It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Helicopter Crashes into Glasgow Pub

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by beansidhe

Thanks Beans, that was much appreciated.

I must admit I am sitting here, open mouthed, disbelieving of some of the insensitive, ignorant and racist bile that has surfaced as so-called "posts" within this thread.

If anyone else feels offended or upset by any posts - please don't enter into a slanging match with the poster, as it derails and lowers the whole tone of the thread.
Please use the ALERT button to let the mods know, and then they can do their stuff.

Just to make this absolutely clear - Several people are dead. And, it could easily have been me.
Many others have been injured and/or terribly shaken by this tragic event.

Please, please show some sensitivity and respect.

Beansidhe - Thanks, you (and a couple of others here) have helped to restore some of my faith in us as a species.

peace
G

PS - Just read Davy's post that 8 are now confirmed dead.
There are at least 14 others "very seriously injured" and still being treated.
Glasgow has cancelled its St.Andrews Day celebration too.
edit on 30-11-2013 by Gordi The Drummer because: To add a PS

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Gordi The Drummer

Agree 100% with what you said m8.
As soon as I hear anything else, will post it here. Must have been hellish for all involved....

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Very sad to hear ,that something like this has happened,my heart and my thoughts are with those in suffering.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I just wanted to nip in here and offer my deepest sympathies to any members who have been affected by this crash, from those who may have lost people, or had friends and family injured in the incident, to those who are simply in shock at the catastrophic obliteration of the cultural centre that the pub in question represents. Me and mine are thinking of you and yours.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   

TrueBrit
I just wanted to nip in here and offer my deepest sympathies to any members who have been affected by this crash, from those who may have lost people, or had friends and family injured in the incident, to those who are simply in shock at the catastrophic obliteration of the cultural centre that the pub in question represents. Me and mine are thinking of you and yours.

Seconded. My Fiancee used to drink there and her Aunt lives a few hundred yards away. Like many people, Shes hoping she doesn't know anyone affected.

This may be a Conspiracy site but that doesn't mean deadheads can rant when "Human Lives" are involved.

Respect to those who rallied to help and the Emergency Services.

Our thoughts are with those affected by this.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

crazyewok
reply to post by Loopdaloop

You have your tin foil hat on too tight, I think its constricting the blood flow to your brain

edit on 30-11-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

Freeborn
reply to post by Kinetik

The fact that you seem unable to recognise that speaks absolute volumes about you.

There is no need to degenerate to personal insults.
This website is called abovetopsecret and the purpose of it is to debate current affairs.
The mod has already posted about civility and decorum in this forum.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
thoughts and prayers to those families who lost a loved one in this tragic accident and shame on those posters who seem to lack compassion for their fellow human beings regardless of where they are from.

l mean talking about using English tax payers money(tho Scotland is still part of UK as far as i,m aware so isn,t it still British tax payers money?) when people have just died,what is that all about?

its people like that which causes frictions between the home nations,if we didn,t have people like that then the united kingdom would be more united.

edit on 2013 by sparky31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
So what is the theory at the moment for the cause of the crash?
I always thought that if the engine fails on a helicopter in most circumstances they can still be landed safely but if the main rotor fails or is damaged they drop like a stone. From what the eye witness described on the news it sounds more like the helicopter just dropped out of the sky which would suggest some kind of damage or failure to the main rotor.

Cant find footage of a real main rotor failure but this video of an R/C helicopter shows what happens when a main rotor fails.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

brianporter
So what is the theory at the moment for the cause of the crash?
I always thought that if the engine fails on a helicopter in most circumstances they can still be landed safely but if the main rotor fails or is damaged they drop like a stone. From what the eye witness described on the news it sounds more like the helicopter just dropped out of the sky which would suggest some kind of damage or failure to the main rotor.

Cant find footage of a real main rotor failure but this video of an R/C helicopter shows what happens when a main rotor fails.
www.youtube.com...

