It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Italian company to sell portable cold fusion plant deliverable next year ! Nov 28, 2013 by Bob Yirka

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   
phys.org...

Phys.org) —Italian company Energy Catalyzer (shortened to ECAT) has announced that it is right now taking preorders for its ECAT 1MW portable cold fusion plant. Founded by Italian scientist Andrea Rossi, the plant has the scientific community shaking its collective head—it's never been peer reviewed and neither Rossi nor anyone else at ECAT has ever published a single paper regarding cold fusion or describing how the plant works.

Rumors of how ECAT's plant works suggest it's little more than a simple tube that utilizes an unknown nano-sized nickel type catalyst. When hydrogen is added, heat and perhaps copper, is produced. According to ECAT, the plant does nothing more than produce heated water and/or steam. Those that purchase the plant are free to attach it to a turbine to create electricity. The plant is small—just 20x20x1 centimeters, but each unit can be stacked. The company has put 106 of the units in a shipping container and all together they make up the ECAT 1MW Plant, selling for a cost of $1.5 million to anyone that wants and can afford one

phys.org...

According to the researcher's conservative measurements and calculations, the E-Cat HT and E-Cat HT2 have energy densities of 680,000 Wh/kg and 61,000,000 Wh/kg, respectively. Even with a "blind" evaluation that probably underestimates the energy production significantly, the researchers still get a value that is an order of magnitude higher than all other conventional energy sources. Considering that gasoline has an energy density of 12,000 Wh/kg, these values are extraordinary and would blow all other energy technologies out of the water.

There have been various sightings of ECAT's technology, in 2011 for example, a select group of scientists was invited to witness a prototype in action. Reports from the demonstration suggest the prototype was able to generate 470 kw before a system fault caused the test to be stopped. That was enough apparently, for DARPA, which has reportedly already preordered one of the plants.

Well folks this may be the real deal! DARPA no doubt has it's fair share of dummies yet I doubt they would be messing with this unless they believe there is something verified to it.

This may be the big breakthrough we have all dreamed of or it could be another bunch of hype and lawsuits are soon to follow (They might follow if the E-CAT truly works, no?). Either way units will be ready to ship in 4 months which should put it around March or April of 2014. I can't wait for the follow-up and reports from end users ! This is not being reported by some checkout stand tabloid so "to me" the articles and E-CAT results are something to watch for.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Now for a negative view:
phys.org...

One of the visitors to Rossi’s lab was Steven Krivit, editor of the online magazine New Energy Times. Krivit has been following LENR news for more than 10 years, and recently published a 200-page issue devoted exclusively to examining the Rossi claim. Based on his investigation, Krivit has concluded that the Rossi group’s energy claim of extraordinarily large amounts of excess heat has no scientific support, and that he “can't help but wonder whether Rossi is pulling a scam.” Some highlights of his comprehensive report, which is freely available here, are highlighted below.

As the first post said the E-CAT has many doubters and physics fellows scratching their heads.. Is it a fraud or a big time scam ?....well next year when there are a few deliveries we should know once and for all. I am still looking at my hummm file on this but I have moved it a bit closer to the front .

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   
i wondered what happened with this potential tech, haven't really read anything on it lately but it's nice to read on the possibility's ahead. bit pricey but i think if it works, the price will go down very quickly since it would change history simultaneously.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

All very interesting of course, but I would be more interested if there was any actual proof of the claims made about this allegedly revolutionary device. I am happy to wait a year and assess its worthiness when it has actually had some time to run and power peoples homes, businesses, and infrastructure on a community wide basis.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

I hope it is true and works out for the people involved ..I would think that if its a scam the word will get out eventually but if its true I would think there would be other start up's to try and make their own versions .From what I remembered reading back when I first looked at it, it's secret was in the type of metal used in the reactor ...Reading some of the Ponds-Fleishman claims also had to do with the metallics that had to be used to re-create their experiments ... this vid was done on the conspiracy at the time www.youtube.com... time will tell ...peace

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   
elforsk.se...

