It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Think only UFO's make crazy turns and other such movement in the sky?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   

ManInAsia
I'll repeat, it's CGI mixed with real footage. There's no way the helicopter could fly so close to the ground so many times without contacting it and also jump around like that almost instantly. Fake.

Well then my eyes that have seen stunt choppers models do the same must have GGI programs incorporated into them.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by bottleslingguy

Point is you can't disprove ufo maneuverability by comparing it with modern radio controlled helicopters.

Got your panties in a not this thread hasn't it.

Was the OP trying to disprove anything or offer possible explanations for what some say about its maneuverability and say it couldn't be ours?

This is proof that ignorant that say such (it cant be ours, nothing can make those sharp turns,etc) are well....ignorant to the fact that we have craft that can maneuver in such a fashion as the OP has shown.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   

tomra
Do not underestimate the human brains ability to judge scale, speed, secondary movment and light perception.

that's why the smart people rely on things like radar to confirm the impossible maneuvers of legit ufos

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   

InhaleExhale

Point is you can't disprove ufo maneuverability by comparing it with modern radio controlled helicopters.

Was the OP trying to disprove anything or offer possible explanations for what some say about its maneuverability and say it couldn't be ours?

This is proof that ignorant that say such (it cant be ours, nothing can make those sharp turns,etc) are well....ignorant to the fact that we have craft that can maneuver in such a fashion as the OP has shown.

My panties? Really? the thing that shuts this whole thread down is the fact the ufos were doing these things waaaaaaaaaaaaaay before rc helicopters. so everybody needs to stfu

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   

bottleslingguy

Dumbass

Which of the 10 vids talks about 10 miles? It's not in the text.

oh you're right it doesn't actually say TEN MILES IN ONE SECOND, but how do you account for the fact these objects were being chased by jets who couldn't catch them not to mention the fact they didn't have those psycho rc helicopters back then? Here's something pretty interesting from here "While they could not distinguish any object or light visually, they noticed that the radar object was increasing its distance at a very high rate. With every sweep of their radar, about 1 second apart, the object added five miles to its distance, translating to a speed of 18,000 mph (29,000 km/h).[17][18] The pilot however relayed a speed of 'a mile a second' to the control tower, or a speed of 3,600 mph (5,800 km/h),[19] but confirmed that the target exceeded both the 50 mi (80 km) and 100 mi (160 km) ranges of their radar scope in a matter of seconds" and that was back in '87. Point is you can't disprove ufo maneuverability by comparing it with modern radio controlled helicopters. Can modern videos be showing an rc heli and people confuse them for ufos, absolutely but whats the point we don't need modern ufo video to prove they exist, there's plenty of other more substantial evidence that does that.

First of all it's ridiculous your post was removed. Using Dumbass is no violation its a form of respect

Now that is clear. This thread is not about debunking UFO theories. It is about showing that some people have great control with RC flying stuff that can confuse some people. The people it can confuse are looking at the sky not the radar. If a regular person is watching the sky its pretty hard to estimate height and distance. I would even say that most would not talk about degrees but that is aside. I reacted at your post well because one you called my name and two no-one claimed that the video showed the RC copter has flown 10 miles a second. If you play with an RC at a little altitude some people will interpret it as a high altitude especially when they want to see it that way. Then its just math with Sine Cosine and Tangent. What is the difference between 264 feet in the air or at the edge of space? Its a factor 1000 approximately. (Don't hold me tight on the edge of space as I don't really care.) So if a RC chopper moves 54 feet in a second (that it obviously can seeing that and other vids about RC choppers) at 264 feet altitude it resembles a mile a second at 264.000 feet altitude. That's all.

There is no need to talk about radar images in this thread as it is irrelevant in a thread about movement made by humans using a RC chopper. That would be another interesting thread.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   

My panties? Really?

Oh I don't know

so everybody needs to stfu

Yeah your panties

the thing that shuts this whole thread down is the fact the ufos were doing these things waaaaaaaaaaaaaay before rc helicopters.

The whole thread?

So your claiming no one could have mistaken these rc craft even after you admit that they could a few posts back?

You and another poster failed to read the OP or simply interpreted to mean something its not.

Maybe have another read of the OP, its a thread to say that things can maneuver in such a fashion, do you agree they can as the video shows these RC craft doing or do claim it be CGI like another poster or what do have to say that corresponds the point the OP was making?

