It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's looking more and more like we may live in a simulation

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I just had this crazy thought, and id be very suprised if it hasnt been mentioned on ATS at some point in time but il chuck it in here just for the sake of it.
I was thinking about the movie The Matrix a few minutes ago after reading this thread, and it got me thinking about the Wackowsi Brothers, the guys who made the film. Apparently theyre extremely private, mysterious and rarely do interviews.
I wonder why that is????????

OR, they could just be shy.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

Well, The Matrix was made using the monomyth as its skeletal structure. The monomyth formula was discovered in world religion and myth through comparative mythology, comparative religion, comparative mysticism. Its essentially the pattern of psychological development that mystics undergo, put in symbolic/mythological form.

That makes The Matrix a mystical metaphor that people are beginning to take too literally, like people always do with metaphors. That's how fanatical religions start.

edit on 4-12-2013 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueMule

Is GOD directing everything on earth?

God is sure the King but King does not direct everything even in an earthy kingdom.

Humans are free to act, and are responsible for their actions. Humans have destroyed many planets by their foolishness. The parable of a woodcutter cutting the branch on which he sits comes to mind.

The weakness of humans - greed, desires etc. get the better of him.

There is NO matrix on earth. There are people who are dominant (a group of very wealthy people) but there is no single person in control. The dominant people are very much visible (not hidden). They also make mistakes and suffer setbacks.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   

GargIndia

Do you direct every thought, process, and impulse in your mind and body?

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   

BlueMule

GargIndia

Do you direct every thought, process, and impulse in your mind and body?

If you understand the basic fact that you are "soul", then you can understand everything.

The mind and body are made of matter just like a robot is made from steel and electronics.

The soul thinks and acts - the mind is like a decoder converting signals from soul to signals that can be sent to body parts and vice-versa.

However the soul cannot be seen by human instruments as it is made of finer matter - and visible matter is coarse. So while soul exists, it is non-visible to human eye, with or without instruments.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
The problem with the simulation theory is that its a waste of time. No sane advanced civilizations would create such. Because to them, there is a lot more to see in reality.

If they could create something ´new´, a new reality, then there would be a lot more to discuss.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by radkrish

What??

Of course they would create simulations. Why do you think we create simulations today? Science uses them as a tool for research and millions of people play simulated games where they can build cities and do mundane things like watch simulations drive to a job interview.

There will be ancestor simulations and simulations very different than ours for scientific research and for entertainment.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by RP2SticksOfDynamite

'Nothing' is the key to everything.. inside 'nothing' exists every combination of existence, for without existence 'nothing' cannot exist and without existence the concept of 'nothing' cannot be realised. 'Nothing' is a sane, shallow way of expressing infinity, singularity, or reality yet to play out. Even nothing is not nothing, it becomes something by simple realisation and therefore becomes its own entity. Awareness of infinty allows it to evolve and create another layer of concious infinity, aware of its existence as a singularity and therfore reborn outside its own loop, its aware of its own cycle of reconfiguring of energy.

I like to think of this as a long cycle memory, an observation of continuing creation and rebirth, a new consciousness that can begin to understand and remember the universal ethics of what 'we' know as humanity (our cultural understanding of our most pure 'good' existence), which amplifies and charges positive energy within the universe. It feels to me that good intentions charge the environment around you, empowers people close to you and you become a positive reactor, converting energy around you into a more refined, compressed output. Negative energy can capture and hide energy behind the scenes, dig away at our life force and spread through others in the exact way positives do, but it uses more energy to convert it and remove it from your internal reactor. We extract energy from all around us, from food, light, rest, excercise, we are human reactors..

Ever see how easily a smile spreads? Or how an bs free hug can melt/meld/evaporate worries away? My point is that positive energy is by default set to multiply and spread, by a path of least resistance. And as it accumulates through the cycles of existence it powers our outer circles of consciousness, like an outside RAM memory, remembering the cycles before.

This is just a theory that already existed within the 'nothing', manifested into this infinity loop by the awareness of the possibility it exists within the combination of every idea ever thought.

My point is, if someone manifested the possibility that we could create a simulation of existence within existence, it is now possible, a fractal life within a life, that can create its own simulation of its simulation, each not constrained by our time but created within its own understanding of time, a reduced timeline to observe end to end one configuration of existence... we then by nature end back in a singularity where every combination of simulation is created in a time so compressed it exists as one eternal fractal universe existing within the very original possibility of everything that created it.

Time only exists because it can, time creates combintions of chaos, within the timeline of chaos comes memory of chaos before, spawning evolution, new ideas, previous singularity residue (an excess of converted, liberated positive energy) that evolves that particular singularity to new potentials... (just another combination).

Got waaaaay to deep there.... but I think that the key is to think as infinity as a variable creature that can develop its own growth, accept time as an enabler of experience, it plays through each and every combination of energy, because it can.. its just one other configuration..

Still waaaaay too deep again...

You may well exist in a simulation, but it is your simulation, your specific configuration of energy may only ever exist in this very moment, no matter which layer of the 'onion' you are in it remains your experience, perhaps your only experience, and therefore your reality and as valid as any other.

Right, i give up, this is basically an extension of the recycling universe, a theory i thought about when I was 14 and learned about the big bang... I was very pleased to see it on the cover of new scientist in 2008, 13 years later!

Great thread, encourages good thought

edit on 7-12-2013 by Fatmandy because: theory

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   

neoholographic
reply to post by radkrish

What??

