It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Water Fluoridation will NOT kill you.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Carreau
reply to post by superman2012

You sir made the claim in this thread that the reason why fluoride is put into the water supply is because it is beneficial to dental hygiene.

Prove it.

I have given you the links. I can link directly to it though if you still refuse to read the thread.

Here you go with links and everything.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Sovaka

No... You have not clearly stated as to the benefits of fluoridating water.
And as to why it should be forced into municipalities drinking water.

I have....if you had read through the thread...

Edit:
It isn't forced. You have a vote don't you?
edit on 4-12-2013 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   

superman2012
reply to post by Wookiep

As stated earlier, it is about giving a level of dental care to people that otherwise wouldn't be able to, no matter how little the level of care is.

But that doesn't address how that makes it healthy, as another poster pointed out. You're pointing out a reason for it being in the water, at least officially that it may (in the opinion of your OP) or may not (in the opinion of others) benefit those with bad teeth. This does nothing to show how or why it's healthy for us.
edit on 4-12-2013 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Your health is directly related to your dental health. As stated by another poster on the first page. Dental disease is directly linked to heart health. This aids a person in their dental hygiene and helps those that with poor dental hygiene.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   

You can keep posting that link to another ATS thread all day, doesn't prove what you claimed.

You haven't posted any proof because you have none.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Well if it is so good in the water, last time I will ask this ( I promise) why is it listed as an only topical medication?

You will tell me once again that in minor doses it is safe and actually coats our teeth and leaves nothing in our guts.

Well over 50 years of minor doses how much is that? How much actually helped the teeth and how much went to the gut and brain of us all.
You are promoting a know toxin and I think you are wrong in doing so.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Carreau

You can keep posting that link to another ATS thread all day, doesn't prove what you claimed.

You haven't posted any proof because you have none.

lol
Did you click on the links provided to an outside ATS source? Do you want me to link to them on here for you as well?? Please let me know what I can do to make it easier for you to click on the mouse two times.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   

You know, I see the real staunch anti fluoride crowd as being the ones who will turn around and happily consume snake oil products like MMS and colloidal silver..

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Ok, let me put this another way... I don't dispute that healthy teeth help our bodies... It is disputed by others that putting fluoride in the water even does what they say it does..

But with all of that said, even if we determine as FACT that it does help teeth by ingesting it, what part of ingesting it helps our bodies to be healthier? Your OP makes claims that it doesn't have the negative effects as claimed unless used (ingested) in excess. The OP only states that the only benefit is to the teeth, and no other negative effects regardless of the claims are present. But ingesting fluoride, according to my toothpaste tube isn't good for me, it advises me not to do this. So in your studies, what have you found to refute this that makes it actually healthy instead?

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I'm going to Argue the OP now as I just went to the advocated source of information... Wiki.

en.wikipedia.org...

Implementation

Large water pipes next to monitoring equipment.

Fluoride monitor (at left) in a community water tower pumphouse, Minnesota, 1987.
Fluoridation does not affect the appearance, taste, or smell of drinking water.[1] It is normally accomplished by adding one of three compounds to the water: sodium fluoride, fluorosilicic acid, or sodium fluorosilicate.
Sodium fluoride (NaF) was the first compound used and is the reference standard.[31] It is a white, odorless powder or crystal; the crystalline form is preferred if manual handling is used, as it minimizes dust.[32] It is more expensive than the other compounds, but is easily handled and is usually used by smaller utility companies.[33]
Fluorosilicic acid (H2SiF6) is an inexpensive liquid by-product of phosphate fertilizer manufacture.[31] It comes in varying strengths, typically 23–25%; because it contains so much water, shipping can be expensive.[32] It is also known as hexafluorosilicic, hexafluosilicic, hydrofluosilicic, and silicofluoric acid.[31]
Sodium fluorosilicate (Na2SiF6) is the sodium salt of fluorosilicic acid. It is a powder or very fine crystal that is easier to ship than fluorosilicic acid. It is also known as sodium silicofluoride.[32]
These compounds were chosen for their solubility, safety, availability, and low cost.[31] A 1992 census found that, for U.S. public water supply systems reporting the type of compound used, 63% of the population received water fluoridated with fluorosilicic acid, 28% with sodium fluorosilicate, and 9% with sodium fluoride.[34] The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has developed recommendations for water fluoridation that specify requirements for personnel, reporting, training, inspection, monitoring, surveillance, and actions in case of overfeed, along with technical requirements for each major compound used.[35]

