It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California Now Confiscating Legally Purchased Guns

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

OpinionatedB
reply to post by crazyewok

yes the original posting does remain... yet we cannot respond to any of it.

Then I call mod bias.

Either delete it all or leave it all, one should not pick and choose.

BTW Im glad not all Americans are ignorant like that poster!

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   

It's certainly a discussion, I considered making a thread earlier on the topic but decided against it, a bit of work to reconstruct, once again, very detailed and high quality posts... that will teach me to save my work off site when I post! lol. (edit to add... yes, that makes me lazy I know! hahaha)....

and yes, not all Americans are ignorant.

Although I must say, with people allowing gun confiscation, I do wonder sometimes!
edit on 1-12-2013 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   

OpinionatedB

Although I must say, with people allowing gun confiscation, I do wonder sometimes!
edit on 1-12-2013 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

Fear and misdirection.

People see the mass shooting and think "GUNZ BAN THEM!" Its a simple kneejerk reaction.

What they dont get is that just treating the symptom so to speak and just covering the problem. There is something rotton in the USA and people either cant see it or dont want to and just use guns as a scapegoat. If guns are banned then the mass shooters will likley just switch to pipe bombs or Chainsaws or what ever other weapon.
edit on 1-12-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
The society in California is not normal. They have a weird way of interpreting things. Most people in the upper society of California are not thinking properly, they have learned to believe in the lies they spread. That includes the people confiscating the guns. They need to disarm the police and upper society people there, they are thinking irrationally. They need to disarm those who believe that we do not have a right to protect ourselves and our family. The people who have misdemeanors are usually not as much of a threat as the people trying to say they have rights because they have the power to say so while the common person has no rights unless they agree with them.

It is only a matter of time before these people doing this mess up and become targeted by the masses. They will be stripped of their social power. I see this around here, some who have gained social status try to make laws they think are right without regard for anyone else.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

'MURICA!

*grunt*
*scratch*

Whether or not America did something or not, or the French did this/that or the British did this/that is moot since it's the past.

I mean, America should be thankful for the Magna Carta if we're going to go into the past.

But the point remains that an encroaching movement is taking place to remove guns from law-abiding citizens.

And that is not good.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

beezzer

'MURICA!

*grunt*
*scratch*

Whether or not America did something or not, or the French did this/that or the British did this/that is moot since it's the past.

I know. And I know alot of you Americans are not stupid
But I love my history its kinda my passion and like anyone with a passion I hate to see it butcherd

Maybe if there was a history forum *hint* *hint* I can take my history rants there

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   

AnIntellectualRedneck
reply to post by violet

I'm not so sure about that. If there is anything that will start another civil war in the U.S. it's going to be trying to take guns away from Southerners.

Will confirm that statement, consider that a fact from Nashville TN.

-RicoWhiskeyDelta

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jrod

I am curious how they are getting around the Ex Post Facto portion of the US Constitution.

As for the actions of confiscation - I would urge members of law enforcement, based on the info at hand, to refuse the order as it appears to be illegal and unconstitutional.

I would urge the citizens to be heard and contact your representatives - at all levels of government, and be heard. I would urge citizens to get involved in politics and toss out the fools who think this is a good idea.

I for one would like to see politicians stripped of their ability to own firearms / employ persons who provide protection.

Personally speaking, politicians who support this type of action should be considered a danger to the public at large, arrested, charged and prosecuted.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Just got back from the gun show here in Orlando and no one I asked about this had heard a thing about it. I guess we will have to wait for some actual confirmation...however should this be confirmed we should all be ready to stand beside our countrymen and protect our rights. Even if it isn't happening in your state yet. Once it becomes your turn who will be left to stand with you?

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
No confirmation from anyone I know, though the few people I know out there are neutral or part of the anti-gun crowd. The even have an acronym for whats going on, APPS (Armed Prohibited Persons System).

I did find several other sources that seem to confirm my original post:

www.fresnobee.com...

______beforeitsnews/u-s-politics/2013/11/black-clad-paramilitary-confiscate-guns-in-california-2454516.html

www.ammoland.com...

www.huffingtonpost.com...

www.npr.org...

www.bizpacreview.com...

edit on 1-12-2013 by jrod because: attempt to fix links

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
No problem?!?! The Peoples Republic of Califonia should not sell or allow the ownership of guns period. In a state long noted for its 'fruits' and 'nuts' all residents of the state should now be declared as mentally incompetent and all guns should be seized by the overseers masquerading as politicians. Give the now unfortunate residents of this territory masquerading as an American state one year to leave and then declare California a disaster area as between the earthquakes and the politicos it is just a matter of time which will sink California first!

