It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Psychics

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Find a large target you would like to have remote viewed. Give it some form of identification that means you can easily check what it was if you have a list of them, but that does not mean someone else can check what it is by googling.

Ask various people to remote view the target over a period of a couple of days and see how close they get.

If they want to show you their train of thought you'll find it'll move from very general overall feels and images down to more and more specific things. You won't have them sit down and read what's on page 7 of your diary, but if your target is a photo of a large green valley and they describe that valley as being "wide, open, green, tall trees, few clouds in the sky... maybe a valley of a mountain side or something", then you'll be getting the hang of what RVers generally achieve.

It's always better to have multiple people RV something and pool their impressions together, because anyone can make a mistake and focus incorrectly.

So present some target and give people 4-7 days or so to find the time to RV it.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by AngelaLadyS
My hair and skin and eye color stayed like that of a small child, very very light blond, soft (2 layered not 3). At 35 I still get carded for cigarettes ---- my avatar is actualy just a picture of me (part of one anyway).

Excuse me? I thought you were also Ycon. I need to locate the thread where I believe you said so. In that case aren't you the same lady at the Michigan ATS meet? There were pics & she had brunette hair.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 07:05 AM
link   

It would be wonderful to see you burn paper, or affect streetlights. The purpose of this thread, is just to demonstrate, not to analyse. I am sure you can rent a camcorder, or find someone who has one. There are many now days who have digital camcorders. And, you don't have to shows us hours of staring into paper --- edit it

I have a regular camcorder, it's getting it digitally streamed that would be the problem for me. I have a buddy who may be getting a digital one for Christmas though. If he does, or if I can somehow borrow one, etc. I'll definitely look into capturing the streetlight phenomena. It's an interesting thought on the pyrokinesis too. Just the other day, I had to wait for my wife to pick me up, so I was outside, and just for the hell of it picked up a twig and tried it. I couldn't get an ember or anything, but I did have small tendrils of smoke after only 15 minutes! So maybe I'll try to see if that will show on camera too....

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Forum members marg6043, frayed1, and AngelaLadyS are all quite correct. Psychic and telekinetic abilities are Gifts of the Spirit. We cannot turn them on and off at will. Psychic receptivity can be improved upon with practice but that still doesn't give one the ability to immediately activate extrasensory/telekinetic abilities upon command.

We have to be patient and receptive until the inquired awareness/energy is channeled to us from the Other Side and to always use that awareness/energy constructively.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 09:01 AM
link   
You're very limited if you have no control over what you are capable of doing.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 09:20 AM
link   
These types of experiments are just about impossible to do. People, most people, have no control over it. Myself as an example. I usually know who is calling as soon as the phone rings, at home and many times at work, I know what's going on with my children, if I dream something three time consecutively, in a row, it will happen. I usually know when someone will become ill or pass away and I know when something worn is going to happen to loved ones and have been able to warned them that ended up saving them....but I have no control over any of it as most people don't.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I can relate to having strange medical records- I am 23 now, my whole life my temperature has tended to stay close to 96-97 degrees (f) and my blood pressure is frighteningly low. While I was pregnant I spend a month in the hospital, being watched extra closely because they thought it was dangerous for the baby.
I tend to be a bit hyper-sensative to medication, as my body seems quite good at regulating itself at the strange settings it seemed to choose.

Other than that I will mostly jump on the bandwagon with it being hard to demonstate- but will add in part that often it is hard to find one willing because of the complications it may cause them.

Originally posted by AngelaLadyS
Something else.
I'd like to compare my medical records with those of 'normal people' and other people like myself.
I breath very shallow - when on the ox thingy in the hospital it constantly sets off the alarm. My blood pressure is considered too low, so is my body temperature. My hair and skin and eye color stayed like that of a small child, very very light blond, soft (2 layered not 3). At 35 I still get carded for cigarettes ---- my avatar is actualy just a picture of me (part of one anyway).

