It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Starfish are dying at an alarming rate on West Coast, Washington all along the coast of California!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Radiation level in Fukushima observation well reportedly 36,000 times higher than normal

DEC 03, 2013

According to plant operator Tokyo Electric Power Co. (TEPCO), strontium-90 and other radioactive substances that emit beta rays were detected at a level of 1.1 million becquerels per liter in underground water pumped up from an observatory well on Nov. 28. The well is located at a sea bank east of the No. 2 reactor, about 40 meters from the ocean.

The amount of detected radioactive materials hit the highest level since Nov. 25, which marked 910,000 becquerels per liter of underground water. The national allowable emission level for strontium-90, a typical radioactive isotope that emits beta rays, is less than 30 becquerels per liter of water.

mainichi.jp...

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by MariaLida

The plants in the ocean make up 85% of oxygen on earth. Fukashima just killed it.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Fukashima killed the ocean. Now it lay wasted and dying.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

Very nicely put, I gave you a star for that one. I live in Florida and every couple of days on the morning or evening news there is a couple more dolphins washed up dead. Biologist say that it is from some kind of disease like the measles. But most people do not die from the measles.

Dolphins dying in droves and scientists can't stop it

This problem is ocean wide. There is truly just one ocean. We think of the Pacific not being connected to the Atlantic but it is. This is happening in many areas around the world, we just don't have them all put in one post yet. But Spiramirabilis did an awesome job with her links... I just had one more to add to hers.

Let's take care of our oceans. We need to stop drilling for oil which would stop the oil spills, and we need to find a new source of energy. I like Solar Energy myself. But way to expensive to be practical.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I heard a rumor that in less than 5 years from now japan will be inhabitable for all life forms. Fuka must have messed this up bad and it's spreading. by, by oxygen planet earth.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Skywatcher2011
By the way, my gut feeling is leaning towards Fukushima radiation leak....Anything that is happening to the ocean dwellers I will put the blame on the radiation and or pollution levels in our oceans.

i am with you on this one , i really do see it strange how all these animals are dying off . it is not just star fish we have whales and dolphins not so long ago.

but the problem is no one is willing to accept this due to the denial of TEPCO . "nothing is wrong its just a bit of radiation, stick your heads back in the sand, oh wait the beach is polluted"

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

Of course they aren't. They are about to blow up Syria's chemical weapons at sea to kill even more life.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Does nobody else find it odd that these instances completely skipped over the Oregon coast?

Does starfish disease not like Oregon or something? Never seen disease follow state borders (whether they be coastal or not)

This makes me think something industry related, that CA and WA allow, but Oregon doesn't. Or something oregon allows and they don't, which provides some natural defense or offense for the disease.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   

cheebie23
reply to post by Aleister

Of course they aren't. They are about to blow up Syria's chemical weapons at sea to kill even more life.

No, they aren't. They are not disposing of them in any way similar to blowing them up. Please educate yourself as to not appear a fool.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Fukushima says 'Hi!'.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join