It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ison: Was it hidden from us?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   

daryllyn

Do you know that NASA isn't even the hub for NEOs?

And that a good portion of their information is given to them by astronomers, professional and amateur alike, from all around the world and that the effort for tracking, cataloging and discovering NEOs is a world-wide, collaborative effort?

The information about NEOs is never even a secret to begin with and by the time an object has a calculated orbit, it is well known among the astronomical community at large, especially if it has an impact risk.

Many people already know this on ATS.

But your point is something we should look at closely.

Yes many people are involved with the information NASA gets, but what they chose to convey to the public is at their own discretion.

So basically if NASA needs to cover something up they can choose from many different sources.

We need to think outside the box here on ATS, so the fact you start saying things are "very sad" brings in a level of additional drama that does not help to "Deny Ignorance", but rather troll for emotional retorts.

Get what I am saying here?

edit on 30-11-2013 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by snypwsd

Remember the UN wants You to believe their is a "threat" being posed by NEO's (Near Earth Objects) or comets/astroids.

Why is threat in quotes?

We have plenty of evidence that we have been hit by objects before.

Also, the Russian meteorite was a chilling reminder that these things DO happen and are a very real threat.

The importance of the world-wide, collaborative effort to track, catalog, and discover NEOs should not be downplayed.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   

AlphaHawk
reply to post by 1Providence1

Why would they hide ISON from us?

Comet Lovejoy was visible on SDO when it passed by the sun and then, when the very next sun grazer comes along (ISON), they start advertising that they will have a live feed of SDO to hopefully watch the comet pass the sun in near real time, only to hide it from us.

Doesn't make ANY sense.

Fact is, it didn't show up and they were rather disappointed about it, you'd know that too if you watched the live feed.

I completely agree with you there.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

Yes many people are involved with the information NASA gets, but what they chose to convey to the public is at their own discretion.

The people providing the information ARE the public. Please explain how they could hide information from the very people that are providing it to them?

Also, the information is never secret to begin with.

As soon as any object is discovered.... that info is public. Objects are reported to the MPC so that they can be confirmed by other astronomers around the world so that the observational data can be compiled to see an object's orbit and assess the risk, if there is one.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by daryllyn

In fairness to what I think some may be thinking of, I believe there are protocols in place, if possible, to contain and suppress news of a MAJOR space based issue or threat. However, what little I've found over time which I take with any credibility, indicates those plans only intend to work long enough to confirm and be 100% sure with some preparation time to the world powers and national authorities to what comes next.

I don't think even 'TPTB' have the arrogance to believe that such news would stay quiet much longer than that. Not with gear in backyards all over the world these days which would have had Galileo crying in his beverage of choice for want of something Walmart sells as a toy today.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   

alen051
OK...go to...stereo.gsfc.nasa.gov...
Select: Ahead COR1
Start and End Dates: 20131128 / 20131129
Resolution: 1024 x 1024
Display: Slideshow
Search
Frame start: 11 / stop: 18

Just saying that I am not buying that SDO BS.....this fella should be visible..they definitely wanted to hide it from us....

Take care!
edit on 30-11-2013 by alen051 because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-11-2013 by alen051 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

hoochymama23
I watched the live feed on Google+ from beginning to end, and with the High Res feed of the Sun (amazing by the way) it didnt move one bit. Nothing moved and I sat there thinking "wouldn't something move" within that time frame?

Also, it seems after NASA finished there feed there servers went down as well and the live feeds from the Satellites went down.

It does seem strange. It almost looks the Sun was "earthed" by the comet and so all the magnetic turbulence was smoothed out. The best paradigm I can think of is the way water on a lake becomes smooth and flat when it rains.