Of course they would create simulations. Why do you think we create simulations today? Science uses them as a tool for research and millions of people play simulated games where they can build cities and do mundane things like watch simulations drive to a job interview.

There will be ancestor simulations and simulations very different than ours for scientific research and for entertainment.

Sure you can create a simulation.

However the world around us involve a huge number of people, machines and other parameters. Creating such a big simulation is a stupendous effort. It is unlikely.

However there are definitely dominant humans on earth today, who control the "trend" so to speak. These humans have the ability to affect the lives of a lot of people through their wealth and control of resources.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by neoholographic

An orderly universe =/= a simulation. What could it possibly even be simulating? Another universe?

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by On7a7higher7plane

I imagine that those "living" on the edge of thermal death would simulate a universe with an order of magnitude more abstraction and detail.

It is pretty hard to image a universe one order of magnitude less abstraction than ours, but relatively easy to image a core universe, existing with a bubble, feeding from a prime energy source (heat and light), and simulating successively more complex universes to better understand their own. I wonder how many layers down the rabbit hole we are? I imagine our simulation as somewhere close to halfway between a core "elemental" simulation and a full blown multiverse-hopping type 3 civilization....

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
The very word: Simulation implies that there is something greater than / truer than that it is imitating, hence that there is a 'god' factor.

It might as well be science saying ''yes. there is a Creator''.

dictionary.reference.com...

sim·u·la·tion [sim-yuh-ley-shuhn] Show IPA
noun
imitation or enactment, as of something anticipated or in testing.
the act or process of pretending; feigning.
an assumption or imitation of a particular appearance or form; counterfeit; sham.
Psychiatry. a conscious attempt to feign some mental or physical disorder to escape punishment or to gain a desired objective.
the representation of the behavior or characteristics of one system through the use of another system, especially a computer program designed for the purpose.

IMO there are dimensional levels that create actions and reactions in other dimensions such as Earth 3D, human reality, consciousness etc and that is perhaps the thing that is being described as a 'simulation' but it might as well be called a ''Creation''.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by litterbaux

I think we are each living in our own simulation. I think we overlap each other. I have extraordinary luck, which often leads me to believe my life is programmed with specific outcomes in mind.

This also leads me to believe that "God" is a sadist though because of the extraordinary amount of suffering I go through.

I question the ultimate purpose of the simulation. That is the biggest question we face and when we answer it we will know all.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
If we are living in a simulation all I can say is this iv'e had one hell of a ride!
I guess sometimes the bad has to come before the good.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
A previous poster made an excellent point. Every piece of input our body receives is processed through the brain. We have to be told we've burned our hand or that we see a rose. We don't just feel it or see it. It has to go through an intermediary, the mainframe (or network), before we're aware of it.

Is this not akin to a computer program? Before a computer can execute a command it must reference the hard drive, or some other input. There is a call for information or action, then the brain directs the body to perform the action or perceive the input.

Nothing happens without a call to the brain except those processes, respiration, etc., which run in the background, which points to us being networked.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   

suz62
reply to post by litterbaux

I think we are each living in our own simulation. I think we overlap each other. I have extraordinary luck, which often leads me to believe my life is programmed with specific outcomes in mind.

This also leads me to believe that "God" is a sadist though because of the extraordinary amount of suffering I go through.

I question the ultimate purpose of the simulation. That is the biggest question we face and when we answer it we will know all.

The human life is bound to three type of 'karma' or result of actions:

"sancit" (stored - from countless previous births)
"Prarabdh" (karmas selected for the current birth, based on species)
"kriyamaan" (karmas from actions of the current birth, a portion of which is seen in the current birth itself).

Some people live in unimaginable luxury and wealth despite committing horrible sins. This is due to very strong "prarabdh". However always remember that God's justice is sure and certain, and sins of this life will be faced in current, and subsequent lives.

So the simulation ("maya") is there to the extent of a natural order enforced by God, NOT by humans.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   

suz62
A previous poster made an excellent point. Every piece of input our body receives is processed through the brain. We have to be told we've burned our hand or that we see a rose. We don't just feel it or see it. It has to go through an intermediary, the mainframe (or network), before we're aware of it.

Is this not akin to a computer program? Before a computer can execute a command it must reference the hard drive, or some other input. There is a call for information or action, then the brain directs the body to perform the action or perceive the input.

Nothing happens without a call to the brain except those processes, respiration, etc., which run in the background, which points to us being networked.

Your brain is just a processor, NOT the actor.

Your soul is the actor.

Your soul feels the pain, happiness etc. Your soul thinks and takes decisions.

After death, the soul departs, and body feels no pain anymore. The brain does not do anything anymore.

People are confused as people do not understand the soul (functions of soul).

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   

GargIndia
The brain does not do anything anymore.

is that kind of like nothing? I have a hard time imagining it...

NDE's speak for themselves and predate the Greek, they have also been reported all throughout history and across all cultures and their philosophy.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   

GargIndia

Sure you can create a simulation.

However the world around us involve a huge number of people, machines and other parameters. Creating such a big simulation is a stupendous effort. It is unlikely.

Read up on "emergent gameplay" to get a sense of how this complexity may have emerged from a relatively simple set of rules/"stuff" (universal laws/primordial state/etc.).

More than likely the things you mentioned would not have been coded. One need only create/recreate/simulate an earlier state of the universe and let it play out...
edit on 12/9/2013 by AkumaStreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Its not a question of how but ´why´. We may play simulation games, do scientific research using simulation data but to expect an unknown civilization to think and act like us seems ridiculous.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join