It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ison: Was it hidden from us?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   

AlphaHawk
reply to post by randyvs

Actually, no it wouldn't, it's been shown in this thread that the accusations are false.

Plus this:

www.abovetopsecret.com...
which accusations? the ones that say that stills were used with different time stamps? where was it proven false? it would be nice if you provided that

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Enough with the personal and off topic posts. Actions to follow.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   

AlphaHawk

Like I just said, Lovejoy showed up wonderfully and they were expecting the same thing to happen for ISON.

So why ISON and not Lovejoy?

Because maybe it's not a comet at all, they never actually knew what the composition of ISON was.

Just saying.
edit on 30-11-2013 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by bottleslingguy

Well dude if you can't read a couple of pages, I can't help you.

Besides, it seems that ISON has been found on SDO now, so the question in the title of this thread has been well and truly answered.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   

actually he said it was a handful of debris before he had any evidence to back up his claim.

It may still be a handful of debris nobody knows yet but he was basing his opinion on the available evidence at the time , given his history it's an opinion worth listening to .

Comet Ison, or some part of it, may have survived its encounter with the Sun, say scientists. The giant ball of ice and dust was initially declared dead when it failed to re-emerge from behind the star with the expected brightness. All that could be seen was a dull smudge in space telescope images - its nucleus and tail assumed destroyed.

This remnant of Ison could continue to brighten, or it could simply fizzle out altogether.

astrophysicist Karl Battams, who operates the US space agency-funded Sungrazing Comets Project. "It's just typical that right at the end, when we said, 'yes, it has faded out, it's died, we've lost it in the Sun', that a couple of hours later it should pop right back up again," he told BBC News. The European Space Agency (Esa), too, which had been among the first organisations to call the death of Ison, has had to re-assess the situation. A small part of the nucleus may be intact, its experts say.
www.bbc.co.uk...

Only time will tell what's left and how long it will last .

edit on 30-11-2013 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by 1Providence1

How long before NASA comes up to say what they know? The question is not if but when it will happen in my honest opinion.

Thruthseek3r

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Yeah...this is as bad as NASA blurring out pics of ruins on the moon. Standard procedure for the idiot public. I'm sure that once someone picks something up on their hi powered home telescopes, it will be whitewashed/disinformationed away. Its a shame really, but that's the way it is....big brother has to keep the "panic prone" public under control.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Realtruth

AlphaHawk

Like I just said, Lovejoy showed up wonderfully and they were expecting the same thing to happen for ISON.

So why ISON and not Lovejoy?

Because maybe it's not a comet at all, they never actually knew what the composition of ISON was.

Just saying.
edit on 30-11-2013 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

Exactly. And now it has been reported that it has changed course... again.

I still say its a probe. On that thought it should be much cleaner now that the sun burned off all the space debris.

Worse case scenario...

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Volund

And now it has been reported that it has changed course... again.

It has... Again?

Didn't know it changed course once!

Who reported this?

Random YouTube guy with no clue about what he's looking at?

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Logman
So why is NASA holding back information and spreading disinformation? What's the point, what's the gameplan?

That's about my question too. I need to see a motive and reason why one of the more under-funded and staffed agencies we have would play silly games like this and risk losing a good part of what's left of their life blood by public outrage.

I mean, doesn't there have to be some gain involved before massive deceptions are worth doing? It almost sounds at times like folks have come to believe they go through the trouble, costs and risks of covering things up ...just for amusement. Since there appears no benefit either way.

ISON was never coming remotely close to Earth. 40 million miles at closest pass...roughly. It came within 1/4 of that distance to Mars on it's way in and nothing untoward happened. Nothing weird.. Mars is still there and nothing got hurt when it came much much closer...and prior to the sun taking a good % of what started pretty small to begin with.

Err.. Sorry folks... The show that never really was going to be more than light in the sky..seems to have been called for even that much.
Damn Sun strikes again.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   

AlphaHawk

Well dude if you can't read a couple of pages, I can't help you.

Besides, it seems that ISON has been found on SDO now, so the question in the title of this thread has been well and truly answered.

you're talking about one frame, hardly well and truly. still doesn't explain why you don't see the most interesting part of the whole thing during perihelion. I know people are saying it may be because Ison's core is made up of something other than ice and rock but that begs the question of how big it would have to be in order to throw off that much debris of one kind and then switch to what was closer to the core. And what is with this delta or triangular shape?

(post by Senduko removed for a manners violation)

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Gortex stop sticking up for Him lol

dontcha wonder what He thinks about it now? I wonder what He thinks about the lack of SDO footage and maybe He can answer why there would be advancing time stamps on the still footage.

Oh I miss His opinion

Him is a reference to no one in particular

edit on 30-11-2013 by bottleslingguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   

AlphaHawk
reply to post by Volund

And now it has been reported that it has changed course... again.

It has... Again?

Didn't know it changed course once!

Who reported this?

Random YouTube guy with no clue about what he's looking at?

I don't get d00m pr0n from youtube and ATS has taught me about the other sites. ATS has at least one thread on ISON course change, I don't know how that went but it is in the search. I did pull this gem off the interwebs though... it isn't mine. Someone should verify this, maybe you, I just provide what I read and have no obligation to prove anything. But you know I will, just give me some time...

edit on 30-11-2013 by Volund because: play nice

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Volund

Exactly. And now it has been reported that it has changed course... again.

Can you please provide a source for this? Thanks.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

it's called plausible deniability for NASA

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join