It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

13 year old girls try to poison classmates!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I have heard of school grudges but this "takes the cake".The two girls have been charged with several charges, among them attempted murder.

MARIETTA, Georgia (AP) -- Two seventh-grade girls were arrested on charges that they served poisoned cake at their middle school cafeteria to about a dozen students who became ill and had to be taken to the hospital.

Lawyers for the girls said the cake was a prank, and that they had no intention to harm anyone. Lab tests showed the icing on the cornbread cake contained an expired prescription drug, bleach, clay and Tabasco sauce.

www.cnn.com...

The 13-year-old girls appeared Wednesday before a juvenile court judge who refused their attorneys' request to allow them to go home. The judge will reconsider the request on Friday.

Police said one of the teens was charged with 12 counts of aggravated assault with intent to commit murder, among other charges. The other girl was charged with the same 12 aggravated assault charges.

What would posses these girls to do something like this? Then think they could get away with it? I know that teenagers are not always rational, but this case is exteme!

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Damn...I remember kids being harsh in middle school but this story takes it to a whole other level...

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I don't know about calling it a prank....

By 12 the girls should be aware of the dangers of ingesting bleach as well as unprescribed prescription drugs. yet claim they never had any intentions of harming anyone? Did they think it's be a delicious treat or something, and that no one would be affected?

Did they eat any? No? Why not? Because I'm quite sure they know bleach is poisonous.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by jeeze louise

What would posses these girls to do something like this? Then think they could get away with it? I know that teenagers are not always rational, but this case is exteme!

I can tell you what possessed them. Lack of parenting. I guarantee that if thier parents were allowed to spank thier kids while they were growing up, thoughts like this may have entered thier head, but the minute they did, the realization of consiquences enter thier heads as well.

Do I poison my school mates? Oh crap, if I do that, my dad will whip my arse!

You can blame this on the part of society that thinks gentle parenting all the time is good parenting. You can be a great parent and still discipline your kids. I know I do when necessary.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kidfinger

I can tell you what possessed them. Lack of parenting. I guarantee that if thier parents were allowed to spank thier kids while they were growing up, thoughts like this may have entered thier head, but the minute they did, the realization of consiquences enter thier heads as well.

Whether or not they were spanked would not have made a difference.

These girls were 13...spanking a 13 year old girl would be a bit weird no?

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I don't understand either... These girls weren't married to men who had life insurance or anything, like the women I see on the discovery health channel poisoning their husbands for their insurance money... sick sick sick....

And these girls got this idea from somewhere....

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Denial, denial, denial.

America has some really twisted and sick ideas about death--that it's temporary, that it should not be witnessed by children.

The girls have been brought up on TV, where anybody who gets hurt or killed just bounces right back in the next sequence.

Also, in American society, nobody ever sees a dead body. Most children have absolutely no concrete idea what death is because a dead body is whisked away instantly, and is not left for people to grieve over in the person's natural environment.

I'm sure these girls were not taken to the hospital where the other students WERE taken, to have to witness to the suffering they had caused. Of course not. Law enforcement doesn't see itself as providing natural consequences for crimes--requiring the assailant to witness the suffering they caused.

They're in denial too.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lecky

Originally posted by Kidfinger

Whether or not they were spanked would not have made a difference.

These girls were 13...spanking a 13 year old girl would be a bit weird no?

Not at 13, no it would not make a difference. If the parents had disciplined thos punk girls when they were young and making mistakes, it would have made a world of difference. I have a 6 year old girl. I have had to spank her 4 times in 6 years. She is one of the most well behave children I have ever seen when we are out somewhere. If she goes to the babysitters, I always get gushing compliments when I pick her up. She uses "yes and no mam/sir". Her manners are impeccable, and she is happy. I KNOW discipline works because I use it, and my father used it as well.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I am wondering about motive also. If it is more then a prank. But I dont know, did they have a reason to want to harm 12 others in the class? I dont know if it really is atempted murder just yet, but little doubt that is the out come if it was intended or not.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 10:12 AM
link   
sounds to me that this girls need to pick out there on switches and let ther dads deal with this one because thats just plan evil.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 10:27 AM
link   
damn kids back in the day a father could get drunk and beat some damn sense into their little demons! now-a-days you have to "talk" to your kids and "treat them nicely" and "respect their privacy". respect didnt make this damn nation great; guns, money, intolerance, corruptoin, whores ,boot-legging, and piracy made this country the superpower it is today and im damn proud of it! (in case you didnt relize im being sarcastec)

top topics

join