It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walmart shoppers going crazy!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 03:31 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

I ordered a gun safe yesterday from Walmart to be shipped to my door for free. Got online to check out the news this morning and watched these people fighting over ....... stuff! That's my stuff dammit outta my way! Can't survive without my stuff! Smack! I think this man had to rush in to help his woman.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by SPYvsSPY

People are insane and materialistic. I can't even think of anything Wal-Mart has that I want for Christmas.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   

I went to my local Walmart for their 6pm Black Friday. (I was only looking for a PS4, no luck there but got it at Gamestop after waiting for an hour in the cold). Overall, nothing really extreme happened at my Wallyworld. A few people slightly hit eachothers carts, but that's about it. Saw some people flipping through merchandise like a maniac, but no fights or anything.

ETA - I also tried Target at their 8pm opening for the PS4, but they didn't have it. Saw basically the same as my local Wallyworld. (The Gamestop midnight opening was very organized and went smooth, except it took an hour after opening to pay for my PS4)

edit on 29-11-2013 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   
People of Walmart ...

whatever they're doing there, never fails to shock.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Whenever my lack of faith in humanity is waning the Black Friday stupidity always brings it back.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Always amazes me especially in a country where so many people have a gun that someone doesn't pull one out in the middle of that sort of madness to try and claim the pile of crap for themselves (or are the gun owners outside going f--- that madness anyone fancy a coffee? )

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 05:23 AM
link   

seems like he was trying to save his lady friend. He already had a box and went back in throwing people around to get the blonde out.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   

I think Walmart might be on to something here you know!

Think about it for a second. How awesome would it be, if there was a place where cultural convention actually supports the idea that you could walk in, and randomly start throwing everyone inside it around, for no reason what so ever? I doubt that I am the only human being on Gods Earth, who sometimes feels it would be deeply satisfying to just walk up to someone, ANYONE, and launch them several feet through the air. You know what I am talking about.

I think Walmart should market this. If they put a sign up outside saying :

"Normal rules of etiquette do not apply within. Please feel free to face punch the crap out of people, throw them at walls, turn over merchandising shelves upon them, and generally mess this place up, and everyone in it. No quarter should be given, nor expected. Walmart cannot be held responsible for injury sustained to the person, nor damage to property occurring on these premises."

... then they could just charge an entry fee, and install a basic triage for the most mauled of the shoppers. That way all the angst would just get thumped out of everyone, and short of a few stitches and a few cases of subdural haematoma, everyone would leave feeling much better than they did when they arrived!

Or alternatively....

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE?

Look at them all, shuffling around like zombies! None of them want to be there, that much is totally clear from the looks on their faces, let alone the fact that they were behaving like animals! Good GOD almighty! I am very sorry to have to say this, but there is something seriously broken about any society which contains ANYONE who could get THAT aggravated about SHOPPING! Its not as if their lives are on the line here, its simple queuing! You get your goods, you wait in LINE to be served at the checkout, or if you have no respect for the working man what so ever, you use an automated till. You do NOT get so frustrated, that in the middle of a store, you freak out and cause a ruckus right there in the line!

And thats another thing, while we are on the subject of shopping, lines, and so on. I have an ASDA store near me. That is basically the UK version of Walmart, owned by the same company and so on. Now, I will admit, right around Christmas time, it gets pretty damned busy in that store. No joke, there will be an awful lot of people in there at once. However, the line at the till is a LINE! It may go up the aisle for eight feet or so per checkout, but it is a line, people wait their God damned turn, and what is more, people respect one another's space just a bit. What I saw in that video was feeding time in the zoo, a bunch of selfish apes falling over themselves to get to the checkouts first. It was more like a lazy mosh pit.

Tards. That is all I can say. Absolute bloody morons as a collective. Props to the fellow that got in there and helped someone up though.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Whats really sad is when I watch this,I think of how for the life of us we can't get people to come together to protect they're own rights in this country or vote congress and the senate out or anything else that needs to be done right now. But god bless them, throw some tags on something and say its on sale they will come.
What price for your freedom America? Its been on sale and has been bought and sold now.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Okay, this kind of news always make me un-regret the fact I once (tried to... if you tried to, too, you would understand..) read Marx "Das Kapital".

Some pieces were oh-so-true. Like the word "fetish of goods" - having to have something just for the fullfilment of the need to have something.

Do you know how much I care about the newest generation of playstations/boxes/wiis/whatever? Righto.

How much I care about having stuff just for the pleasure to have stilled my need to go shopping? Yupp.

Lost this a long time ago, never had to regret it.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   
These people are zombies, no doubt, however walmart perpetuates this behavior every year. And each year it only gets worse. There have already been stabbings and beatings last night, and Friday has just begun. There are measures that these stores could be taking in order to put an end to the fighting over product, but they won't. Obviously, walmart wants people to act like animals and fight like pigs over a trough.

IMO, anyone who goes out for black Friday shopping, is only perpetuating this whole mess. They condone it, enjoy it, and are entertained by this. My family and I make our statement by staying home. We do not participate in this type of sickness.

At this point, our society has deteriorated to such a degree that immorality and materialism has become a mainstay during what is SUPPOSED to be a time of being thankful for what we have.

When I was growing up, sure, we had sales at stores, AFTER Thanksgiving, and people didn't show up and beat each other into a pulp for a tv, cell phone, or tablet. No, people had a little more decorum, and respect. As a society we have not progressed, we have regressed. This shameful behavior should not be perpetuated any longer, not another year! Time to END black Friday all together, or find a way to hold sales AFTER Thanksgiving, with measures in place that will not lead to such disgusting violence over product. Enough is enough.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   

ItCameFromOuterSpace

People are insane and materialistic. I can't even think of anything Wal-Mart has that I want for Christmas.

Someone was STABBED last night at a walmart over a tablet computer. Just saw this on the news this morning.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   

ZeussusZ

seems like he was trying to save his lady friend. He already had a box and went back in throwing people around to get the blonde out.

Might be true but he ended up with 2 of whatever was so #$#*@ valuable it was worth assaulting people over it.

Evolution will weed these types out eventually.

Some places in the US doing what he did will earn you an arsewhooping.
Maybe not inside but for sure in the parking lot.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

I like your idea. Weed out the greediest ones.
Like a coliseum for shoppers.
"This week, hailing from the nether parts of suburban Cleveland, weighing in at 247 lbs, our champion shopper "Mac the toe-stomper Beckworth"!! " Will he use the infamous hairpull tactic that was so devastatingly effective last week in our 52"flatscreen scramble or the more subtle inside knee kick that took 5 of our shop-a-maulics out in the Wallywood Oakland challenge? Stay tuned America - the great touchpad rumble is about to begin!"

To be fair maybe they should have men's and women's leagues.

The big money in that is the television rights to the footage.
edit on 29-11-2013 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Nice.

The day after giving thanks for what we have...go out and hurt people to get more.

Wow.

Peace

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Anyone that shops at Walmart is crazy. Triple crazy if they are there shopping for holidays.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Went to mine last night to get an Xmas tree, was packed, but for the most part everyone was nice and in good spirit, no fights over anything really

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Just think how these people would react to any SHTF scenario. Throw into the mix some firearms and Wallmart ammo and you have a great movie on your hands

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I ask why do they do it every year knowing people will react like this, you can blame the rats but the owners control the cheese.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Asktheanimals
Evolution will weed these types out eventually.

Ever see the movie 'Idiocracy'?? (Its supposed to be comedy but I think it's brilliant)
They show how the exact opposite is going to happen.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join