Link for;
Sodium fluoride (NaF)
en.wikipedia.org...
Fluorosilicic acid (H2SiF6)
en.wikipedia.org...
Sodium fluorosilicate (Na2SiF6)
en.wikipedia.org...

Now all of them say it is either toxic, caustic or poison and even resulting in death.
All with varying degrees of application to the above, in terms of dosage and vaporization.

So the OP argument is that it isn't bad for you in small doses and that its health (though not stated).
The Wiki links state that Fluoride is good for teeth as it incites natural fluoride production which prevents enamel decay on teeth.
Apparently it was also looked at on lessening or removing a condition that would make teeth turn brown.

That aside, lets focus on the OP's argument... Its fine in small doses.

That in itself is a broad statement about fluoride being "fine" or "healthy" for you.
There are a lot of things that are safe for humans to consume in small doses.
Not advocating here MODS so please keep that in mind...
One such thing... is alcohol... It is not an illegal substance nor is it forced into peoples drinking waters.
Why? Because it is has no perceived health benefit.
Fair enough.
Another such thing... is canabis... Is is an illegal substance nor is it forced into peoples digestive systems or lungs.
Why? Because it is deemed illegal despite its perceived health benefits.

So... Why Fluoridate water?

The same thing can be said for anything deemed healthy or beneficial for humans...
IE Flu shots or vaccines.
edit on 4/12/2013 by Sovaka because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Iwinder

Well if it is so good in the water, last time I will ask this ( I promise) why is it listed as an only topical medication?

You will tell me once again that in minor doses it is safe and actually coats our teeth and leaves nothing in our guts.

Well over 50 years of minor doses how much is that? How much actually helped the teeth and how much went to the gut and brain of us all.
You are promoting a know toxin and I think you are wrong in doing so.

Regards, Iwinder

At what percentage is it listed as a topical only medication? That right there is probably your answer.
No. For sure it goes into your body after coating the teeth. That is why they have low dosing, so that it doesn't kill people.
Over 50 years of minor doses does not mean that you stored all that fluoride in your body.
You would be surprised at the chemicals that get added to your water for treatment, but then people don't know about that because they don't care. Only if it is fluoride...for some reason. Does anyone know what chemicals they put in their local water for treatment? Does anyone know what they take out of the raw water when they treat it?

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Sovaka

Why fluoridate water?

As stated earlier, dental health is directly related to your health. If anything can help shouldn't they try to help people that can't afford it?

They also put sodium hypochlorite in the water...check out that msds.

That is why it is dosed. So that they aren't just dumping it in willy nilly causing people to get sick.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   

superman2012

Edit:

Oh... my.... goodness..... me...........

You did not just say that I had a vote in whether or not my municipality fluoridates the water.

You as well as anyone around the world... Voting does nothing except make people believe they are being heard.
And the last time I checked... I didn't have a say in what my local council does or does not do.

And even IF voting did count... You are limited by terms... Which means once they are in, they are free to do what they please until the next election.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Wookiep
reply to post by Wookiep

Ok, let me put this another way... I don't dispute that healthy teeth help our bodies... It is disputed by others that putting fluoride in the water even does what they say it does..

