It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our Solar System - Heliocentric, or... Helical? (MUST SEE - paradigm shift)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   

NewAgeMan
I know people always want an accompanying description, but the video speaks for itself.

The Galactic Version.

Trippy, huh?

What are your thoughts and what came to mind for you when you saw this?

Best Regards,

NAM

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   

NewAgeMan

Trippy, huh?

Totally

Life is a trip, man.
edit on 12/3/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

The Earth follows a very similar pattern around the Sun due to the Moon's effects on Earth's orbital path.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Very nice vids op! S&F

Hey Phage, watching the galaxy spinning (in the vid) reminded me about the stars/planets on the outer rim rotating too fast around the galaxy, and the theory that its Dark matter that stops them shooting of into space.
As your the goto man for this kinda thing was wondering what the latest is on this theory. Is it still the accepted reason? and whats the latest on dark matter, ie: what is it?
edit on 3-12-2013 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Um, we're not exactly on a 90 degree axis of rotation, orientation, and travel around the Milky Way (our Galaxy).

I think these videos are attempting to 'sell' something that plugs into some new agey pseudo-sciencey stuff that has to do with vortices.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Phage

NewAgeMan

Trippy, huh?

Totally

Life is a trip, man.

Ah ha coming from you Phage that's hilarious in it's own way. Good one! You think you got me..

Edit to add: You DID get me, because the double meaning just occurred to me afterwards, how ego-centic of me to think or assume that you might only have been throwing a barb my way.. You GOT me! LOL oh well what can I do at least I'm honest. Good one.

edit on 3-12-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   

AliceBleachWhite
I think these videos are attempting to 'sell' something that plugs into some new agey pseudo-sciencey stuff that has to do with vortices.

No no no, that's what the first video tries to sell, then again there could be something to it.. !

Meaning that everything that happens and has ever happened leaves a vortice-spiral trail in the space-time continuum maybe even the zero point field as the space itself.

Ah, Sorry.

Seriously, it's just a trip to take a look at it in it's appropriate context while contemplating an evolutionary development, at all levels, from the very small to the very large.

I thought it was super-cool and gaROO-vy! LOL

Best,
NAM

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
We are a space faring people. We don't know where we started nor do we know our destination. We may come upon another system while traveling and be able to jump over to it. Like a virus, spreading throughout the galaxy and beyond. We may be a seed of some kind searching for an egg or sperm. We might even be a synapse firing and sending a thought to the central system. Or we might be an insignificant nothing.
Who knows?

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

Hey Phage, watching the galaxy spinning (in the vid) reminded me about the stars/planets on the outer rim rotating too fast around the galaxy, and the theory that its Dark matter that stops them shooting of into space.
That's not exactly how it works.

It is not that the stars at the rim are "too fast". The quandary is that the orbital velocity of stars does not decrease from the core outward. It isn't a matter of too fast or "shooting off into space" (never mind that that they are already in space).

If most of the mass of the galaxy were contained in the heart of the galaxy this would not be the case. Therefore, the theory is that there is stuff between the stars that cannot be seen. This stuff would provide the necessary mass.

Dark matter is still the prime candidate. What it "is", is something with mass (and therefore produces gravity) but neither emits nor absorbs electromagnetic radiation. Astrophysicists working hard trying to find some but it ain't easy.
www.sciencedaily.com...

edit on 12/3/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
That video is a bit misleading according to this article:

Vortex motion: Viral video showing Sun's motion through galaxy is wrong

He's mainly just nitpicking about the fact that the plane of our solar system is tilted with respect to its motion, so the planets don't always stay behind the sun as depicted in this video. But the basic idea of the video is still correct as far as I can tell.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   

NewAgeMan

AliceBleachWhite

I thought it was super-cool and gaROO-vy! LOL

I thought the beats were the best parts of the vids..

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Phage

It is not that the stars at the rim are "too fast". The quandary is that the orbital velocity of stars does not decrease from the core outward.

Gotcha, so the entire galaxy rotates (more or less) as if every thing is fixed in position? If I got that correctly, that seems even more odd to me

Thanks for the explanation.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Gorgeous music. I've seen that before and have gone back to it a few times just to be mesmerized.

I think the most important take-away from this is that, we're always going through NEW space. Instead of being in the same spot every December 3rd or whatever, we're in uncharted territory every second of every minute of every day. And with uncharted comes dust, rocks, asteroids and godknowswhat.

Kinda worrisome, that.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Nothing is stationary... Not the propeller (shown below), the sun, or the center of galaxies.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

These videos were brillant. Easy to understand, clear and very fun to watch. I might show it to some of my near circle of people as I consider this a way to easy get some information on astronomy.

Thruthseek3r

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Phage
(never mind that that they are already in space).

Wow! Why does no one else ever think of that, I thought I was the only one.

Haha, people continually say "THEY" wont let us into space because It's a hologram, the aliens will fight us, it's a program, the aliens will enlighten us and the lizards wont allow this, or something else because we're on earth and space is outer there somewhere.

We're already in space. On this little orbiting space faring ball of herbs and poo.

"I dun wanna go into space, man.. I'm already in space!"

"What is in outer space?"

WE ARE!!!

In a way that makes my old hillman hunter an ancient space ship. And they said no one could make a good space ship 50 years ago. ha. That thing ran on the vibrations of an AM radio too.

Anyway.. whats going on.. Oh yeah..

space.. how can it be the final frontier when it's more like a bowl of soup?

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   

AliceBleachWhite

Um, we're not exactly on a 90 degree axis of rotation, orientation, and travel around the Milky Way (our Galaxy).

We could all go and say something is great, then emotional reaction, then plug in something to sell, but in my opinion it is all relative on one's own perception. I must add, that I saw a couple of comments on the videos claiming that the term vortex is the wrong one as it actually is an helix, just like DNA is instead of a vortex, maybe a mistake maybe not.

Never the less, this video, even if not exactly to scale and with a potential of "new-age" stuff considering the term "vortex" was included, was still a great piece of information on astronomy. It was watchable and understandable for everyday man/woman.

Thruthseek3r

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

It's a little like a marionette moves as the strings are pulled, but you're never supposed to see the strings or the sticks. The veil of illusion removes them and you watch the reality of the dancing puppets.

but something holds them in place. there is something behind the scenes. Reality is almost 100% perception and the very nature of it denies us a behind the scenes look.. no back stage passes for us. We can only ever guess.

The hull of a ship occasionally rises out of the ocean and then plummets back into it. Without the hull the ship sinks. But no one ever draws the hull. It invariable stops where perception ends, at the ocean.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Americanist

Dark matter experiment detected nothing?

My zero counter detected nothing but positive numbers. I think it is broken.

Oo

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join