The change in direction of the comet is just the application of Keplers law of motion.

en.wikipedia.org...'s_laws_of_planetary_motion

You can model it for yourself using nothing more than a piece of string with a weight attached at one end. Hold the string vertically and let the weight hang down. Wait for it to become stationary. That would be the state of the comet if it were at the centre of the Sun. If you take hold of the weight and pull it away from where it was, but keeping the string tight, you are modeling the gain in potential energy (energy acquired from gravitational force). Let the weight go, or even give it a little push, and it should follow an elliptical path - that's what the comet did. Potential energy pulls the comet towards the sun, but as it does so, it gains kinetic energy which moves it along the path.

Then you get Einsteins laws of relativity that states that the larger the object, the more the three-dimensional space around that object becomes "stretched", so that there is actually more distance to travel than there would be if the object didn't exist. This was observed with Mercury, and no other planets. But that is only noticable over long time periods.

physics.ucr.edu...

Then you also have a concept called eddy currents. I can't really explain those but there is a cool video that shows how a magnetic object falling past conductive materials will actually generate opposing magnetic fields:

www.youtube.com...

If the comet had a magnetic core, it would actually slow down while travelling through the photosphere as well as deflect the solar wind.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Im not trying to downplay anything. I said that because its true. research agenda 21 and the different stages of it plus look into project blue beam.

The reason why I put threats in quotations is because, If I am right, there is going to be another fabricated threat made out of this. just like terrorism or december 21 2012. Im just saying that something is being covered up. I caught on too it. I seen the sites,threads, blogs get 404'ed just when the very first post was made (on here) that Ison survived.

With you questioning that one line of mine just proves to me that you have not done enough research into agenda 21 and project blue beam.

Please go look up those two topics, after further research you will come to the same conclusion that I did.

Just keep your eyes and ears open, the truth always comes out.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

and yes I do know that the info is presented to nasa (like minded companies) by normal people.

But does that mean that what nasa releases is true?

or what if people are supplying nasa with false information?

If obama could hire teams of hackers and bloggers to have some control over things on the internet, whos to say that the government hasn't done the same thing with astronomy?

If the government can have huge spy operations, huge militaries, Huge amount of hackers/bloggers, why cant they have huge amounts of "astronomers" working for them, releasing information that is false.

Remember Agenda 21 is not just the usa..... IT IS A UNITED NATIONS AGENDA FOR THE 21ST CENTURY!

The UN is the NWO if you haven't figured that out yet.

Im sorry if this went off topic a bit, but this does fall under agenda 21 and project bluebeam, and I can not personally let this slip through the radar like it is, which is why I am reminding people that it sounds like AGENDA 21.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   

daryllyn
reply to post by Realtruth

The people providing the information ARE the public. Please explain how they could hide information from the very people that are providing it to them?

Also, the information is never secret to begin with.

As soon as any object is discovered.... that info is public.

Do you use this logic with all MSM? Doesn't make much sense to me.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by snypwsd

Personally, I believe this whole thing falls under Agenda 21 with some hints of Project Bluebeam.

Throw chemtrails in there and you have just hit the ATS trifecta.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by snypwsd

If the government can have huge spy operations, huge militaries, Huge amount of hackers/bloggers, why cant they have huge amounts of "astronomers" working for them, releasing information that is false.

And what about those not working for the government how do they suppress their findings, because killing them would just get more attention for what they found ?

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

hoochymama23
reply to post by AlphaHawk

Again, the Sun is unreal. It shows the technology we have that is available.

Maybe we didnt want someone to actually see what ISON is doing for some reason. I dont know, I think Scientists really want to share information, but in the age we live in would we want to share this with China??

Even though Russia was the first to identify this Comet do they have the tech to observe it this much??

What does them observing it do for them? How does China or Russia seeing this, comet give them an edge against us? What are they gaining? I just don't get the fear.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
youtu.be...

you got me thinking about this so I looked for additional 1 hour time-lapse videos of the sun and found the above link. It shows the sun exhibiting a mass ejection but note that the similar areas that were pointed out in this thread also show no signs of movement in a 1 hour period. If there was no mass ejection during that hour the video would have appeared frozen as well. I do find it odd that there is no sign of Ison in the video though...Where was it?

