It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Caught Lying About His Uncle... Again

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by kloejen

That's an odd explanation but probably true. What genius would surmise that a man hasn't met his uncle and the announce it to the world without fact checking such an odd claim. I've met my uncles, and I would assume that everyone has met their uncles before assuming that they haven't.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   

PsykoOps

Apparently the new lie is no one ever asked the President...

Reading comprehension? You say that this is "new lie". Where's someone asking the president directly? How is that a "new lie". Derail... lol

Speaking of reading comprehension...

Initially the White House stated Obama did not have contact with his uncle. During the immigration hearing of his uncle he stated Obama had stayed with him for a few weeks. That testimony contradicts the White House's position of the two never meeting.

They then shifted into spin mode by stating no one ever bothered to ask the President if he had contact / stayed with his uncle.

This subject has been in the media, giving Obama the opportunity to correct the White House position. Instead they decided to remain quiet, instead of Obama saying yes, I lived / stayed with him.

Lets recap -
* - Uncle stopped for DWI. Makes comment about calling the White House. That incident made the news / in addition to his immigration status.

* - White House states there was no contact between Obama and his uncle.

* - During the immigration hearing the Uncle stated Obama live with him, contradicting the White House's position.

* - Now the White House shifted their answer to " no one asked the President".

The problem I have with this administration / Obama / response to this issue is:
A - Obama could have easily been in front of the curve by acknowledging he lived with his uncle.
B - Obama opted to remain quiet.

Why?

Never had contact, did in fact have contact, no one bothered to ask.

So yes, it is their new lie.

The term is called a lie of omission .

A lie of omission is one where one lies by omitting an important fact, deliberately leaving another person with a misconception. Lying by omission includes failures to correct pre-existing misconceptions.

edit on 10-12-2013 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by GenerationGap

I did some research on the matter:

1)The first one is not a lie, but a mistake in the name of the camp, which his uncle liberated. His uncle did liberate a slave amp

Obama´s grandfather as well as his grand-uncle both served in WWII. His grand-uncle Charles Thomas Payne took part in liberating Ohrdruf forced labour camp. The mistake was in the name of the camp, whether intentional or not, but the uncle took part in liberating a forced labour camp. This might be intentional, although it could actually be simply an intentional mistake, when he could not recall the name of the camp and thought it was Auschwitz. Mistakes like that happen. When older family tells such stories, majority of the kids do not listen well and remember only certain parts. Considering such things are quite easy to find out, I would rather believe it was unintentional one. He later apologised too publicly for mixing up the names of camps.

en.wikipedia.org...

2) Obama never actually told the press about him not living with his Kenyan uncle. Couple of years ago, the White House official told the media about Obama not having lived with his uncle, not Obama himself. White House had not researched the relationship between Obama and his uncle. So Obama himself never directly lied to people on that matter.

On Thursday, a White House official said the press office had not fully researched the relationship between the president and his uncle before telling the Globe in 2011 that it had no record of the two meeting. This time, press office staff members asked the president directly, which they said they had not done in 2011.

www.bostonglobe.com...
edit on 10-12-2013 by Cabin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Xcathdra
Why?

Never had contact, did in fact have contact, no one bothered to ask.

So yes, it is their new lie.

The term is called a lie of omission .

A lie of omission is one where one lies by omitting an important fact, deliberately leaving another person with a misconception. Lying by omission includes failures to correct pre-existing misconceptions.

I dont care what that tingly feeling in your gut says. It means nothing. Link me to the source of the "lie". If you cant do that you're just posting your feelings as facts. And omission doesn't even apply. Noone omitted an important fact, deliberaterly left anyone with misconceptions or failed to correct pre-existing misconceptions. Your only source to prove this "lie" actually directly condradicts your argument. They did correct the misconception.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

So your going to go down swinging eh? The links have been provided and all you need to do is read them. Ignoring them and continually demanding information already provided is a weak tactic.

2011 - Obama uncle arrested for DWI = CNN
History of the Uncle - 2012 - Boston.com

2011 - White House states Obama and his uncle never had contact - Boston Globe
2011 to 2013 - The uncles case works its way through the courts. White house maintains Obama never had contact with his uncle during this time. - Various media outlets.
2013 - Immigration hearing - Uncle states on the record President Obama did in fact stay with him.
Present - White House back pedals, stating Obama did in fact have contact and that no one ever bothered to ask the President directly.