Hi Brian,
The last TV report that I saw had an aviation expert best-guessing what could have gone wrong.
They think that the rotors were not turning when the helo crashed, suggesting perhaps gearbox / transmission failure. This was mainly due to eyewitness testimony - that the "rotors weren't turning, it dropped like a stone", and the "undamaged" rotor still being visible - sticking up out of the roof. (If the rotors were still spinning they would have sheared on impact).
It is maybe not a good idea to speculate too much on this yet, but that opinion was on local TV earlier, so I thought that it would be ok to share.
regards
G

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
condolences to anyone affected by this, my thoughts go out to the families and friends of the people who sadly lost their lives,

also some quick thinking by the pilot to dump the fuel, he no doubt saved a lot of lives

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by brianporter

Too early to say is what is being told although some sort of black box in the helicopter should reveal,what went wrong. Still some bodies in the pub to be removed yet.
Found this:

THIRD SCOTTISH POLICE HELICOPTER TO CRASH IN 23 YEARS Last night's crash is the third involving a police helicopter in Scotland in a little over two decades. The last incident involving a Police Scotland helicopter happened in February 2002 when two officers and a civilian pilot miraculously survived after their aircraft crashed in farmer's fields near the village of Muirkirk, East Ayrshire. The Eurocopter EC-135, similar to that which crashed in Glasgow last night, came down while searching woodland following reports that a child's cry had been heard. In 1990, Sergeant Malcolm Herd died when a Bell Jet 206 helicopter crashed in bad weather at Eastwood Toll, East Renfrewshire, on the south side of Glasgow. The Strathclyde Police helicopter he was travelling in hit the side of a block of flats and fell to the ground when it got caught in a snowstorm. Last night's crash leaves Police Scotland without a force helicopter. The aircraft involved was a twin-engined Eurocopter EC135 T2, a model which has been flying since 1996. More than 1,000 have so far been manufactured. They are widely used by police and ambulance services and for executive transport. The T2 is a replacement for the T1 and went into production in August 2002. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by JamboD

They don't know for a fact whether the pilot did dump the fuel as the tank is reinforced to prevent leakage in such a crash these days as that was one of the most causes of death and destruction in past crashes, so the have taken measures to stop that happening according to a pilot who they were talking to on TV .

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by scotsdavy1

ah right, my bad, haven't been keeping up with the news and just skimmed over this thread before posting, apologies

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
So is there no chance for conspiracy here? No one seems to be discussing it so I assume we all think its real. Scotland does have a history of faking crashes - Pan Am Flight 103 and the '94 Royal Air Force helicopter crash. CNN chose to front page the story so we might as well bring it up as this is a conspiracy website. Maybe the police went straight from the pub to the helicopter without a designated pilot?

(post by scotsdavy1 removed for a manners violation)
(post by weemadmental removed for a manners violation)

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by revolutionaryawareness

No, also, show links where it is all faked so that we all know the truth....
edit on 30-11-2013 by scotsdavy1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   

revolutionaryawareness
So is there no chance for conspiracy here? No one seems to be discussing it so I assume we all think its real. Scotland does have a history of faking crashes - Pan Am Flight 103 and the '94 Royal Air Force helicopter crash. CNN chose to front page the story so we might as well bring it up as this is a conspiracy website. Maybe the police went straight from the pub to the helicopter without a designated pilot?

I agree totally, Scotland does have that history.
Within the week that Scotland released its white paper on independence,
On St Andrew's day of all days, Alex Salmond gets the opportunity to give a statesman like speech that was relayed on each news item throughout the whole day. I bet he is all over the papers tomorrow as well.

It was only last week that the covert Military Reaction Force came forward and said
"Hey, yes everyone denied we existed, but we did exist and did carry out secret operations on irish soil"

It was a 'police' helicopter as well and I bet they have lots of policies and procedures they follow before even taking a helicopter out, so it is very convenient that it occurred today of all days!

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Loopdaloop

CNN's current headline of the story is: At least 8 dead, but a 'miracle' more not killed.

What are they hinting at, by puting miracle in quotations? I know this is a very religious day but cmon. This is far from a miracle and I know CNN is not religious. There is an agenda at play here. Its either an anti-religious campaign by turning a saints day into a day of mourning, or a political agenda stated by Loopdaloop. Either way if anything fishy turns up about the helicopter crash, conspiracy theorists should be all over it. If its due to crappy scottish helicopter parts or a drunk pilot then R.I.P to the victims.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join