It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Royal secret

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   

If a degree in Masonry is a single lecture or, as we might say, presentation, then the student cannot be expected to learn the contents of the lesson merely by observing it. There must be work to be done besides passive observation. Each degree instructs us to do certain things, to alter or adjust our behavior, to examine ourselves and our behavior. Each degree may also contain esoteric lessons that are not spoken out in plain words. These lessons are presented in symbols that invite the pupil to investigate deeper concepts. The “Royal Secret” is, after all, the culminating concept to be learned. Yet, in the Scottish degrees the candidate is led to believe he is receiving the “secret” several times before the 32°.

weeklyowl.com...

Lets imagine for a moment that you had a secret which you desired to be passed on to worthy persons yet to be unavailable to unworthy persons, how would you go about propagating it for future generations?

You have only two options really:

1 you seek out a worthy student (s), you thoroughly test his character and only if he is found to be good hearted and high moral fiber you initiate him into the said mystery. This is the method used mostly in Asia in which a guru imparts his secrets to his best student.

2 You write a play (a story) in which the secret is concealed. This can either be in the form of a text which is available to all to study eg alchemical traces or you restrict it to an audience. The Eleusinian Mysteries of ancient Greece were presented in dramatic plays in which the perspective initiate watches the drama unfold. It is like being present in a lecture, some students will get it, some students will get fragments and the teaching will fly completely over the heads of other students. This method has become the standard in western secret society's.

There is and was always was a belief among alchemists that the worthy will understand whilst the unworthy will be left in a sea of confusion. The alchemist says "if god enlightens you to understand our secret, then keep your tongue about it lest hardship shall come your way"

What is the "royal art"? The royal art is another name for Alchemy, therefore being in possession of the "royal secret" would make one privy to the secrets of the grand grand arcanum.

If these mystery plays however become mutilated over the passage of time it changes their meaning and it can result in the "secret" behind the play being unrecoverable even by the smartest student.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

Then you have your Royal Doctor, Terrence McKenna, taking people who have enough of the "gotta-know-stuff" gene to listen to someone talk for almost five hours on one topic, thus taking one of the ultimate educational trips about the Royal and Ancient science of alchemy.

edit on 29-11-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Narcissistic behavior by a GROUP!.. thinking some are "worthy" of a secret..

Why not spill the beans to everyone?

this is a group for those TOO WEAK to stand on their own 2 feet..

No different than a bunch of coward thugs who form a street gang,... oh yeah it IS different.

the street gang at least has dudes that aren't physically weak

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   

HanzHenry

No different than a bunch of coward thugs who form a street gang,... oh yeah it IS different.

'cause the beans don't mix well with stuff on da ground, casting pearls before swine and other Jesus stuff, and den da enlightened weak thugs eagerly form into dere street gang dere, and start ta tuff it out with the unenlightened, taking dere wallets and making dem cry for theirs uncles. One guy, Joey No-Thumbs, a third-gen street yogi, forcibly twists da limbs of da everyman until dey form da yogi pretzel or hindi jumprope or something in-between, as da rest of his guys keep a look out for da fuzz and dere dillydallying companions, da paparrotzi, all set ta give dem what's for too. Den dey all collapse from dere weakness dere, and rest up until da next round of jollywhomping.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by HanzHenry

As he ^ said!

Pearls are not to be cast among swine, and today the world is experiencing swine flue!

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   

HanzHenry

I used to think the same way. But then all people are not equal and sadder still ALL people do not respect the sanctity of life or have value of their possessions let alone those of others. They are greedy, self-centered and egotistical to the point I would never trust my life with them.

I used to think all secrets were not worth keeping, but the sum of humanity has taught me differently.
edit on 29-11-2013 by abeverage because: of my ego...

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   

HanzHenry

No it isn't. Some, if not most people in the world are simply "not ready" for certain types of understanding.

What if one of the truths was that there IS no God, no afterlife, no heaven and that you simply die and that's it? What if that was a genuine truth that had evidence and proof behind it? How do you think the most of the world would react if that was dumped on them?

I'm not saying that IS a truth - I'm just choosing a point that, if true, would cause the vast majority to panic.

And.. "street gangs" is your analogy?? A gang is one of the weakest forms of human association! Strength only in numbers and the security of violence masked in anonymity through a mob mentality. Yeh - really "tough" there.. Bunch a p*ssies.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   

If I sat down to tell you everything I know, you would walk away in boredom long before I finished. The things you learn when you go looking for them are truly learned. You wanted to learn them, You were ready to learn them.

Freemasonry offers nothing that isn't already in some other place. And freemasonry isn't the only place to learn these things.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

As a suggestion - I'd leave your "social media" type of speak to Facebook and Twitter.

I completely abandoned reading your post after the first sentence and assumed you to be an uneducated, middle school drop out.