Summary:
We stand on the threshold of a new era in sustainable and environmentally friendly energy supply? Is there something new around the corner that could revolutionize the way we produce heat and electricity and to power tomorrow's vehicles? There are questions now raised by area Low Energy Nuclear Reactions (LENR) is again receiving more attention. This report is an overview of the field of Low Energy Nuclear Reactions, or as it is sometimes called Cold Fusion . Apparatus and devices, which are said to be based on the LENR technology, is now showing up on some different parts of the world. The energy output from these devices is reported in some cases greatly exceed the energy supplied is needed to start and stabilize the process. If this is true - which has been questioned by many - we face the unexpected, that maybe there is a new process that far surpass conventional fuel-based energy conversion. In addition, report the devices operate without significant environmental impact. Or are the results currently reported consequences of erroneous measurements and wishful thinking spirit?

elforsk.se...
elforsk.se... I am not set up to translate this ELFORSK PDF file which evidently is a positive report during testing.. Maybe someone else can translate and see what they had to say.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Just because something hasn't been peer reviewed does not mean it does not work. I wonder what the life expectancy of this would be. I wonder if a small version at a reasonable price is available to generate a small amount of electricity, enough to run a home. What about the waste created.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

I want one! Seriously though, I look forward to hearing what transpires with this story and whether this is true or not.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Read about this amazing new tech some years ago and they were then also selling it to someone who would reliese it to puplic and we the puplic would have almost free energy in no time... Followed the news, tests etc for while but it seem to jump corner to corner, drama to drama so i stop following, good to hear about them again, im still hopeful someone somewhere somday will release something good insteed create more war machinery in the world but somehow i stil am quite skepctical if this is even possible anymore, we have all sort of lobbiest to make sure of that.
edit on 30-11-2013 by romilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Even if it was affordable for 2 or 3 homes to invest in would be a plus ...I dont think there was a waste issue from some of the things I read about it ..Would be nice if you could make it small enough to even run a car or truck ..Sooner or later someone is going to crack the energy genie and we can focus more on growing tomatoes ...

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   

727Sky
Andrea Rossi

Not this scam artist again? I just read the name and knew he was up to his old tricks again. Just search his name on Wikipedia and read some of the linked articles about this huckster. He promises big but never delivers.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Lol rossi lives.
Lets hope he can deliver, imo tho it'll fizzle out

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   

ArchAngel_X

727Sky
Andrea Rossi

Not this scam artist again? I just read the name and knew he was up to his old tricks again. Just search his name on Wikipedia and read some of the linked articles about this huckster. He promises big but never delivers.

Yep I would not have given it a second glance if the article had not said DRAPA and other companies seem to think something is there. The good news is all the name calling and doubts should be put to rest by this time next year.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   

727Sky
Yep I would not have given it a second glance if the article had not said DRAPA and other companies seem to think something is there. The good news is all the name calling and doubts should be put to rest by this time next year.
That's what people said in 2011 with the October 2011 ship date, that it would be put to rest one way or another in late 2011 or 2012. If you keep believing every delayed ship date it will never be put to rest. Blacklight power has been playing this game for decades, and some people are still waiting for the release of the Keely motor, which goes back 1.4 centuries!

I don't think DARPA looking into it carries any weight. You can also say the US Navy research department researched cold fusion for decades, before they finally shut down the project. DARPA can waste more money on failed projects in one week than most of us make in a year, but it doesn't mean they're stupid, in a way that's the nature of the R&D they do.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
pesn.com...

In the past several days, news updates and rumors about the launch of the E-Cat technology have been spreading on the internet. Some of the news has been coming from Andrea Rossi himself, who has frequently been posting on his blog, "The Journal of Nuclear Physics." In the comment sections of the blog, he has been answering many questions, and sharing bits of information about his progress on the one megawatt plant. Here are a few of the bits of information he has shared.

- The launch of the one megawatt plant is still scheduled to take place near the end of October.

- The one megawatt plant will be "mostly" self sustaining, in that for the majority of the time it will operate without any external input of power.
That was October 2011!!

I have read reports of every test and as someone who knows how to conduct a proper test I can say they are all flawed.

That Swedish paper is useless...talks in very speculative terms like: "much of what is described below have not yet been validated and accepted by the scientific community are significant question marks." which indeed has been the case since Pons and Fleischmann and in that respect the paper suggests the same "question marks" are still there.
edit on 30-11-2013 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Arbitrageur

727Sky
That's what people said in 2011 with the October 2011 ship date, that it would be put to rest one way or another in late 2011 or 2012. If you keep believing every delayed ship date it will never be put to rest. Blacklight power has been playing this game for decades, and some people are still waiting for the release of the Keely motor, which goes back 1.4 centuries!

