming and the birds either cluck, honk or quack. Same goes for the goats and pigs, it's as fresh as it gets. Sorry that you don't have that option.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

My walnut trees drop the nuts without the husk. No mess... I got about thirty pounds this year.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
This is the problem with the hyper regulatory state.

It isn't just to control big business. It also spills over into your life, too.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Straight off the tree! Well, straight off the ground...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join