It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Friday Death Count

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   

NihilistSanta

Kind of like when you folks trample each other to death at soccer stadiums?

Yup animals them too.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   

edit on 29-11-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by NihilistSanta

For your viewing pleasure, or horror, how ever you view it.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Black Friday has been around for awhile, the only reason anyone here is talking about it is because the media has been blasting it for the past month. Ooooh you guys are soooo underground.

As I'm writing this most of any crazyness is over and there's still lots of bargains out there. I've bought lots of stuff on Black Friday with no problems. Some of the things some people would never be able to afford any other day of the year.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Someone did something similar to this last year minus the Santa suit, and posted it on ATS.

Many Kuddos to them.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Black Friday...

"Because only in America, people trample over each other for sales exactly one day after being thankful for what they already have."

Saw this online, thought it was a appropriate for this thread

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Excellent vid Wrabbit. Unfortunately people are immune to this stuff these days. You cant shame people that have no dignity.

This might be a bit off topic but stuff like this always makes me think of an episode of Little House on the Prairie. It was a Christmas episode and the guy with the beard who was the family friend comes through a snow storm or some such and brings the children like a tin mug and a candy cane. Those kids were so happy. Granted it is television but just the idea illustrating how far consumerism has come in destroying values. Imagine today if a kid received gifts like that he would probably throw a tantrum and report the parents for abuse after setting up a PayPal to receive donations.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   

SasquatchHunter
Black Friday has been around for awhile, the only reason anyone here is talking about it is because the media has been blasting it for the past month. Ooooh you guys are soooo underground.

As I'm writing this most of any crazyness is over and there's still lots of bargains out there. I've bought lots of stuff on Black Friday with no problems. Some of the things some people would never be able to afford any other day of the year.

I am sorry but you are flat out wrong. For the past 4 years that I have been on ATS I have seen these threads, and the best deals ARE NOT on black friday!

A printer I bought over the summer for $19.99 is being advertised for $27 as an incredible black friday deal today. I guarantee if I were to track most of the items prices throughout the years i could find them much cheaper at other times of the year.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

I only went one year to go shopping on black friday, the reason was there was many crowds, and sales are not worth waiting hours for... don't care what they are.

But one year, at target or kmart or somewhere when my son was 2 years old there was a sale, it was a little wooden rocking horse for about 25.00, which was a good price and we thought it would be nice for him...

so we waited til the store opened and then went after the initial crowd got inside. Figured if it was still there we would buy it, if not then oh well...

We went in and there were so many people there, and everyone was terribly rude... this was in the mid to late 80's .. when we found the rocking horse there was one left, so we put it in the cart, and my mother wanted to look at things since we were there... I went off looking too and she had the cart... she turned to look at something with her hand still on the cart and someone took the rocking horse out of the cart...

I have never again after this shopped on a black friday again... the way people behave is absolutely ridiculous! I am sure it has only gotten worse with time since the behavior of humans has done nothing but degrade in the last 25 years!

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

calstorm

SasquatchHunter

I am sorry but you are flat out wrong. For the past 4 years that I have been on ATS I have seen these threads, and the best deals ARE NOT on black friday!

A printer I bought over the summer for $19.99 is being advertised for $27 as an incredible black friday deal today. I guarantee if I were to track most of the items prices throughout the years i could find them much cheaper at other times of the year.

Really I think you're flat out wrong. Your talking about some alleged $20 printer. I bought $3,000 T.V. for $1,500. I've bought tablets for $100 off what they normally are. I've bought washers and dryers and refrigerators for half off what they normally are.

I can produce proof of tons of products that are on sale for a huge discount. I doubt you can produce much proof at all.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Xquizit

You mean this?

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

luciddream
reply to post by Xquizit

You mean this?

Shssssh this is the same country that claimed "All men are created equal" while they brought and sold blacks and worked and beat them to death.

edit on 29-11-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Some children i know abroad would call our smallest plate of thanks giving dinner a heaven send. Most will never see a meal that good. Greed and materialism has created a nation of pathetic losers. Every other day someone complains their SNAP is being cut again instead of thanking god we live in a country that tries to provide for the under privileged.

Its pathetic that a person buying necessities cannot go out on black Friday for fear of being trampled by some loser. I would love to see the day the retailers fail on a black Friday where no one showed up, but instead realized what Christmas is about whether your a christian or not it is a time of celebration. Whether is be for our lord or our family or humanity.

The true spirit of giving has nothing to do with self gratification, but an action of free will and generosity. The seed of anything attained in the conduct of black Friday has nothing to do with giving, but everything to do with taking.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Thank you for this thread.

Looking at earlier threads and the complete insanity of most of the footage caught on video, my morbid curiosity got to me. There must be people dying here.

I don't understand this ritual of "there is something 50% off, I must have it." It's not like they NEED it. For example in one clip I saw people fighting over some sort of kitchen appliance. I think it was a slap-chop of some sort. As Vince would say: Sham WOW!

People dying because they want to save an insignificant amount of money.

Sadly, my morbid curiosity is fulfilled.

Just clicked the link, no deaths this year. We're becoming more civilized! Or lucky...
edit on 29-11-2013 by UFO1414 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

So the day after giving thanks for what we already have, people are willing to kill one another to get more? And forum participants have the gall to say we're not animals.
edit on 29-11-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I used to go "shopping" on Black Friday...I would hit Wally World's Massive Shop of Monstrosities, grab a cart, fill it with every big sale item I could find and just meander around and watch people argue, come to blows, or push children down to get at the merchandise.
Once I even "sold" the items to strangers. Fun times.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

crazyewok

luciddream
You Americans are crazy....God damn!

Like excited animals.

Barbaric.

Was ashamed to see it in the UK for the first time at Asda, owned by Wallmart. We don't even have the Thanks giving bit. No deaths, but fighting.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Anyone watching the southpark "trilogy" of black friday? Amusing as hell. We see this two times a year. Once for black friday, and again when a new apple product releases.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
So let's see. 4 deaths and 75 injuries, half of which are from pepper spray... In the past 7 years where hundreds of millions of people get out and shop every year. If you say 100,000,000 shoppers every year which is probably far less than actual shoppers 4 deaths out of 700,000,000 million doesn't seem scary or excessive. More people have been eatin by killer whales. All it takes is a couple of Walmart in da hood videos for you guys. Lol... Some of you titbags are laughable.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SasquatchHunter

Good point. This really seems like class warfare. "Oh look at the plebs arguing over trinkets and getting violent. There ought to be a law...."

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join