It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope on the End times persecution of Christians & the meaning of the Desecration of the Temple

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   
In his homily on November 28, 2013 the Pope reflected on the gospel reeding of the day (Luke 21:20-28). He spoke on what will precede the end times and the persecution of Christians. He spoke of another passage where where Our Lord referred to the Desecration of the Temple and what that means.

As people have been trying to peg the meaning of the Desecration of the Temple and I have heard many points of view on this, I thought his theology on the subject to be enlightening:

It will be “a profanation of the faith, of the people,” he continued, and “it will be an abomination, it will be desolation and abomination.”

“What does this mean?” the Pope asked the Mass attendees, responding, “It will be like the triumph of the prince of this world: the defeat of God.”

I hope you take a few minutes to read the entire homily (it's short). After reading this and seeing the changes in my country (the U,S.) in the last year I am convinced we are the beginning of the end times. It is time to wake up and see the signs.

End times will bring greater persecution to Christians, Pope says

edit on 12/2/2013 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

Indeed, I do believe that religion is suffering a slow death. In the last 10 years I would say the attack on religions, not just christianity has certainly intensified. More and more people are speaking out against it, against churches, and faith in general.

Church groups like the Marlboro's, of course contribute to the very fast decline of christianity. Society has changed, changed towards technology and it is slowly replacing the old skool form of christian believes. If this is what the Pope means, then yes, surely we are living in the end times.

vvv

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   
End of times? not for humanity but Religion and not a moment to soon.
Religion the Cancer that has plagued every human since the first priests started taking half a shekel for God (2nd book of the Bible).
It will take a few more generations and then we will be free from the chains that have held us back for thousands of years.
Humanity FTW!!!

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   

boymonkey74
Religion the Cancer that has plagued every human since the first priests started taking half a shekel for God (2nd book of the Bible).
It will take a few more generations and then we will be free from the chains that have held us back for thousands of years.
Humanity FTW!!!

You see mate, this is what I was referring too. Many people out there harbor the same feelings as you about religion. More and more of them now speak out openly about it, very vocally. It does not matter what my religious orientation is. I am merely observing. Yet the fact I just mentioned, is indeed proof of the fall of religion, and maybe even the fall of humanity. The very same humanity you cling to so dearly.

vvv
edit on 2-12-2013 by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   

boymonkey74

The priests of YHWH were not the first to take money for their services.

boymonkey74

Have you any idea how Illuminati that sounds?

ETA
I like a lot of the things this pope has been saying, he's not very establishment. I am surprised he has lasted as long as he has, I reckon he will be dead within a few months like John Paul I but not necessarily with the same poison.The first four and a half minutes:

edit on 2/12/13 by Cinrad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Without a doubt the world seems to be turning against Christianity in general.

The Teachings of Christ have never actually been put into place in the system. For example Christ taught us to turn the other cheek when attacked and for the one is who leader to be the one who washes the feet of his subjects.

In this world if you practice what Christ preached you are beaten to a pulp. A lot of people who turn away from Christianity do so because they cannot handle the heat of ridicule and the battering one gets from this world.

I had a good hard think about this Creation recently. I am not able to forsake Him for some reason. I cannot live up to His Teaching, but His name is written deep in my heart. Too precious a treasure to ever betray!

What to say about this world; "Forgive us for (we) know not what we do".

Every blessing. Sad Eyed Lady (Of The Lowlands)!

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   
It was always the church when I was growing up that was telling us about how evil man is. Yet in the main I could never agree then or in fact now. We were also told about the sins of being greedy or working purely for money, yet the shining example of grabbing money is the Catholic Church and of course if one looks at the profiles of the top bankers - they all belong to branches of Judaism and Christianity and a good few to the Muslim world to. So we certainly don't practise what we preach. Was that what the Pope was hinting at?

I noticed his remarks about paganism - so why is he living ontop of a pagan temple and most of his churches etc which have been built on pagan sites. Surely according to his stance on this matter and perhaps many previous Popes, why have they not been moved to 'uncontaminated' ground' rather than ground originally dedicated to paganism?

His religious beliefs all are grounded in paganism and he seems a bit disrespectful not to acknowledge this. The only way the church will survive is to change its attitude towards a more human and balanced form of worship and to bring back the honour and respect for the female side of worship is jujst one change that would make religion more appealing.

Having spent his life studying religious belief, surely he should be aware that any form of religious worship always consists of a spark of life given by creation no matter how it is worded or portrayed, which he names God, others name thi the Creator, some the Architect and many other names from the Eastern religions - but they all refer to the same ideal.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I was under the impression the church grew under oppression
Isnt that a good thing

www.christianity.com...

