It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You signed up for Obamacare but do you know if you will be covered Jan 1st? The Administration doesn

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
This is beyond laughable...

Link to article

Mr Carney said that he is not sure if those who signed up for Obamacare will actually be covered on January 1st. Now, would this not be a given and he should feel confident in saying yes, yes they will be.

Speaking to reporters Monday at the White House, Press Secretary Jay Carney couldn't directly say whether people who have "signed up" for Obamacare will actually have health insurance starting on January 1.

"We're telling consumers if they're not sure if they're enrolled they should call the insurer directly," Carney said.

Millions of Americans have lost their health insurance thanks to Obamacare and have been unable to successfully sign up for another plan. Five-million Americans have lost their health insurance plans while only 100,000 people have either signed up for Obamacare or have put a plan in their shopping cart on Healthcare.gov or through state-based exchanges.

Contact the provider? Why? What is the government website for if you cannot sign up and then go back and check to see if everything is ok with what you selected and on track. Sounds like it is just a middleman to collect data again to me and a poor one at that.

when pressed he said...

"This was a marker along the road about the progress we needed to make," Carney said. "We said it wouldn't happen all at once...We're not done with the work that needs to be done on that website but I think we've passed an important milestone in getting in to work for the vast majority of users."

As of today, Healthcare.gov can handle 50,000 users at a time on the site. In the age of Amazon and Facebook, that's hardly a success. Today is Cyber Monday, which means Amazon will process orders for more than 13 million items.

"The end game is not the most effective website we can build," Carney said. "We are confident that we've achieved significant improvement and functionality in the website...We never said there wouldn't be any problems moving forward or an error website."

Carney also blamed Republicans for Obamacare delays.

That darn GW and his evil ways, taking healthcare away from immigrants, ethnic americans and the poor....

edit on 12pm31pmfu2013-12-02T15:49:58-06:000358 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
With Mr. Carney spewing all of these answers to the websites problems it seems to me this whole A.C.A website media coverage is a red herring. It seems the problems with the website were made on purpose in order to shift all ACA debate to wether or not the website works and not the actual debate on the new health laws themselves.

This website failure talk is exactly what obamacare supporters want. The red herring.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by matafuchs

If you haven't made a payment?????.............YOUR NOT covered! Signing up means squat until you get the contract and make the payment....

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
So all the big headlines all over the free world today about 100,000's of people signing up (ignore the subtitles about how far UNDER min. expectations it is), we can surmise this:

If you've signed up, you're in the system! Except..maybe you aren't. You probably are though! ..Although we just can't be 100% positive. Check back!

If you've signed up, good news! You're covered! We just..well...we don't know when, exactly how or for what price that will come at this moment in time. Check back!

Umm.. Okay... Why are we signing up to a system they can't even tell anyone if they'll be covered by the time it's supposed to be in full effect? (some people *REQUIRE* unbroken coverage ...what about them? A week can be a big big deal to some) They can't explain precisely how they've been hacked either...only that they THINK they have, and information was lost...but no one quite seems to know which information or what scope of data was taken.

Do they know ANYTHING for sure or does Carney just get up to host the Press Room Follies as a comedy routine?

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I guess I really don't understand this whole nightmare anyway.

Even if you do sign up, and are covered, how long is that coverage really going to last? I thought that they had to have X amount of people sign up, including X amount of young, healthy people, to make this whole thing viable?

So, if the deadline is Dec. X, and they don't reach X amount, how long is the insurance company going to lose money before they start cancelling people?

I guess I really want to meet the person that read ALL the details of this, and said, Hell ya it will work.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

Nice one. I give you a star for that but in all seriousness this is scary business. I do not care anymore who created this debacle but someone needs to fix it.

I got my letter from BCBS and I had to switch to my wifes coverage for the first time in 22 years of paying for my own insurance because the premiums would be 10k per year not 7k and the deductible went up 2k. I work for a private company and it STILL jacked itself up. This is what the entire bill should have prevented.

When you sign up for insurance, within a week(maybe 10 days) you are sent your benefits package. That is what this is referring to. People have signed up and DO NOT know if they are covered and should not have to contact the provider they should be able to find it online...where they signed up.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Look...I work full time at a great Auto company, am Union and Im not covered now. Why should I think Ill be covered on Jan 1st??

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

I changed the Title of the OP since I do not believe it explained my laughter. The plans that they are touting as usable and to sign up for cannot be verified for coverage come first of the year. If they were, they would say it. Any time a government officials says that they are not sure we are usually screwed because they do. If they can say something to make themselves look good, they always will...

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Thanks for clarifying...its been such a struggle for me with some serious pre-existing medical conditions WITHOUT insurance...that now the wife and I think we got that down pretty good. Tests only when and where necessary based on ability to pay it and the docotrs saying I HAVE to.

All that seems a hell of a lot easier than trying to figure out if I will or wont be "Obama-cized", and by how much, with what deductables etc. And so far...no one wants to touch me BECAUSE of pre-existing conditions. Its not easy....

Well...my ex-wife used to call me a "dog"...so I was wondering how much the animal shelter would charge me for an MRI...........????

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
This is soooo typical with just about everything coming out this White House.

Always more questions from every "answer".

Always falling short of a genuine solution.

Always something missing and hidden.

Answers always with double talk.

Never a clear road ahead.

I predict many people will be finding out they've been "bypassed" by mistakes and errors.

Especially "New" people who never had insurance in the past.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
so come 1 January, there are potential millions of people that WERE on an insurance plan, forced to this obama crap, now they might NOT be covered, essentially denying them medical coverage, medicines, etc?

Our govt sucks and something needs to be done about the retards running it
Dumbassed democrats

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Most european friends of my wife laugh at us. Unless there you have a serious medical issue you rarely need insurance. If you get sick 2 times a year, that is a 100 dollar office visit and 100 dollars in meds.

