It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Concept of the afterlife comes from Alien technology?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Just to be clear, I'm not presenting this as factual or likely, just as a random thought I had that I felt was interesting and worth sharing.

The idea that a persons mind can be uploaded to a computer and live on after physical death isn't a new one, but has anyone ever made the connection between Humanity's belief in an afterlife, and this type of technology?

The whole ancient alien theory credits aliens with many of the things that make us human, perhaps the belief in the afterlife is one of them as well? In deep history, at a point when aliens were here for one reason or another, perhaps they conveyed to some humans that after they die their mind lives on in a massive multiplayer simulation, and without the context to understand such advanced technology this idea gets passed on as a spiritual afterlife, one which the early humans thought was a universal thing but actually only applied to the aliens, as it was their technology.

This would explain the different "levels" of the afterlife for different people, depending on your actions you may get punished by being condemned to having your mind uploaded for eternal punishment via the simulation. Or when "good" people die they would be uploaded to a different, more pleasant simulation. The aliens might have lied and said this applied to humans too, or they might have actually punished/rewarded some humans by putting them into "the program"

Just thinking about the implications of such a system is pretty mind boggling. For all of human history the most you could ever do to a person is cause them emotional harm, physical harm, or simply remove them from existence. You might control their body but their mind is their own, and it can never be taken, only surrendered.

This type of technology would totally change that. Imagine the fear a society would have knowing that even AFTER death they are still able to be punished and held accountable for their action, for eternity.

Obviously some people feel this way about the spiritual afterlife, I'm not one of them, and when you consider most people's actions it's obvious they don't REALLY believe they will be held accountable in the afterlife. This would be a factual, knowing thing, you WILL have to deal with it.

I'm getting a bit off track now, but I was just curious what other ATSers had to say on the idea.

edit on 2-12-2013 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   
I don't think the afterlife comes from alien technology.To me it's a greater concept beyond our earthly understanding. But I do think they are technologically capable of entering those two world's and that the other side can't be changed by them but here on earth they have the power to change things they want. If not that's the real truth why they may be here's to research human afterlife?

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by James1982

I think the idea of an afterlife simply came out of the question "what happened to that dead person?"

I'm sure once humans were intelligent enough to realize what being alive meant, they probably began to wonder what happened to that person when they were no longer alive.

Out of that question arose ideas of an afterlife, a creator who controlled that afterlife, and religions to explain that creator.

edit on 12/3/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

join