[edit on 2-12-2004 by blanketgirl]

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Your body temperature sounds more in line with that of raw foodists, rather than your average near-fever state human ;-)

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 09:52 AM
link   
blanketgirl.....interesting. Same here. My temp runs sub normal...if I am at or near 98.6 I'm running a fever. My BP also runs extremely low and even lower during pregnancy which always caused problems....as I have stated in other threads, I have a lot of electrical activity in my body and can't wear watches, I blow out light bulbs a lot and effect the computers in the house which is a big pain in the a$$ .......it's something that just runs in my family.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Psychism, channeling, mediumship--whatever name is used--it's extremely dangerous, not only to the channeler but to those who attend those sessions. One can attract and take home an unwelcome psychic hanger-on. Why are people attracted to psychics and channels? Because they want to be a witness to psychic phenomena. The Ancient Wisdom has long proclaimed psychic phenomena a "window at which one should not tarry long." Nothing of practical spiritual use is learned in any psychic or channeling session that cannot be read in a book (providing the book isn't written by a psychic!). Listening to a psychic or channel causes the mind to become filled with false prophesies and stupid bromides which may actually succeed in throwing a person off the true spiritual path. Far better for the spiritual journey would it be to simply work on yourself and help others who are in need.

To do a great miracle is great,but not great enough.To do a miracle is still to be in the world of the EGO.A real greatness is so ordinary that it claims nothing;it is so ordinary that it never tries to prove anything...
The mind is nothing but hankering ,desiring something to happen.Sometimes it is thinking about money,to have more money,to have bigger houses,to have more respectability,to have more political power.Then you turn towards spirituality;the mind remains the same.Now you want to have more psychic powers,telepathy,clairvoyance,and all sorts of nonsence.But the mind remains the same,you wnt more.The same continues.....Osho..

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Weird about the blood pressure and body temp...wonder if that's a slider issue.... Of course, now I have elevated blood pressure (used to be lower than normal), but still lower on the body temp.

Even though internal temp is a little low, my external seems warmer. In fact, my wife uses me as a natural heater, hehe... For example, in cold weather, if most people touch me, their hands feel like ice to me...but if I touch them, they're like, "damn you're warm!". Anybody else get this???

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   
That's a wild coincidence. My vitals are normally low-ish: BP 100/50, temp. 96.5, pulse 45, but my skin (especially hands & feet) are hot, 98+ measured with a no-contact thermometer. Good to know some people are as strange as I!

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Remote Viewing Demonstration:

This is to provide remote viewiers and clairvoyants an opportunity to demonstrate their skills.

I have selected a target and assigned it a 9 digit random number:

Target: 296.472.205

I would like you to give me information about the target and/or identitfy the target. The target is a photograph of a location.

All people who think/know they have psychic ability are welcome to try. You can use any methods or techniques you want.

I advise, and it is your own choice if you wish to follow my advice, that you do a 5-30 min meditation to settle your mind, then look at the target, and start writing down/typing all information, hunches and impressions you receive, such as colour, tones, shapes, objects, emotions, feelings, texture and do some basic drawings of outlines and shapes.

The closing date for this exercise is: 9th December 2004

Good Luck

[edit on 2-12-2004 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I had similar probs about a year ago. It seemed to come at a time when I started having many more psychic experiences too. Some told me it could have been "growing pains"... All I know is it had the doctors baffled, and me afraid (my temp was 96), and they couldn't get blood out of my left arm (my left side was numb, which is why I saw the doc).... Eventually it went away as the stress in my life did.

I also find that when I have a chaotic day mentally, things mysteriously fall off shelves, people stumble around me etc. Its creeepy.

Sometimes I will get a random message in my head, then find it pertaining to something that later happens. Sometimes I have dreams, that upon awakening, I know were precognitive. Can't control when they happen though.