Problem is, in America, that even without a pre existing condition you will be prescribed something and have to have blood work and EEG's and EKG's and then more meds and now it is IBS and then it is tendonitis and then it is hypertension and suddenly you are on so many pills and going to the doctor so often of course your ass is sick.

Pre-existing conditions would also not be that bad if the US did not rape us on cost. The same procedures in other countries are a fraction of what we pay here and do not let the 'we have the best doctors' get you. There are thousands who barely squeak by in med school or who are at the bottom of the chain just like there are pediatricians from India who immigrated who are driving cabs in Manhattan.

Healthcare needed regulations not a new place to buy it. This is worse. They 'created' a new middle man.

If we decided to stop foreign aid we could take care of our young, sick and elderly....

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Nice one. I give you a star for that but in all seriousness this is scary business. I do not care anymore who created this debacle but someone needs to fix it.

Whether what I said deserved a star or not is not the issue. Thank you though!

But you are right! This is scary business, but unexpected???

I would have to say no!

How many times have we seen the intention was a "single payer system"? That was this administrations goal in the first place!!! They have ADMITTED IT!!!

Create such a disaster that the American people will be BEGGING for something better OR "different"!

Problem, reaction, solution............

They know how to manipulate us, so that we beg them to do what is in their best interest! OURS???? Not so much! But we allow them to do it.........

edit on 2-12-2013 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
actually i signed up through a state exchange.
i have insurance now for the first time in 12 years.

i was blackballed by insurance companies for a couple bouts with cancer.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I'm anxiously awaiting to see what will happen with this.

I cannot afford health insurance, I'm not going to purchase health insurance. Last time I tried to sign up for Medicare I got rejected.

What gets me mad is this new law does nothing to improve health care. Lets say I do purchase health insurance, I would still be forced to pay out of pocket every time I see a doctor. What is the point of insurance when I still have to pay about the same to see a doctor as I would without insurance.

As I see it ObamaCare is the most asinine thing they could do with health care. It is blatantly obvious the mandate is a gift to insurance companies.

I want to see it succeed and us Americans truly have affordable quality healthcare, unfortunately I just do not foresee than happening and ObamaCare is just another way the fat cats can steal from the working class.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by rickm

Awesome Rick...2 questions?

1. Was coverage offered from your work?
2. Who is it through?

Congrats but the point being we did not need the monster that is PPACA for you to get coverage. Just a national law stating that someone cannot be denied based on a pre-existing condition. You see, what PPACA does is not guarantee you coverage, it guarantees you will pay the same as someone else in the same plan that is offered to you. Not all plans will be offered to you also nor will some of those plans cover your pre existing condition. Kind of like having to buy flood insurance and when you file a claim they do not cover for many of the issues including water damage. Makes no sense but so it is in the insurance world.

The key to understanding this distinction is that having “health coverage” is not the same as actually obtaining “health care.” The insurance plan has to take anyone who wants to enroll, regardless of their health status or health history – but they don’t have to provide the same treatments, the same doctors, or the same medications that a patient has been receiving.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   

no insurance thru my company. i am self employed.
i currently have coverage through blue cross.

i would gladly pay 2k a month than the mounting bills (still mounting) and approaching 200k for my heart attack.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by rickm

I understand your plight, I do. I had a heart attack(stent) in 9/01 and another in 2010 but I have always had insurance through work. Massive bills? Yes, I currently owe 40-50k still but all of my yearlies are covered as well as my meds. The copays have just gone from 5 to 50 in the last few years. I even went from Humana to BCBS in 09 with no issues.

Another problem with health insurance is that depending on who you go through(broker) you may not get the best coverage or the right plan. Everyone is out to make a buck.

What the PPACA could have done was

1. Regulate cost
2. Offer affordable coverage you can use
3. Reject pre-existing claims
4. Get coverage to those in need and not to those who just do not have

What is has done is

1. Raise Cost
2. Offer the coverage you had at a greater premium and deductible
3. Still gives the ability to reject a service for a pre-existing condition even if 'covered'
4. Gives coverage to those who may not have had it but not those who still cannot afford it

It sucks. If a GW or Ron Paul had presented it I would think the same thing. To me this is not a partisan issue anymore. The bills is passed and the hidden items are out there now.

Rework it or kill it...

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   

i do disagree with one point
it has not raised costs overall.

well, it has, but the cost of medical procedures has not risen on the same level it has in past years.

so one argument can be raised that the ACA has helped slow the cost of medical procedures

but one thing i am happy about the ACA is, i am not paying my neighbors ER bill when he skips out. that is one of the biggest causes of rising medial costs is people not paying. so it gets passed on to everyone

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
It truly is madness.

The headline-propaganda and what will soon be a "daily push" in your face from the administration and all those fortunate souls who are "benefitting" from the program (I'm guessing he's going to position them for photo ops!) is a sure sign of desperation.

They will continue to cram this farce down everyone's throats any way possible and necessary! To admit failure or to re-group and try to get it right would be political suicide and they'd rather kill us off...

Interesting sidenote: was at Dr's office for yearly the other day and we got into a chat about how pharmacys and insurance companies are actually QUESTIONING the meds he is prescribing for his patients based on AGE???

He told me he's been getting letters from insurance companies and literally tosses them in the trash: unless they have an MD after their name? He doesn't consider anything they think he should do valid.

Unfortunately it's going to be another "push": to get you used to psuedo -medical "care" while standing in Walmart or Walgreens and it will end up being up to the insurance companies and not the DR. as to "what you will be allowed..." for treatment it seems.

The reality and the BS being pushed out simply don't match up!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join