Sometimes trials are needed
The atheists have it all wrong, attacking the church grows the church

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   

boymonkey74
Humanity FTW!!!

Or may be even what has evolved us for thousands of years???

Well the troops are all in position. It is prophesised in Revelations that a great tribulation would come for Christianity. It relates to what Christ said about being hated and even put to death for believing in His Teaching.

This town ain't big enough for the both of us (joking) "Time will tell just who has fell and who's been left behind...when you go your way and I go mine" (from a Bob Dylan song).

Or even...

"There's a lone Soldier on the cross
Smoke pouring out of a box car door.
You didn't know it, you didn't think it could be done
That in the end he'd win the war
AFTER LOSING EVERY BATTLE" (another Bob Dylan song).

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   

borntowatch
I was under the impression the church grew under oppression
Isnt that a good thing

www.christianity.com...

Sometimes trials are needed
The atheists have it all wrong, attacking the church grows the church

Yes, it is. a good thing. Maybe those who fear losing their lives might disagree. So is the second coming of Christ which will follow the martyrdom.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Revolution9

Well, hello Dylan fan. Dylan has a KJV version of the Bible he keeps on a stand. I am not sure if he has one in every house he owns, but he studied it thoroughly.
Thanks for your thoughts.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   
The fact that Christians persecute EVERYONE that isn't in their little club, then cry and moan about being persecuted, makes me really not care.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   

sad_eyed_lady

Well, hello Dylan fan. Dylan has a KJV version of the Bible he keeps on a stand. I am not sure if he has one in every house he owns, but he studied it thoroughly.
Thanks for your thoughts and beautiful expression of faith.

I am not able to forsake Him for some reason. I cannot live up to His Teaching, but His name is written deep in my heart. Too precious a treasure to ever betray!

edit on 12/2/2013 by sad_eyed_lady because: add something

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

I don't think it means the fall of humanity nor God just religion.
We are each the center of our own universe, a unique point of conscious thought, many do seek spiritual matters now by using their own god given mind to find the big answers we seek, we do not need others to tell us how to do it anymore, we will continue without religion.
The world will be a better place without it.
God doesn't have a religion only man and we will get closer to God without it.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   

sad_eyed_lady

That's good to hear that Bob does that. He has set up a lot of Messianic Synagogues in the U.S, too.

On a light hearted note and just making a point with humour, but if Christ has got this all figured then there will be some pretty cool dudes to hang out with in the Kingdom; including Elvis, Bob Dylan, Joan Baez, Bob Marley, Martin Luther King, Moses, St Peter and a whole diverse crowd of other cool people on a forever scale. Sounds like a very good gig to me; last but not least the Hosts of the party The Creator Himself and His Son the very famous Messiah from Bethlehem.

I wish!!! Would be a dream come true. May be get the chance to meet you there. If I behave I am sure I will do.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Jefferton
The fact that Christians persecute EVERYONE that isn't in their little club, then cry and moan about being persecuted, makes me really not care.

A rather sweeping statement.

If, the end times do come to pass, then indeed you will care. There will be no choice, no matter what your religious believes are.

vvv

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   

I don't think it means the fall of humanity nor God just religion.

Sir, we are talking about the end times. Not just the falling of religion. If the old books are to be believed, then indeed it will be the fall of humanity and everything else.

vvv

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Revolution9

sad_eyed_lady

That's good to hear that Bob does that. He has set up a lot of Messianic Synagogues in the U.S, too.

On a light hearted note and just making a point with humour, but if Christ has got this all figured then there will be some pretty cool dudes to hang out with in the Kingdom; including Elvis, Bob Dylan, Joan Baez, Bob Marley, Martin Luther King, Moses, St Peter and a whole diverse crowd of other cool people on a forever scale. Sounds like a very good gig to me; last but not least the Hosts of the party The Creator Himself and His Son the very famous Messiah from Bethlehem.

I wish!!! Would be a dream come true. May be get the chance to meet you there. If I behave I am sure I will do.

I did not know that about him setting up Messianic Synagogues in the U.S. That is awesome.

Looking forward to meeting you there. Yes, everybody in heaven is cool.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

No thats what they want you to believe, The end of times is just the fall of religion, we will carry on without it.
We don't need it anymore, maybe we did once but we are evolving spiritually and socially to be able to just let it die.
Again Humanity FTW!!

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   

This is Faith!

Yes People! Mighty Special Rider Elvis Levis KNEW!

Between you and me I think The Father of Creation quite liked His Elvis and let the man spread the Word in Las Vegas and THE WORLD!

edit on 2-12-2013 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join