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienView

You know I could care less what the residents of CA decide to legislate as long as it doesn't infringe on the rights that are supposed to be granted to all regardless of what state they reside. If CA wants to be liberal or "nutty" or opposite the rest of us well good for them I'm glad there is a place they can do that. That said they do have limits and they are layed out on a piece of hemp parchment in our capitol...which all states had to sign on to to join this union. If they want to break from the union to remove the rights of the 2nd amendment there is a process and it's their choice however I don't see it happening...but that's the only way to make what this is legal...whatever that means these days.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by AsherahoftheSea

Once again, someone speaking out of fear or ignorance. Even in the most heavily policed states, the infidels(cops) are STILL outnumbered hundreds to one. why do you suppose they all group up on ONE gun owner at a time? And as far as winning over the military not being likely, I spent 6 years in the Navy (family tradition) and 6 years in the Army post 9-11. Since my discharge I have been in the National Guard, so I think I have a fair bit of perspective on the feelings of military personnel. There are gun stores around Ft Bragg like liquor stores are around other bases. Ft. hood is the same way. They wouldn't be there if the market wasn't there. Or, if you want another point of reference, as a combat medic I can tell you this: the only people I have seen (demographically) that are pro-gun control in the military are whiny white liberal kids that thought four years in the military would get them free college and uniform derived sex appeal, and minorities that traditionally fell for the anti-gun lie by the fake democratic party.

However, I can tell you, through keeping in contact with friends in the military that the feeling amongst a growing number of minority soldiers is changing rapidly. A great many realize that they have been had. The military IS waking up to the fact that the president is a traitor to this country. Of course it is not 100%, as there are certain amounts of idiocy in any organization, no matter how well constructed or peopled. There are 1,131,920 active duty personnel as of July 31, 2013. Of those 435,858 are Army and 165,209 are Marine Corps. Of the U S Army only 15% is Infantry. That's 65,379 Combat soldiers. Go ahead and count the entire Marine Corps as a nod to "every Marine is a Rifleman first", and you have 230,588 ground troops(not counting special operations of either Navy or Air Force, because I couldn't find those numbers).

NOW, let's just assume for a moment that those numbers would follow orders to fire on their own people(even though the reports and latest internet/social media activity indicates a resounding majority of HELL NO) just for simple math's sake. Let us FURTHER assume that because of the Internet involvement and alternative media, whistleblowers, and the indications of MASSIVE firearms and ammunition purchases, as well as the full training schedules at MANY of the civilian-only tactical training schools that the same percentage of citizens as what fought against the British, nine percent, would stand up for their country. This is allowing for the softer nature of the majority of the population as opposed to the average Revolutionary war era citizen. in a country of 335,000,000 people you get 30,150,000.

Let me say those numbers again: 230,588 combat soldiers and Marines versus THIRTY MILLION ONE HUNDRED FIFTY THOUSAND CITIZENS, whom by the decentralized nature of being citizens would turn into an insurgency by default. Ask the Russians how a large traditional army works against an insurgency on their HOME GROUND, THEIR BACKYARD. Further take into account current U S Army doctrine which states that ground troops do not engage unless possessing a three to one numerical advantage.

Also to be considered is the mandate passed down by President Kennedy when he created Special Operations to the first Team Sergeants, that if the government ever turned against the people, their DUTY was to train the citizens to fight. This mandate has been passed down orally, enlisted man to enlisted man ever since. Think about the caliber of men and the dedication it takes to pass that training. Just wanting to be "billy bad ass" WON'T get you through it. NOW, consider the number of men that have gone on to civilian life, done other things. Spec ops and Airborne are a young man's game, due to the intense nature of the work, and the toll it takes on the body. A high turnover rate means a large amount of TRAINED and DEDICATED PATRIOTS among those thirty million one hundred and fifty thousand. Kennedy KNEW that there was something WRONG happening in American government, that is why he was murdered, and why he created said mandate.

Does anyone really think that for ONE INSTANT that the majority of military will fire on their own people? Well, I can answer that one: ABSOLUTELY NOT. There are not enough dhs and mercenaries in the world to prevail against over thirty million people, and I think that number is on the low side.

If the worst should happen, it should be remembered that no army in history has EVER won against an insurgency.

The numbers are on OUR side, the history is on OUR side, and the advantage of being right and just in simply desiring personal freedom is on OUR side, the home field advantage is on OUR side.

Some of us will die if we resist? SO WHAT? EVERYONE will die SOMEDAY, that is unavoidable. What is avoidable is living in despotism and slavery.

So come on, I want to hear from everyone from deluded political ideologies, or countries not born out of a Constitution and a tradition of personal freedom who looks at those numbers and still tells me that the military will crush the citizens, that we will not absolutely and overwhelmingly win.

