It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California Now Confiscating Legally Purchased Guns

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Oldtimer2
Funny I live in So California,my ex works for the DA'a office,there has been nothing in news or anything about this,sounds like someone making a story about an isolated incident,BS I say,prove it,and I do have weapons,several

Galvatron

I'm thinking the same thing. I have family in California. One is in the legal profession. He's a collector (as much as he can be within the law) and competitive pistol shooter, and hasn't heard or seen a thing about it. Also, there's little to nothing about any of this on any of the major firearm forums. Usually when this stuff happens, they light up like a Christmas tree with discussions on what municipal, county and state officials to contact and how to stay within the law if something has become illegal.

Read the links I posted and watch the two videos.

Also do you really think they want to broadcast this to the public so they can hide their guns? Harris already said she was working directly with Joe Biden to use this program as a NATIONAL MODEL, so I wouldn't be surprised if the Whitehouse issued a National Security Letter on media coverage of this!
edit on 3-12-2013 by 8675309jenny because: merged

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
www.thenewamerican.com...

A controversial state gun-confiscation program in California, which relies on weapons registration records to seize legal firearms from individuals deemed to be “prohibited” by politicians, is now being touted by officials, lawmakers, and anti-gun rights zealots as a potential model for a new federal scheme to disarm certain classes of citizens. While California is currently the only state with such a system in place, gun control proponents, including Democrat members of Congress, want to see similar disarmament plots nationwide — along with the government registry of weapons such a scheme would necessarily require.

www.nraila.org... for-what-it-truly-is.aspx

APPS Abuse: The Sequel – Another NRA News Video Exposes Cal-DOJ’s Firearm Confiscation Program For What It Truly Is

California’s gun seizure list has about 20,000 names on it, according to NPR. Across the country, gun grabbers have as many as 200,000 Americans targeted for being forcibly disarmed by the state.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Galvatron
reply to post by wills120

Interesting thoughts. I think the democratic party was hijacked by neo-libs about 2006 the same way the republican party was hijacked by neo-cons in 2003ish.

People have been duped into left vs right when it has always been people vs government.

I think Balkanizaiton is certainly a foreseeable outcome. I've always thought of a slightly different transformation of the US. The Roman empire wasn't crushed by marauding Germanic and Turkic tribes, when those guys invaded, the empire wasn't really an empire anymore. Many of the tribes also just wanted to be Roman. The Langobardi tribe from northern Germany basically immigrated into northern Italy in this time and adopted Latin and Roman culture. Lombardi is a state in northern Italy today. The Basically the provinces and municipalities were so fed up with the central government that they basically paid Rome lip service and did what they pleased regardless. Little kingdoms and fiefdoms part of Rome in name only. I can see something like that happening. Over the next 25-50 years, more and more states send senators and reps to DC to keep up appearances, but more or less disregard federal law and act semi or completely autonomously, much like the Roman empire acted late in it's duration. So yeah, Balkanization of a sort, but perhaps not through civil war and more or less from dismissing Washington as a source of any credible power.

I completely agree....there's plenty of parallels between the USA and the Roman Empire.

I've been scouring the Internet - CalGuns primarily and I haven't found much in the way of a smoking gun that these confiscations are indeed happening. One thing to note is that the BATFE here has shutdown "Build Parties" for 80% lowers. Not ONE person, attorney, etc. can determine why these are illegal so it appears to be more harassment at this point until someone can get it in front of a judge. One thing is for certain though, they are pushing strongly to hinder citizens access to build and own firearms.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
before burrying , you must apply a good coat of oil , vaseline or whatever to keep from rusting .

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

trex1980
before burrying , you must apply a good coat of oil , vaseline or whatever to keep from rusting .

Doesn't anyone know, you don't bury them (especially in climates that experience ground freeze). You disassemble, encase in PVC pipe, and brick them up inside a retaining wall. Smashing bricks and PVC is the same effort regardless of season, and is a lot easier to boot.

Not that I would know anything about this topic at all.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Krakatoa

trex1980

Doesn't anyone know, you don't bury them (especially in climates that experience ground freeze). You disassemble, encase in PVC pipe, and brick them up inside a retaining wall. Smashing bricks and PVC is the same effort regardless of season, and is a lot easier to boot.

Be careful. I have it on good authority that the police around here have portable large area metal detectors and helicopter MAD. If we have it, you'll probably have it soon where you live.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   

wills120

Krakatoa

trex1980

Be careful. I have it on good authority that the police around here have portable large area metal detectors and helicopter MAD. If we have it, you'll probably have it soon where you live.

So that means they can detect the metal re-bar used in each block of the bricks in the retaining wall? Wow...

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Nobody willingly turns in their guns. Anyone turning in their guns does it because they have a gun pointed at their head .