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   

bottleslingguy

Dumbass

oh you're right it doesn't actually say TEN MILES IN ONE SECOND, but how do you account for the fact these objects were being chased by jets who couldn't catch them not to mention the fact they didn't have those psycho rc helicopters back then? Here's something pretty interesting from here "While they could not distinguish any object or light visually, they noticed that the radar object was increasing its distance at a very high rate. With every sweep of their radar, about 1 second apart, the object added five miles to its distance, translating to a speed of 18,000 mph (29,000 km/h).[17][18] The pilot however relayed a speed of 'a mile a second' to the control tower, or a speed of 3,600 mph (5,800 km/h),[19] but confirmed that the target exceeded both the 50 mi (80 km) and 100 mi (160 km) ranges of their radar scope in a matter of seconds" and that was back in '87. Point is you can't disprove ufo maneuverability by comparing it with modern radio controlled helicopters. Can modern videos be showing an rc heli and people confuse them for ufos, absolutely but whats the point we don't need modern ufo video to prove they exist, there's plenty of other more substantial evidence that does that.

point is this thread has completely and totally gone over your head. I'm not sure why you are still posting in it when its painfully obvious that you do not and cannot seem to grasp the opening post.
edit on 8-12-2013 by w810i because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-12-2013 by w810i because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by InhaleExhale

I'm such a dumbass! lol let's see if they remove this

ok fine but there ARE night time videos of things that would require a controller to be in some pretty unlikely places in order to pull it off such as someone seeing something while camping way out in the middle of nowhere. Are you suggesting there are roving bands of rc controllers pulling random stunts hoping someone is watching (not to mention the viewer will also have to be far enough away not to hear the damn thing. That's another aspect of this you guys fail to mention. The fact that 265 feet away would allow you to hear it very clearly. Got any silent ones around?

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by w810i

see my post right after your last one to me.

Good job then! you made a point!

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   

bottleslingguy
reply to post by w810i

thing's pretty loud. how come they never flew it eleven miles in one second like those fake ufos? fail

Very first comment in thread, eleven miles in one second...hmmm has nothing to do with thread content, but feels the need to tell me that I've failed.

bottleslingguy
reply to post by w810i

they change the pitch in the rotor blades so it's still pushing downward or another way to look at it is the helicopter is pushing "up"

oh hey now this is better, sorta on topic. Maybe first comment was just a misunderstanding.

bottleslingguy
reply to post by w810i

point was one of those rc copters couldn't fly like that so you're wrong

showing his obvious superior mental intellect here.

bottleslingguy

Dumbass

Back to wasting everyone's time writing a post that has absolutely nothing to do with OP. Maybe they got confused with another UFO thread about radar range vs speed equivalence?

bottleslingguy

tomra
Do not underestimate the human brains ability to judge scale, speed, secondary movment and light perception.

that's why the smart people rely on things like radar to confirm the impossible maneuvers of legit ufos

Awesome! Once again NOTHING to do with the OP. Wait....where can I get one of these radars? Just wanna make sure I'm looking at a legit UFO, you know like the smart people you're talking about!

bottleslingguy

InhaleExhale

My panties? Really? the thing that shuts this whole thread down is the fact the ufos were doing these things waaaaaaaaaaaaaay before rc helicopters. so everybody needs to stfu

SHUT THE FRONT DOOR! Tell me it aint so!!?? There were UFO's before RC helicopters??

bottleslingguy

ok fine but there ARE night time videos of things that would require a controller to be in some pretty unlikely places in order to pull it off such as someone seeing something while camping way out in the middle of nowhere. Are you suggesting there are roving bands of rc controllers pulling random stunts hoping someone is watching (not to mention the viewer will also have to be far enough away not to hear the damn thing. That's another aspect of this you guys fail to mention. The fact that 265 feet away would allow you to hear it very clearly. Got any silent ones around?

Almost! I was pulling for you! So close. Really why you are having such a difficult time grasping this??!! The main point of the thread was to show that we have terrestrial objects that can maneuver in very incredible ways that have in the past been reserved solely for UFOS. The thread is not saying that RC helicopters are the cause of UFO reports or vice versa. A minor point was what could be done with a RC with LED lights flown at night by a talented pilot.
So ya that statement about everyone needing to stfu....You should be the first to follow your advice oh wise one.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   

w810i
The main point of the thread was to show that we have terrestrial objects that can maneuver in very incredible ways that have in the past been reserved solely for UFOS. The thread is not saying that RC helicopters are the cause of UFO reports or vice versa. A minor point was what could be done with a RC with LED lights flown at night by a talented pilot.

the stfu was not serious Mr Panties In A Bunch

Your first sentence is so incoherent I'm not sure if even you know what your point is.

"The main point of the thread was to show that we have terrestrial objects that can maneuver in very incredible ways that have in the past been reserved solely for UFOS."

You just said "have in the past" and then made fun of me pointing out they couldn't explain the sightings from the past before there were these types of rc copters. If you are now including "terrestrial objects from the past" without supplying videos of these other examples you are diluting your point and back stepping.

What other "terrestrial objects" can you give as examples other than a modern rc copter? But again we're not clear on "when" it is you mean by "in the past". In the past like yesterday or fifty years?

"The thread is not saying that RC helicopters are the cause of UFO reports or vice versa. A minor point was what could be done with a RC with LED lights flown at night by a talented pilot."