I definitely feel as though I have a lot of psychic moments, but I never know when they will occurr. As far as reading people, I probably cannot give a real reading online. Usually, I need to be able to see, or be near someone to really get a "feel" for what is going on around them. Still, I cannot control when I will be especially in tune to energies. Some days are more sensitive than others. Some days my mind is more clear than others. I think these things can be improved upon with experience/time.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Horus_Re
Psychism, channeling, mediumship--whatever name is used--it's extremely dangerous, not only to the channeler but to those who attend those sessions. One can attract and take home an unwelcome psychic hanger-on. Why are people attracted to psychics and channels? Because they want to be a witness to psychic phenomena. The Ancient Wisdom has long proclaimed psychic phenomena a "window at which one should not tarry long." Nothing of practical spiritual use is learned in any psychic or channeling session that cannot be read in a book (providing the book isn't written by a psychic!). Listening to a psychic or channel causes the mind to become filled with false prophesies and stupid bromides which may actually succeed in throwing a person off the true spiritual path. Far better for the spiritual journey would it be to simply work on yourself and help others who are in need.

I say BS. How much experience do you have with channeling?? How do you figure that it is seriously dangerous to a practioner or the people around??

Psychics throw people off the true spiritual path?????

I also think it's bs when people say it's imporrsible to control such phenon. becxause it comes from the spirits. That type of thinking ensures that you won't be able to take control or learn to control.

[edit on 2-12-2004 by SethJaneRob]

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 12:36 AM
link   
"The first great danger is negative developments, such as mediumships and obsession The second great danger is seeking to unfold spiritual powers before the body has been properly purified to sustain the strain." -

Anyone who wants to develop their psychic abilites must be mentally and emotionally strong. This is not something you play with..........................

Unless your talking about some other spirit...I would suggest you first.

Learn the techniques of psychic self defense and well being to protect and balance yourself and home. Discuss potential psychic dangers, drains and trauma from other people, your environment, and yourself. Understand how to counteract these dangers and create new healthy habits. Learn to banish harmful spirits and break curses. Work with protection shields, guardian spirits, protective crystals, herbs and energy cleansing techniques to create a balanced, sacred environment. Based on Christopher's book, The WItch's Shield: Protection Magick and Psychic Self-Defense.....

ARE THERE ANY DANGERS IN PSYCHIC DEVELOPMENT?
Such dangers that exist are usually attributable to the wrong motivation, a group leader who is untrained and inexperienced, or the wish to psychically develop as a means of self aggrandisement.

Yes, of course there is a dark side to the world we inhabit, but the spiritually motivated medium or psychic is well protected from negative influences and in principle has nothing to fear.....

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 12:43 AM
link   

I also think it's bs when people say it's imporrsible to control such phenon. becxause it comes from the spirits. That type of thinking ensures that you won't be able to take control or learn to control.

Yes, I agree with you. This appears to be a misunderstanding or misconception by the resident "psychics" or a conveniance to avoid complications of being tested, as someone mentioned earlier. Decades of scientific studies in parapsychology have shown that psychic abilities can be cultivated, practiced and controlled like any other skill.

Those who cannot control their skills and settle for the spontaneity, have weak psychic skills. Those, who beleive they cannot be controlled, or that it it is some form of "sin" "evil "mistake" or a gift from spirits, are harbouring very counter-productive, regressive and limiting beliefs, that will impede on their psychic development and will not allow them to reach their full potential.

The first thing you will be taught in many self-respecting psychic development courses is to overcome such self-limiting beliefs. You have to approach psychic development with an open, fresh and positive mind. If you have a skill, practice it, understand it and apply it.

Again, I call upon the real psychics to come forth and demonstrate their skills. You can start with the remote viewing target above. Have fun.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Ok even if I'm really off...I'll go first.
I think that I can see columns, big white building, maybe water?

It's going to be interesting to see if any us can get anything right about this.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 03:11 AM
link   
A call for help from any psychic, remote viewer, or anyone that may just have a premonition on the following situation- This dogs name is Yutemo, and he has been missing since last Saturday night. It is not like him to become lost, and he is really missed-

The picure is recent- if you feel you know anything post here or send me a u2u.
Thanks-

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   
That is worth looking into- thank you for that tidbit, I've never heard it before and wondered if there was a good explaination doctors don't seem to know.

Originally posted by Nairod
Your body temperature sounds more in line with that of raw foodists, rather than your average near-fever state human ;-)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join