BOOM GOES THE HAMMA.

edit on Sun01126Sun, 01 Dec 2013 18:01:12 -06000000001231SundayAmerica/Chicago by DisgruntledPatriot because: clarification

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   

jimmyx
www.bloomberg.com...

this news report says that he was recently admitted into a mental institution....so all of you alex jones fans don't care if someone has gone into mental institution, comes out, and still allowed to keep guns he had purchased?...how about a guy that went psycho that lived in your neighborhood, and he went into a looney bin...you wouldn't mind if he went home, and had all of his loaded weapons around him?

Well, this is ignorance, to be frank. The mentally ill are more likely to hurt themselves, not others. psychcentral.com...

The reality is, the mentally ill aren't a problem, in terms of violence.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by DisgruntledPatriot

Very interesting and enlightening and I agree BUT to play devils advocate for a moment, if 'they' [the enemy within] seize complete control even for a short period and decide to say declare the US Constitution null and void and institute martial law, and would then only need a relatively small group of their terrorists to disrupt the entire infrastructure of business and commerce and of course the food and water supply, not to mention communications and the internet. They could rapidly gain complete control and a starving population could not effectively resist even if well armed. Homeland Security is supposed to protect the US from external terrorists - But how about internal terrorists such as those that some believe assassinated JFK fifty years ago?

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   

jude11
reply to post by jrod

If I were a gun owner in Cali right now I would make sure I went out, found a quiet location and buried them for later use.

A Wise Man told me many moons ago that when people start burying their weapons, it's the EXACT instant they should be digging them up instead and putting them to use.

Food for thought - they don't do anything for you OR your rights while they are under ground.

If you willingly hand over your guns, property, freedoms, rights etc... what comes next to your family and Country can only be blamed on you. And IT IS coming

Peace

Burying them puts them to the same EXACT use as turning them over - no use at all.

Frankly, I am certain that NO ONE in California, New York City, Massachusetts, or Chicago has the balls to stand up for themselves under arms. That's why those places are first on the hit list. Whether anyone else in the country has the balls remains to be seen, but I'm not holding my breath.

We are, right now, in the slaughter pens. This ain't the time to be burying guns, yet too many will.

edit on 2013/12/1 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Well the wealthy that own guns in California, perhaps a gun collector, would probably launch a lawsuit, if they got a speeding ticket in there sports car and a month later the LAPD are taking all there guns. They would have a strong case too, based on the federal constitutional rights of the second amendment.

So somebody gets situational depression from something bad that happens in there life, lets say losing a child in death, so they get some medication, and later there entire gun collection is sized, really ???

How can state law override the second amendment ?

This will be challenged in the courts, and the more stupid and illogical the action of the police the bigger chance it has of being struck down.

I am not even a pro-gun person, but I see stupidity for what it is.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

Apparently this has been going on for months, so far no lawsuit and no MSM coverage. If MSM were to cover the story I'm sure it will be spun to make it sound like the police are only confiscating guns from violent felons, gang members, ect..

Here is a novel idea of how to solve the problem with California:

Divide the state into 3 pieces, North of San Fran will still be part of the US(the residents there are the most sane), the area from San Fran to LA give to the Chinese as a full payment for our debt , south of LA give back to Mexico as a good will gesture(we did kind of steal California from Mexico). We keep our military bases! The US will save a ton of money right there with no longer being burdened by the financial irresponsibility of California.

Northern California seems like the only part of the state where the majority of it's residents who do not live in lala land, they will be stoked to no longer be associated with the rest of the state. Most of Central California is full of communist wannabes so why not give them a chance to be full blown communist under Chinese rule. Southern California will be more or less the same and the US will no longer be on the hook for all those welfare benefits.

Problem solved.

I will never be POTUS

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   

crazyewok
If guns are banned then the mass shooters will likley just switch to pipe bombs or Chainsaws or what ever other weapon.

That's the thing though, for people who have decided to kill others, getting an illegal firearm is the easy part. Once guns are illegal, mass shooters will still be using guns.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by DisgruntledPatriot

With regards to the oft espoused notion 'our military will suppress the gun nutters', it is a vacant idea.

So I agree with where you are going on that one. This nonsense comes from the same crowd who are upset because we can't make Iraq or Afghanistan look like Cleveland or Palm Springs in two weeks. Yet some how, the military is supposed to overcome a nation of 300+ million. If we can't hold down Baghdad how are we supposed to hold down Texas?

Never mind the people in the military are from the US. It's their home. Their families. Never mind the oath is to support and defend the Constitution. If 'they' make the Constitution null and void (as someone posted), how does that work? I am supporting and defending what?

Personally if it ever came to that and the American people are still mooing around wondering what's up, that is the day I walk away. Total stab in the back from my 'fellow citizens'.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join