But with all of that said, even if we determine as FACT that it does help teeth by ingesting it, what part of ingesting it helps our bodies to be healthier? Your OP makes claims that it doesn't have the negative effects as claimed unless used (ingested) in excess. The OP only states that the only benefit is to the teeth, and no other negative effects regardless of the claims are present. But ingesting fluoride, according to my toothpaste tube isn't good for me, it advises me not to do this. So in your studies, what have you found to refute this that makes it actually healthy instead?

I haven't ever stated that ingesting it is healthy. I stated that it isn't harmful. It helps the teeth and does nothing to the body, at the proper dosage.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Sovaka

superman2012

Edit:

Oh... my.... goodness..... me...........

You did not just say that I had a vote in whether or not my municipality fluoridates the water.

You as well as anyone around the world... Voting does nothing except make people believe they are being heard.
And the last time I checked... I didn't have a say in what my local council does or does not do.

And even IF voting did count... You are limited by terms... Which means once they are in, they are free to do what they please until the next election.

Oh...your....goodness....
Yes I did. People that have a strong opinion and will argue to the ends of the Earth but do nothing about it but argue is what is wrong with this world. Why wouldn't that work? You do know that you can go to council meetings right? You do know that you can start a movement to get the nasty fluoride out of your water right? You could run for council.

But that would mean getting out of the armchair and doing something about your convictions...which are strong, but not strong enough for you to have faith in your ability to change things.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   

That is an argument not worth the time spent to respond.

Reductio ad absurdum.

Hey, its fine in small doses and it does something we see as healthy... So why not fluoridate the water?

Why not chuck all the vaccines into the water supply?
They are healthy for us... they protect us from big bad diseases and viruses.
Why not implant us with medical tracking chips?
They benefit our health because it allows big bro... medical experts to monitor your health.
Why not ban natural organic food?
GM food is just as good as organic food and we save on green house emissions!

Where does it it end?

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   

AlphaHawk

You know, I see the real staunch anti fluoride crowd as being the ones who will turn around and happily consume snake oil products like MMS and colloidal silver..

Anything to open the third eye.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   

You would be surprised at the chemicals that get added to your water for treatment, but then people don't know about that because they don't care. Only if it is fluoride...for some reason. Does anyone know what chemicals they put in their local water for treatment? Does anyone know what they take out of the raw water when they treat it?

Iwinder puts his hand up, did you read my post earlier about our 5 stage RO water system?

Your darn right we know what is in our water and what we drink now.
We drink pure water with almost zero contaminants and zero fluoride as well.

Our tap water reads at about 124 ppm for suspended particles
Our Ro water reads at 3/4 ppm for suspended particles.
Our RO water reads at Zero Fluoride so all is good here in our home.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Well, I for one appreciate this thread. I think it is important to look at both sides of an issue as objectively as possible, before coming to a conclusion. Which I have tried to do on this issue, and will be reading your links. Thanks.

No Flouride
Reports
I post these in no way to nullify your thread, but rather to throw another side into the mix. Though I am not pro flouride, I do think we are only just beginning to get more useful information that has a basis in reality, instead of the bogus or hyped info that is often questionable. Time will tell.

S&F.
edit on 12/4/2013 by Klassified because: clarity

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   

superman2012

Wookiep
reply to post by Wookiep

I haven't ever stated that ingesting it is healthy. I stated that it isn't harmful. It helps the teeth and does nothing to the body, at the proper dosage.

The problem you're going to have with that though, is you say it isn't harmful and you also refuted my very first post by using salt as an example of a small dose in everything and it doesn't hurt people.. Our bodies need salt, and sugars, not fluoride. Fact is, we know it's harmful to ingest, the toothpaste companies acknowledge it, we know it isn't a healthy benefit for our bodies in ANY dose even if small doses do little to no harm. How can you say with 100% certainty that the fluoride in our water supply isn't excessive? It's going to be a hard sell, if you can't show that it is healthy on our bodies I don't think many people will want to make a practice of it, at least knowingly.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join