2011 - White House states President Obama and his uncle never had contact - USAToday

Carney said the White House staff [I]based its 2011 claim that the two had never met on a review of the documentary record — including Obama's memoir — and had not asked the president himself.[/I]

Media was asking the White House about this topic for over a year.. It appeared in the media, and we know this because he media keeps asking the White House about it. The President had a year to resolve that issue and failed to do so, relying on Herr Carney to continue issuing denials.

Only after the White House got caught lying, they changed their lie from never meeting him to ooops, we never asked the President.

Do you really think the President had no idea this occurred? With media pounding on the front door of the White House Obama knew what was going on and remained quiet. A relative of his, who was arrested for DWI, who is an illegal immigrant, who invoked the White House at the time of his arrest...

I know for a fact you are not that naïve about Politics and how this works.

The White House lied by statement when they denied they ever met to the Boston Globe in 2011.
The White House continued this lie up to the court appearance.
The White House lied when they stated no one ever asked the President.
the White House lied by omission with the back track and acknowledgement, because they had that info from the start.

The New York Times - White House now says Obama did meet his uncle

Two years ago, White House officials told the Boston Globe the president had never met Onyango Obama, known as Omar, the president's uncle. But press secretary Jay Carney said Thursday that the 2011 statement was false.

The president "had met Omar Obama when he moved to Cambridge for law school," Carney said, and "he stayed with him for a brief period of time until the president's apartment was ready."

"After that, they saw each other once every few months . . . and then, after law school, they gradually fell out of touch. The president has not seen Omar Obama in 20 years and has not spoken with him in roughly 10 years."

now its 10 years...

Lets put it this way - What possible reason / event existed for the White House to take the position of President Obama not having contact with his uncle?

Oh, that's right... the 2012 Presidential Elections.

Where immigration was a key issue...
Where Obama uncle was in this country illegally...
Where Obama has issued executive orders to slow / stop deportations...

So the question becomes was the White House lying in 2011, or in 2013?

According to Jay Carney they lied in 2011...

You up to speed now?
2011 - Lied
2012 - continued lie
2013 - called out by uncle
2013 - The President was never asked.

Washing ton Post DEC 3 - Obama’s uncle contradicts White House, says Obama stayed with him in 1980s

The White House said following Omar Obama's arrest that he and the president had never met. The president was not close to his father's side of the family given his father's absence in his life.

The White House has not commented on Omar Obama's claim.

I will wager that Obama is not going to be doing any more press conferences for the remainder of his Presidency. He is not going to put himself into a position where media can ask him directly about this and the other scandals he's trying to lie his way out of.

In order for Carney to make the statements he did, he would have had to know the answer, which means he had conversations with people about uncle Obama.

Its like a reporter asking the Press Secretary if the President is considering doing this or that. The only way the Press Secretary can answer that would be to ask the President, which means the President will have considered it.

This President, along with all others, are carefully vetted by their own to ensure they can handle whatever comes at them in the political arena. This is one of those areas..

So yes - they lied - and the White House stated as much.

But hey.. if you don't want to take my word, or that of the various media outlets reporting on this topic, as truth feel free to ask the 5 million people who were told they could keep their health care as is.

With this being said ive stated my position and posted the links to the sources.. You have made your position clear. I am not going to go in circles with you as we do in other threads. You are more than welcome to respond and try to pick my position / sources / facts apart. If they are credible I will respond and if they are nothing more than articles to support your version then we will shake hands and I will leave the field agreeing to disagree.
edit on 11-12-2013 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Xcathdra
Only after the White House got caught lying, they changed their lie from never meeting him to ooops, we never asked the President.

...and where is this question asked from the prez? That's what I've been asking all this time. Yet you cannot seem to provide it. Could it be that it doesn't excist? If you can show it thought I'm happy to shut up and go away.

Do you really think the President had no idea this occurred? With media pounding on the front door of the White House Obama knew what was going on and remained quiet. A relative of his, who was arrested for DWI, who is an illegal immigrant, who invoked the White House at the time of his arrest...

And where's this media pounding on the front door? Can you give even a single instance of prez being asked about this?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join