Sorry....I've seen that others have already covered this point.
edit on 30-11-2013 by Godfather1965 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   

snypwsd

and yes I do know that the info is presented to nasa (like minded companies) by normal people.

But does that mean that what nasa releases is true?

If obama could hire teams of hackers and bloggers to have some control over things on the internet, whos to say that the government hasn't done the same thing with astronomy?

We have had the means to calculate orbits since way before the government, the United States, or NASA ever existed.

You do not need NASA or any other space agency to be able to do it. If NASA released incorrect information on ISON or any other object, it wouldn't go unnoticed.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
There definitely is something really fishy going on here. If you do a youtube search on ison and sort the results by upload time you will see that there are many videos claiming that ison has disintegrated or fragmented well after it was clear that it had survived, more than 24 hours after it was apparent. They are still making the claim that it is fading or fragmenting. Why is it so necessary to convince the public that this comet could not survive the Sun's atmosphere intact? Well, if it was a dirty snowball then it should have been expected to vaporize.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Besides the heated discussions about multiple research organisations attempting to hide ISON from the world has anyone actually got any detailed images of it from 30/11/2013 onward?

There were some amazing images produced on the lead up to Perihelion but nothing since. It's quite clear that ISON has changed shape on the SOHO satellite and it's blatantly obvious that quite a substantial amount of the comet has survived but where are the images?

Cheesy where are the images mate?

(I would take some myself with my telescope and camera but TPTB have covered my area on England with constant thick layer of cloud to block it from view ahahaha).

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I''m going to throw this out there just in case it happens and you can all say "That Crzay dude on ATS said that was going to happen"...

Comet ISON (the outside rock / dust part) was a shield/barrier to protect an intergalactic spacecraft from the solar elements as it has drifted for the last few years from the general direction of Orion (where we all "know" Aliens are thought to have come from).
ISON was purposely guided near the sun, with a very irregular path; as far as comets go when whizzing though space, so that the outside layer could be stripped off and discarded; allowing the spacecraft to make its final approach toward Earth.
We have approximately 20+ days from now until this craft is at its closest to our planet and first contact with Extra Terrestrials is made (under whatever conditions they see fit).

(The Mayans got their prediction slightly wrong with 21st December 2012 - or maybe it was the fact that the number 0 wasn't in use until the Romans came along, in which case we just counted wrong. In any case the 21st-26th of December 2013 is our new goal. I think we can forgive whomever got it slightly wrong as it was still quite accurate).

I make this totally fictional guess based on the following;

- The Comets entry into our Solar-System was from the general direction of Orion.
- The Comet is now being "hidden" from us by our planetary officials so panic doesn't set it.
- The Mayans didn't use the number Zero but we do nowadays so we always had another year to count.
- I really want Aliens to come say hi!

(Please do not take this seriously and start a mass suicide cult - I am totally taking the mickey and do not hold any responsibility for anyone who ends it all over the next few days because Aliens are thought to be on their way).

Happy sky-watching.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   

crzayfool
Besides the heated discussions about multiple research organisations attempting to hide ISON from the world has anyone actually got any detailed images of it from 30/11/2013 onward?

Nobody appears to have any cameras pointing to the part of space where the comet is now. (and why would they?)

From earth, the comet can only be seen when it is some number of degrees away from the sun. Perhaps 10 degrees or so.
From the space based telescopes looking at the sun, the comet can only be seen when very close to the sun, perhaps within 1 degree or so.
But in between, nobody anywhere has a telescope looking at that blank area. We'll have to wait a few more days until ground based telescopes can pick it up again.
It was a similar situation in the days before perihelion. The telescopes on earth lost sight of it in the glare of the sun, then we had to wait a few days until the solar telescopes saw it.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   

crzayfool
it has drifted for the last few years from the general direction of Orion.

Only if you expand the definition of "general" to mean "nowhere near".
But I do like the way you used the word "fiction" several times in your post.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join