I don't think DARPA looking into it carries any weight. You can also say the US Navy research department researched cold fusion for decades, before they finally shut down the project. DARPA can waste more money on failed projects in one week than most of us make in a year, but it doesn't mean they're stupid, in a way that's the nature of the R&D they do.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
pesn.com...

In the past several days, news updates and rumors about the launch of the E-Cat technology have been spreading on the internet. Some of the news has been coming from Andrea Rossi himself, who has frequently been posting on his blog, "The Journal of Nuclear Physics." In the comment sections of the blog, he has been answering many questions, and sharing bits of information about his progress on the one megawatt plant. Here are a few of the bits of information he has shared.

- The launch of the one megawatt plant is still scheduled to take place near the end of October.

- The one megawatt plant will be "mostly" self sustaining, in that for the majority of the time it will operate without any external input of power.
That was October 2011!!

I have read reports of every test and as someone who knows how to conduct a proper test I can say they are all flawed.

That Swedish paper is useless...talks in very speculative terms like: "much of what is described below have not yet been validated and accepted by the scientific community are significant question marks." which indeed has been the case since Pons and Fleischmann and in that respect the paper suggests the same "question marks" are still there.
edit on 30-11-2013 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

Thanks for the info. Sigh; pushes hummmm file on E-CAT back to a darker corner.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
The problem here is that if this device works as advertised, the world at large will never see or benefit from it. The tech will be stolen and the inventors jailed or murdered to maintain the status quo of everyone burning and paying for fossil fuels. Only when all fossil fuels have been used up will we receive anything like this and by then it'll have a meter attached along with a sizeabe monthly fee.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
So Rossi blocked every imaginable attempt at getting a real independent validation, slithered into public obscurity just long enough for Darpa to give him his ransom?

Hmm… kinda like when he had his magical thermocouples and sold them to the military.

If it's true, at least Darpa should be able to figure it out and put this dog to sleep once and for all. Rossi may or may not be found crossing another border with gold.

Nevermind, just old rehashed propaganda.

This keeps popping up. This is the website that Mats told me has not
changed in years. For some reason news of it is echoing around the
cybernetic continuum.

Maybe the website was renewed and it came to the attention of the bots.

I wonder whether there's a little bit of an echo chamber going on in this
particular case. That site looks quite old. When it popped back up on
Vortex recently, perhaps the blogger responsible for the phys.org article
wasn't aware of the fact that the Web site is old and thought it was
interesting news. I've seen variable quality in submissions to phys.org --
often the articles there are basically press releases written, for example,
by the university whose researchers have done the work being reported on.
(Which is not to say that phys.org isn't a good site.)

edit on 30-11-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
In other news, Rossi has been selling licenses in Germany…

If you think that you may enter into agreements with Rossi as you worded yourself then you are naive. The agreements you enter if you do business with Rossi disclaims likely him from liability and you would be treated with a wry smile from the legal system in the event of a police report. You would probably have realized myself in that position.
link

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   
It's always been out "next year". DARPA did not order one, it's a lie that he knows will get lots of orders from people who think like you are thinking.

This is a scam and Rossi has been caught in an extremely large number of lies.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   

OccamsRazor04
It's always been out "next year". DARPA did not order one, it's a lie that he knows will get lots of orders from people who think like you are thinking.

This is a scam and Rossi has been caught in an extremely large number of lies.

I stopped following Rossi after I saw the Florida debacle*. Seems like after authorities came to check out his operations (for claimed nuclear process) he double backed to Europe and set up shop in Germany.

The scam I assume has evolved into the licensing phase where he is getting customers to sign heavy NDAs and most likely putting all the onus on them if they try to sell to public/private sector.

So either he gets someone willfully ignorant to the scheme, and they go along with it up until delivery and payment, or he is looking for people who are just as shady as him who are willing to sell these things and take all the risk, while he sits behind his NDAs and probably bails if anything happens.

Mind you, I pegged this for a load of bull snip during the first swede interview. aka "demonstration". I was actually excited the first time I heard about it (before realizing his credentials were philosophy and "engineering" from a diploma mill. Made me sign up to ATS after a long hiatus.
edit on 1-12-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-12-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join