It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maritime ‘black hole’: Russia launches new ‘stealth’ submarine!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Zaphod58
reply to post by BO XIAN

It's a pump jet in the case of Virginia. It pumps a jet of water to propel the boat.

Ahhhhh.

I heard once about an experimental sub . . . wherein the water was somehow charged in such a way that totally no moving parts channels moved the water electronically the length of the sub. I don't know that I ever heard how well it worked out. Did you ever hear of such a thing?

A propulsion system with no moving parts using moving water to move the sub through the water could be quite an advantage, I'd think.

Seems to me it would take some REAL exotic cleverness to 'charge the water' fast enough to do what was needed.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Magneto Hydrodynamic Drive, or MHD. They experimented with it in the 70s, but from what I've heard it was really limited, especially in regards to top speed.

They may be able to get it to work better now though.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   

BO XIAN
reply to post by andy06shake

I don't recall the chatter from my buddies on that score.

I have heard that SOME diesels were amazingly quiet.

Has anyone heard of exotic propulsion subs? . . . not using props?

Diesels are quiet when they are running on batteries. As battery technology advances, range/speed increase. They are much cheaper than nukes and excellent weapons platforms for coastal defense.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

That was my impression at the time, too. That it was tolerably functional at slow speeds but that they'd not found a way to speed it up much.

Though one wonders . . . given certain exotic 'ufo' technologies . . . would it be plausible that manipulating magnetics and perhaps even gravity . . . and maybe even dimensions . . . somehow in there with all that would be the means to move water through a couple of tubes on each side or 4 'corners' of the sub cylinder very forcefully and fast without any moving parts?

And, that was 40 years ago . . . One would imagine we haven't been totally farting around since then.

Of course . . . with all that exotic tech, perhaps we have such craft that fly and dive as well. LOL. But I've never heard that we did have craft that did both.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by pteridine

Ahhh right. On batteries.

The newer tech batteries must be a real boon.

And aren't some exotic capacitors getting to be as servicable as batteries only better in some respects?

I still think that a LOT of the nuke industry is fraught with stupidity or out-right corruption and withheld technology. I just don't see why it has to be so expensive.

I absolutely am 100% convinced we have the tech to clean up all the nuclear waste and render it totally harmless. I've read scant confirmation of that over the years but every once in a while, some will come along.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

There's actually a technology that could be used if it wasn't for NIMBY (Not In My BackYard). It would use spent fuel rods for fuel. But they can't build a reactor anywhere, because no one wants the fuel rods near them.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   

I also believe that the PTB have NOT WANTED the nuclear power industry to become a source of cheap power.

So, I think they have either engineered clunky ways of doing it or simply blocked needed advances as well as blocked the tech that could clean up the waste totally. They like it expensive and scary.

They have loved having oil to centralize CONTROL as well as increase their absurd wealth even more outrageously.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Oh the technology is coming. It's just been hard to get it to do what they wanted. But we'll see less and less oil dependence.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
In terms of a nuclear threat it doesn't really matter how close they get or what machines can do it. The second-strike capability of America has pretty much insured that Russia or anyone else would not try to launch.

Even if we are taking out we have the ability to fire back from land, air, and sea so wiping out our cities would only ensure their destruction also.

Any nuclear threat will have to be smuggled in and set off under the guise of a terrorist attack specifically aimed at hiding the country who originated the attack.

Probably the last thing we need to worry about is a major power surfacing off our coast and launching nuclear weapons at us.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Purportedly they want to FIRST--before releasing such tech--genocidally kill off all but 200-500 million globally because they are convinced that with virtually free unlimited and uncentralized power, the global population would mushroom to 25 BILLION overnight.

Also, they evidently want to have the other--stuff--the trackable ID chip implant (perhaps with remotely triggerable termination poison included when injected) and massive surveillance technologies firmly in place so that they have other total means of controlling individuals beyond centralized power distributions.

Ain't technology wonderful! . . . except when it isn't.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Well they better get on the ball. I'm hearing ten to fifteen years tops before we see some nice new tech that brings cheap, safe power.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Spookybelle

Sooooooooooo . . . how do you explain the literally hundreds of people all around the world who have been having very clear and repeated prophetic type dreams of just that happening . . . nukes from subs and other vehicles striking our cities on the Left and East coasts at the start of WW3.

And certainly there are also rumors from Russia as well as China of such goings on in the works.

Dimitru Duduman has the best track record on such dreams and visions. . . . now deceased . . .

DIMITRU DUDUMAN’S VISIONS
CHINA AND RUSSIA ATTACK:

www.handofhelp.com...

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Yeah, that's my impression of the timeline, too.

However, they seem to be rushing toward the start of WW3 before then . . . maybe they are waiting for the O to destroy more of our military's capacity to defend and respond, first.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   

BO XIAN

Sooooooooooo . . . how do you explain the literally hundreds of people all around the world who have been having very clear and repeated prophetic type dreams of just that happening . . . nukes from subs and other vehicles striking our cities on the Left and East coasts at the start of WW3.

And certainly there are also rumors from Russia as well as China of such goings on in the works.

Dimitru Duduman has the best track record on such dreams and visions. . . . now deceased . . .

DIMITRU DUDUMAN’S VISIONS
CHINA AND RUSSIA ATTACK:

www.handofhelp.com...

Your not actually serious about that are you?

Dreams, really?

Oh brother

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   

grey580
reply to post by nighthawk1954

Sounds like the Red October from the Tom Clancy novel/movie.
magnetohydrodynamic drive.
hopefully we have something like that already.

Actually, IIRC they're a new version of an old submarine. They're diesel-electrics.

New diesel subs can be extremely quiet. Gotland class designs are pretty badass, and can run for weeks submerged on a liquid oxygen-diesel Stirling generator. They're generally smaller, too. Hard to spot. We should be running some designs like that.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   

I gather you've never had prophetic dreams come true in your life . . . much less multiple times.

I gather you don't know anyone personally who has reliably had accurate prophetic dreams over many years.

I gather you exalt in your derisive tone and attitude toward things which you have little knowledge or experience of. And further, that you haughtily consider that reasonable and super rationalist superior.

Impressive.

Not.

Your construction on reality is going to undergo some major shaking up in the next 5-20 years.

Sheesh.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   

The russians have had the ability to not sail up to the USA and launch nukes whenever they want since about 1959.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Bedlam

grey580

Sounds like the Red October from the Tom Clancy novel/movie.
magnetohydrodynamic drive.
hopefully we have something like that already.

Actually, IIRC they're a new version of an old submarine. They're diesel-electrics.

New diesel subs can be extremely quiet. Gotland class designs are pretty badass, and can run for weeks submerged on a liquid oxygen-diesel Stirling generator. They're generally smaller, too. Hard to spot. We should be running some designs like that.

Without the range of a nuclear sub? Makes sense regionally but for USN?

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   

BO XIAN

nighthawk1954

I just hope we stay friendly with the Russians.

rt.com...

I'm confident that the Marxist O is staying VERY FRIENDLY with the Ruskies.

He's probably been co-ordinating their attack plans on the USA for the start of WW3. He probably wants to be away from the White House on some golf course in some tropical island somewhere when the festivities start and he wants to insure that the Ruskies and Chinese cooperate with his plans on that score.

I think if he were any more friendly with the Ruskies or the Chinese, he'd have to lick their feet . . . or elsewhere.

Who is the Marxist O? Some clown with a mustache in Venezuela?

If you mean Barack Obama, well, he's certainly not too popular with Putin (Syria) and with Xi (China/Japan islands) at the moment.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join