It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fluoride row: Byron Bay votes to uphold ban in water supply

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

fluoridealert.org...

constant increased fluoride intake causes the kidneys to excrete it. When they excrete the fluoride, minerals also go with it causing some mineral deficiencies. The same thing happens with coffee, the caffeine is an adjuvant to increase the effects of mineral loss created by the fluoride. Proper amounts of Xantihian oxidase in the body can also make you pee, this takes away the nitrosamines though. Boosting the fluoride in coffee by using fluoridated water can cause problems and imbalance the situation. The minerals needed to counteract the nitrosamines are also excreted in the urine by raising fluoride levels. These are what is referred to as side effects. People wind up mineral deficient with an electrolyte imbalance....this can weaken our ability to fight diseases.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I love living in Calgary, AB, and the fact that our awesome mayor took the fluoride out of the water, right after he was elected.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Fluoride calcifies onto your pineal gland.
If you don't know what that is, and it's importance to you, you should do some research.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   

SalientSkivvy

Fluoride calcifies onto your pineal gland.
If you don't know what that is, and it's importance to you, you should do some research.

You do know that they qualified that by studying Fluoride at higher doses in GERBILS and RATS, not humans right?

If you want to read a real study done with PEOPLE, try Newburgh-Kingston study. You can find it online I'm sure or on FluorideAlert.org.

Similar groups of children were selected for long-term observation from Newburgh (fluoridated to 1.0 to 1.2 mg/L in 1945) and Kingston (essentially F-free for the duration of the study). Newburgh and Kingston were chosen because they were well-matched: both were situated on the Hudson River about 35 miles apart with similar upland reservoir water supplies; both had populations of about 30,000 with similar demographic characteristics, social and economic conditions, levels of dental care, etc. In Newburgh, out of 817 children (aged from birth to nine years) who were selected in 1945, 500 were examined in 1954-1955; in Kingston, out of 711 children who were selected in 1945, 405 were examined in 1954-1955.

The medical and dental examinations began in 1944, and were repeated periodically until 1955. An assessment of any possible systemic effects arising from the consumption of fluoridated water was made by comparing the growth, development and the prevalence of specific conditions in the two groups of children as disclosed by their medical histories, physical examinations, and laboratory and radiological evidence. The age of onset of menstruation in girls was used as an index of the rate of sexual maturation.

At the end of ten years, the investigators reported no adverse systemic effects from drinking fluoridated water because no significant differences were found between the results from the two groups. The average age of first menarche was earlier among girls in Newburgh than those in Kingston: 12 years vs. 12 years and 5 months respectively (Schlesinger et al, 1956). Although this difference was not considered important, it does suggest an association between the use of fluoridated drinking water and an earlier onset of sexual maturation in girls. The Newburgh girls had not had a lifelong use of fluoridated water. For the first two years or so, they received unfluoridated water. Furthermore, their only source of F was from the drinking water.

Bold is my emphasis.
From here.
Thanks for bringing this up because I truly thought there were no studies done amongst towns that were similar. This just solidifies that the anti-fluoride people are just scared people whispering to themselves about the dangers much like prehistoric man must have done when hiding in caves while the Gods hurled bolts of light at them from the sky.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   

I get my fluoride from my toothpaste and mouthwash, which clearly states "DO NOT SWALLOW".
Brush regularly and take care of your teeth, I don't see why you need to drink it.

www.med-health.net...

And you're right. Fluoride is not going to kill you. Just make you feel lost and disconnected....

edit on 10-12-2013 by SalientSkivvy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

SalientSkivvy

I get my fluoride from my toothpaste and mouthwash, which clearly states "DO NOT SWALLOW".
Brush regularly and take care of your teeth, I don't see why you need to drink it.

www.med-health.net...

And you're right. Fluoride is not going to kill you. Just make you feel lost and disconnected....

edit on 10-12-2013 by SalientSkivvy because: (no reason given)

It states "Do not swallow" because the concentration of fluoride is MUCH higher than fluoridated water. You could pour 12% strength sodium hypochlorite on a wound to help you, but look up the MSDS to see what would happen if you drank it.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Clarification:

If you drank it in the same concentration as you used on the wound.
Sorry, I had 3 kids running around me when I was typing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join