It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's looking more and more like we may live in a simulation

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ExjKae

I just want to say that delving into these deep concepts has taught me one thing. No matter what reality we currently reside in, we must accept that as vast and creative (regardless of how good or bad) our current imagination can possibly be...everything is real. Santa Clause is real, God Almighty, Zeus, Ra and the tooth fairy are all real. Yeah they don't exist physically in our perspective of reality, but their essence and influence are just as real as they would be if they did physically exist. The sooner humanity starts respecting the worlds differences of opinions, religions and lifestyles...the sooner we can climb out of this spiritual slump and continue to progress as sentient beings.

We've all lived in chaos among one another for too long now, let's come together and unlock the secret of traversing the stars. It's out there, not only because we imagined it to be, but simply because the only way our minds could imagine something like that in the first place is if somewhere deep inside the answer to unlocking it exists. I know that might be too radical for some of you, but I stand by it. Just as life is sometimes logical and rational, it also is illogical and irrational at the same time. The same goes for our imagination, obviously summoning a demon is way more illogical than figuring out a way to manipulate wormholes for travel...but that's exactly why I stand by my point.

If something that does not exist in our reality now, but does in our imagination (especially something as sane and rational as discovering inter-stellar travel)...then logically speaking, there must be a way of making it become a reality. Otherwise our imaginations would not have taken early sci-fi concepts to such specific mediums today in the modern world. For example in Iron Man, Tony Stark is portrayed playing with seemingly futuristic computer programs, hardware and holographic software. Though the science behind it is still sound regardless, almost to the point where anyone you ask would say that technology like that is probably 10-25 years away already.

My point is that while it will take time to create such realities, but to some degree they must be possible or else we shouldn't be able to imagine them in the first place. Ask yourself, what is so bizarre that I cannot even IMAGINE it? Think for a moment, you can't right? It's impossible to think of something beyond what your imagination is capable of...your mind sees darkness, there's nothing there to imagine.

This means your brain will not allow you to imagine something beyond what is capable of being created by the laws of the universe. Let me put it this way, if I can imagine a humanoid being that can breathe fire (totally possible under the right circumstances, i mean come on all we have to do to get close is spit alcohol at a flame lol) then that means somewhere in our physical universe there must be some form of living entity that breathes fire (whether conscious or not is irrelevant).

You can apply that to any type of imagination, and you'll see the pattern of logic that I see. If anything imaginable is possible within our universal laws of nature, then so is the thought that we are all simulated intelligence. Maybe we are, and like it was stated in the beginning...if it is true, than the system itself is the most intricate because it allows us to manipulate our perception of reality so easily without causing physical unrest among humanity.

To wrap this up, I want to finish by saying that I appreciate this website so damn much...whenever I have an itch to expand my perceptions and put my thoughts into words, I can count on ATS to deliver me unto topics such as this. It all started tonight for me because of Stephen Hawking's Grand Design (on Netflix) and the topic of M-theory. I've already touched on quantum mechanics, theories and physics in the past...but M-theory really stimulated my growing interest in alternate realities, universes etc etc.

Anyway, I'm done for tonight...thanks for reading! To those who read every word of my 2 posts, know that I love you for doing so even if you don't agree with anything. The thought of you reading it all is enough for me to be happy, peace.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by HigherTruth

I've got similar ideas and you've inspired me to elaborate on yours which is also mine. I think quantum mechanics can scientifically define metaphysics. Sort of like material is categorized by frequencies, all the matter in the universe is inextricably linked which would give a further dimension to Einsteins "spooky action at a distance", where the components of matter can be here and there at the same time. It can be mathematically divided, to us this division makes it seem like there is more while in actuality there is not "more", only 1, divided into many. A tier-system of frequencies so to speak, we on Earth are operating on a very low frequency. We can affect the divided pieces existing coherently in our frequency but not those above, those which are above can change and affect their divided pieces (which are "multiples" of our pieces) without effecting us. More simply put 100,000 atoms on this frequency could be all under the "authority" of 1 atom on the next higher frequency, i.e. those 100,000 atoms are actually just 1 atom, divided. And up on goes the tier-frequency system. The root of this idea to me is string theory.

Essentially life is much larger than the observable universe would imply, while being much more simple and manageable than we could even imagine on higher frequencies where consciousness and matter likely gets more abstract.

Just ideas.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ExjKae

Can you roam around the stars?

Even speed of light is not enough for you to do that.

God has given humans imagination so yes, it is possible in dreams and make-believe.

In reality, the space travel is a highly dangerous and expensive proposition. It is more likely a one way journey, with very high likely-hood of perishing on the way.

But I like people's imagination and hotchpotch of different scientific theories. The chaos emerges from unstable minds.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by GargIndia

What Krishna said seems to be like the story of Neo:

When goodness grows weak,
When evil increases,
I make myself a body.

In every age I come back
To deliver the holy,
To destroy the sin of the sinner
To establish righteousness
(Bhagavad Gita)

It seems to tell the story of self-manifestation, of something that is not yet born, but is latent, unborn, possibly like an A.I., but not an 'agent' or a 'program', a true free agent, yet born out of a purpose :: to establish righteousness.

Could Neo be just another avatar of Krishna who comes back, when the equations are unbalanced, when the evil increases?

posted on Jan, 18 2023 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I've come across most of these individuals in my research, and it's refreshing to see this much scientific work in the mids of the hippies.

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join