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Once the ACA kicks in, watch the connection be made between gun ownership and mental health. Read the disclaimers regarding the symptoms and side effects of medications. Nearly all note one or more types of mental effects, and most everyone takes medication of some type.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Kodybahody

I guess I'm one of the few people left who refuses meds on 90% of occasions. I do this partly because when I really really need em I want em to work as well and quickly as possible...and I hate their side effects (usually worse than the thing that ails ya) I also don't take meds a lot for the same reason I don't wash my hands so often...pick my nose when needed (politely and cleanly) and a host of other "nasty" things. It makes my immune system better than most. I will tout one recent victory among many I can remember. This one is actually new and ongoing. My girlfriend got sick...go figure. And as a result I did as well. We were sick together starting on thanksgiving. I'm almost sure it's one of the mystery severe bugs ATM, but I won't know for sure because we don't go get tests and meds unless it's dire...although she has different upbringing and genetic drawbacks than I do. Anyway we get sick and the sick lasts about 1 week and 2-3 days. I finally kick everything but the cough as well as her...but where my cough diminishes hers stays (I smoke she doesn't) and next thing I know she is at work complaining of headaches and fever again...I am just fine. :/ . So I know now it's the same bug because I never got sick again and she did and so soon after would mean she never really got better (she got antibiotics from the ER and yep you guessed it the symptom masker Prednisone) So she has now had this since thanksgiving and it's christmas...She still has a pneumonia like cough and slight other symptoms hanging on... I know I went on a rant but wow. Two different people one brought up to not abuse meds and one who absolutely need em...and look at the effect. I added the nose wiping blowing hand washy thing because I fully believe this is something that helps build and maintain a healthy immune system with constant updates on strains and germs to fight. That said I also have noticed in myself as I have had to become more reliant on grocery store food as opposed to home grown and hunted things that my initial immune response has declined as well.

I guess in short I can see and verify in my own life how something like that could and would be possible.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   

benrl
Just one of the reasons I got the hell out of Ca.

The writing is on the wall for all to see, either move, hide your guns, or surrender your rights.

The joys of Living in California...

I don't know man, us Portlandians might be right behind them. Multnomah county can be scary at times...

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Jan 2, 2014. And now Connecticut. The Constitution State

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by METACOMET

Wow. All because of letter was not dated in time. So everyone in Connecticut who did not register there so called 'prohibited' guns are now all felons. Hopefully someone with the funds to take this to a high court can challenge this.

Thanks for sharing!

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jrod

verb (infringes, infringing, infringed)

[with object]
actively break the terms of (a law, agreement, etc.):
making an unauthorized copy would infringe copyright
act so as to limit or undermine (something); encroach on:
his legal rights were being infringed

[no object]:
I wouldn’t infringe on his privacy

Is it blatenly obvious now...

Treasonous tyrannical government that needs to be removed...and they are slowly eliminating our last bastion of power of the people to fight back. At least the last that would get results...

ETA: incase you forgot the wording...

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, then-Secretary of State:[24]

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
edit on 9-1-2014 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
This is news to me. A Canadian radio host is going on the air warning Americans to not register their guns!

freepatriot.org...

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Ahh jimmyX me old adversary.Here to lose anther argument? Everyone KNOWS the effort is to input idealogues as psychiatrists ,my Psychiatrist has told me about how SHE is fighting it. However I have been informed I now must attend GROUP therapy as a result of budget so I will be MOST anxious to get back to Springs and Sheriff Terry Maketa.YOU are the minority outside enclaves of like thinkers ,we have shown you that OVER and over.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jrod

Ya know im curious...

SCOTUS ruled that New Orleans Police violated the law when they began confiscating lawful weapons during Katrina. Secondly, and maybe someone can correct me if I am wrong, but how is this not an ex-post facto law? People are going to be punished for owning items that were lawful when they first purchased them.

"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."

I keep trying to tell people hoping that more and more will realize that very thing...what good is the ammendment if the very situation it was designed to defend against isn't stood up to...and at last resort by using said right to do so. Forget hiding your guns because as soon as you start thinking like that your in the very moment you had said arms for in the first place...or at least the reason behind you having that right.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
It's another article from the Freepatriot but it's not like I'll find stories like this on CNN. Just another reason to not register our guns!

Maryland “Gun Check” Traffic Stop – Evidence a National Gun Registry Already Exists?

He asked Filippidis for his license and registration and then went back to his car. About ten minutes passed and the officer returned and asked Filippidis to exit his vehicle. The officer said, “You own a gun. Where is it?” Filippidis told the officer that his gun was at his home in his safe. Then the officer questions Mrs. Filippidis, saying, “Your husband owns a gun. Where is it?”

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join