Sorry, but that's the truth.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Good point.

I find Freemasonry to be a "helper" in my worldly learnings - not the "answer" to the universe or something that imparts magical teachings or secret insights into reality.

Lots of stories and parables used to help explain how things are. But i do thoroughly enjoy it, if not for the comradely aspect of it.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   

abeverage

I used to think the same way. But then all people are not equal and sadder still ALL people do not respect the sanctity of life or have value of their possessions let alone those of others. They are greedy, self-centered and egotistical to the point I would never trust my life with them.

I used to think all secrets were not worth keeping, but the sum of humanity has taught me differently.

Exactly, you only need to watch the News or better still go out for an evening in town and just watch the behavior of others!

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

If these mystery plays however become mutilated over the passage of time it changes their meaning and it can result in the "secret" behind the play being unrecoverable even by the smartest student.

"Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall,
Humpty Dumpty had a great fall.
All the king's horses and all the king's men
Couldn't put Humpty together again."
en.wikipedia.org...

So true, so very true. And is exactly the same with the written word as well. The message can degrade and decay over time, until one day we all worship a symbol of torture.

This decay of the message can only be attributable to just a few reasons. Ignorance, or, intention.

When it comes to the "Royal Secret" I lean towards intent. In other words, if you have a "Secret" you never intend to be shared you would share a fictional secret ( mystery plays), but knowing what will happen over time, your secret will be safe forever.

I suggest the "Plays" real intention is to cover a truth, not share it.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   

LUXUS

As he ^ said!

Pearls are not to be cast among swine, and today the world is experiencing swine flue!

Narcissism at it's BEST.. Masons no doubt.

Who determines the "swine" and who claims to have "pearls".

must have FLEW WAY OVER YOUR HEAD... care for the definition of Narcissism?

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

noonebutme
reply to post by Aleister

As a suggestion - I'd leave your "social media" type of speak to Facebook and Twitter.

I completely abandoned reading your post after the first sentence and assumed you to be an uneducated, middle school drop out.

Sorry, but that's the truth.

Thank you, sir, you may be correct on all counts, although I've never been on social media, I was playing an uneducated, middle school dropout who knew some stuff (please read the post I was answering and you may get the idea), and you say you didn't go past the first sentence, so you didn't read my post! I read yours though. Therein lies the tale.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

C'mon, you've got to admit your first post was pretty insulting. When those kind of baseless insults fly, that leaves the playing field open to play for a post or so, yes?

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
and all the world is a stage as they say mr bacon so lets us have some music and some mirth and play on .

and on

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

As i comprehend it, and i could be very wrong..alchemy, while broadly thought of as the practice of medieval metalurgists and chemists attempting to convert base metals (Pb primarily) into gold, is totally wrong.

From what i've read over the years, alchemy had nothing to do with transmuting lead into gold, but more to do with searching for the means, either through chemical manipulation or through esoteric principles, to obtain what is popularly known as 'the elixir of life', otherwise known as 'monoatomic gold' or powdered 'white gold'.

This was derived from metalic gold, as one would expect, but according to ancient texts from Egypt and elsewhere, enabled the unlocking of various human abilities and sustain the body in terms of greater longevity, health and mental acuity, not least of which was enabling the abilities we today would call Psi, or psychic abilities.

If this is true, i don't know..it's only what i've read over the years.

But that is what i know, accurate or not, about the real nature of historical alchemaic practices...not lead into gold, but rather gold into monoatomic white gold powder for ingestion to enable lifespan extention and acute mental abilities.

I can appreciate the secrecy aspects to this kind of knowledge, although i feel if most people had access to some of the realities and truths surrounding ancient esoteric knowledge, simply being in possession of such knowledge would in itself negate the initial requirements for secrecy.

edit on 29-11-2013 by MysterX because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   

HanzHenry

LUXUS

As he ^ said!

Narcissism at it's BEST.. Masons no doubt.

Who determines the "swine" and who claims to have "pearls".

must have FLEW WAY OVER YOUR HEAD... care for the definition of Narcissism?

The secrets are yours if you can reach them, if not, well too bad

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

The alchemist always says "our gold is not your gold" also "our lead is not your lead" also "our fire is not your fire" this said nobody takes notice and they affirm the alchemists were interested in Ag, Pb, Hg, Au etc

The goal of the alchemist is the aurum potabile, the quintessence.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by noonebutme

I am a Freemason, and I also view freemasonry as a "gateway" to the deeper truths, and knowledge.

As far as casting the pearls before the swine, amen. Many people seem to have no interest in the deeper mysteries. They seem to be content with mundane things. Things that do not require thinking. They enjoy being told what to believe, who to believe etc. One could shout their "truth" from the rooftops and only a few would pay attention. Sadly many people seem to be ignorant and willfully so.

I am of the opinion that willful ignorance is the greatest sin.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join