You call it a minor point but it was the only example given and we weren't supposed to think that was all the evidence you had? Where are the other examples of terrestrial objects other than rc copters if those are the ones you were talking about? and why didn't you include them to begin with?

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by w810i

how about 40 to 50 miles in 30 seconds ?
"It began at 9:30 p.m. when Airman 2nd Class John Vaccare, of the U.S. Air Force at RAF Bentwaters, tracked one UFO on his Ground Controlled Approach radar (type AN/MPN-11A) as it flew 40-50 miles (65 to 80 km.) in 30 seconds, i.e. 4,800 to 6,000 mph (7,500 to 9,500 km./hr.)."

I know why you're holding me to the exact quote of ten miles in one second. I know it is not your point of the thread but I'm not sure even you know what that was.

edit on 8-12-2013 by bottleslingguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Your first sentence is so incoherent I'm not sure if even you know what your point is.

talk about incoherence,

I am MR panties in a bunch not OP

You just said "have in the past" and then made fun of me pointing out they couldn't explain the sightings from the past before there were these types of rc copters.

Wouldn't that just be logical, He started a thread a RC craft, why would he mention or even want readers to assume the past being before these RC were created, that just goes way out the ball park and you are playing another sport.

I know it is not your point of the thread but I'm not sure even you know what that was.

So blah blah lets keep on trolling then shall we

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   

no actually I'm really sorry things have gotten like this let's be friends and prove that good things can come out of ATS. how bout it?

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

bottleslingguy

I expect this comment was for me lol.

I don't think someone would use a RC chopper in the hope someone else would think its a UFO well maybe some will do so but I do think that someone playing with his toys at night will put on some lighting to well... Just see what they are doing. Haha. Of course in the middle of nothing you will hear it, in a city well its different you have a lot of noise. Besides that I don't think a lot of casual "what the H is that" vids are made by people who aren't busy with something else also most vids are in an angle and not from directly beneath the supposed UFO. So distance is greater and surrounding noise and wind can cancel a lot.

Beside this I regularly hear some kind of spooked syfy music in the girls (i ment vids but dont you like the typo it made me laugh here because its true) with someone talking so maybe if they would turn the music down and stop their jibberish we could hear it (its a joke ok?)

Lool you made me use the great evil of Google. An avarage RC chopper is about 40 to 45 mph. 40mph is 58 feet per second. The ones showing of in the vids with their crazy stunts don't seem avarage so I do not expect them to have an avarege chopper without enhancing it. The same as I never saw someone in a regular Toyota joining a streetrace.

EDIT: in the dungeons of evil I figured out that electric RC choppers are recommended if you want to use it in neighbourhoods because of their low db. Gas or nitro choppers have the distinctive RC sound. Lol and I don't even care about RCVs. Hahaha
edit on 8-12-2013 by Dumbass because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-12-2013 by Dumbass because: edit for a Freudian typo hahahahaha

edit on 8-12-2013 by Dumbass because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   

bottleslingguy

w810i
The main point of the thread was to show that we have terrestrial objects that can maneuver in very incredible ways that have in the past been reserved solely for UFOS. The thread is not saying that RC helicopters are the cause of UFO reports or vice versa. A minor point was what could be done with a RC with LED lights flown at night by a talented pilot.

the stfu was not serious Mr Panties In A Bunch

"The main point of the thread was to show that we have terrestrial objects that can maneuver in very incredible ways that have in the past been reserved solely for UFOS."

You just said "have in the past" and then made fun of me pointing out they couldn't explain the sightings from the past before there were these types of rc copters. If you are now including "terrestrial objects from the past" without supplying videos of these other examples you are diluting your point and back stepping.

What other "terrestrial objects" can you give as examples other than a modern rc copter? But again we're not clear on "when" it is you mean by "in the past". In the past like yesterday or fifty years?

"The thread is not saying that RC helicopters are the cause of UFO reports or vice versa. A minor point was what could be done with a RC with LED lights flown at night by a talented pilot."

You call it a minor point but it was the only example given and we weren't supposed to think that was all the evidence you had? Where are the other examples of terrestrial objects other than rc copters if those are the ones you were talking about? and why didn't you include them to begin with?

Sorry, I don't have any crayons to draw you a picture in hopes that you may finally understand the point of the OP.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   

bottleslingguy

no actually I'm really sorry things have gotten like this let's be friends and prove that good things can come out of ATS. how bout it?

Hey thats progress from all fronts and I am for it

Thumbs up

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   

let me ask you this: do you believe aliens are visiting Earth?

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   

tomra

ManInAsia
I'll repeat, it's CGI mixed with real footage. There's no way the helicopter could fly so close to the ground so many times without contacting it and also jump around like that almost instantly. Fake.

That is a seriously ignorant comment. Search for Tareq Alsaadi, Curtis Youngblood, Jason Krause or any other world class 3D RC helicopter pilot.

Yeah I checked it out, seems possible.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join