It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China sends warplanes to newly declared air zone

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk...

So....who will blink first?
edit on Thu Nov 28 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: Starting a New Thread?...Look Here FirstAboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sitesplease post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item, as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Nothing will happen.. NOTHING

Remember all that shizzle with Korea 12 months ago.. what happened? Nothing

A month or two back there was more war mongering about the UK and the US sending out ships, yet again NOTHING HAPPENED.

These days another war will NOT HAPPEN. For all the scare mongering, a country has too much to loose to start a war. With social media, and todays technology, every thing that is done will be known within seconds.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by blackrabbit1

I think it's a test run and trial balloon for international reaction as it may apply to other situations they see coming up, so I hope it's all treated very very seriously by all involved.

China doesn't make big moves for short term idiocy like is the rule of the day in the West. We play Checkers, they play Chess. It's something we should never forget. History hasn't been kind to those who have, to be gentle about that one. History applies here with China like almost no one else too, for the unbroken nature of their culture and world view.

China, for it's part, will get as much as they think they can without actual conflict. This isn't worth fighting for, in my opinion. It is worth taking things closer though, to gauge how far anyone is prepared to go in the changing world now.

China has something much bigger in mind, long term, I think. This isn't worth the fight that other things will be for them. Just my thoughts...

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
"Brinkmanship"

the art or practice of pursuing a dangerous policy to the limits of safety before stopping, typically in politics.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Dear blackrabbit1,

May I assume that you are asking who, in a condition of possible international conflict, will concede?

Hmmmm.. Let me think. China, who ignores the United Nations over violations of basic human rights and has no trouble killing thousands of demonstrators on what seems to be a monthly basis, or "Red Line," and "Lift the Sanctions" Obama?

I'm going to have to think about this for a while. I'll get back to you.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by mlifeoutthere

At some point, that perspective will be horribly wrong.

1. The Chinese are willing to lose 800 million in order to be the survivors on top of the smoldering heap and usher in the CHINESE CENTURY, EVEN THE CHINESE MILLENIUM . . . in their view and expectations.

2. You seem to fail to understand how HIGH "face" and Pride rank in Chinese culture--above even money.

3. The Chinese are more addicted to power than they are to money.

4. The globalist puppet masters are setting them up to help light off WW3 at some point. They will be essentially given Japan, Hawaii, Australia, all of SE Asia and the Western USA.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

You have a lot of insightful points.

However . . . I think you misread the Chinese and their cultural values still far too much.

Certainly they are more like chess players.

I think it was Rudyard Kipling who said . . . my paraphrase . . .

that any Westerner that thought they could out fox an oriental was a clueless idiot.

Essentially, I agree with him.

The Chinese are used to suffering. They don't seem to let it hinder them much.

And the priorities of the leadership and The State are paramount, in their view.

Yeah, Tienanmen followed a breath of fresh air. Then so many lovely people were breathing dirt or the ashes in the Crematorium.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000

China doesn't make big moves for short term idiocy like is the rule of the day in the West. We play Checkers, they play Chess.

No, it's more accurate to say that they play chess, and we play Poker. Both are games of skill, but completely foreign to each other in their own ways. The problem we have is that we've got the worst Poker player ever in the driver's seat right now.

China, for it's part, will get as much as they think they can without actual conflict. This isn't worth fighting for, in my opinion. It is worth taking things closer though, to gauge how far anyone is prepared to go in the changing world now.

China has a generational crisis on their hands. Thanks to their one-child policy, they're stocked with a bunch of young men who have no future and are shortly going to start figuring that out. What do you do with an embarrassing number of young men who have nothing better to do than fight? Hmmmm ...

Let's see. Your biggest competitor is currently economically weak and being run by an idiot ...

China has something much bigger in mind, long term, I think. This isn't worth the fight that other things will be for them. Just my thoughts...

China really doesn't have much long-term. If they're not careful, all those restless young men could turn on them.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
oops wrong thread.
edit on 11/28/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

Yes, China is planning to cull their population along with the rest of the world.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
The most that will happen is that China will be put into a position to remove their new airspace claims. If they do push to far and fire upon an aircraft either military or civilian it will be considered an act of war. That would most likely cost them their new toy as it visits Davie Jones and any aircraft that venture out.

Economically it would eliminate the debt owed them crashing there economy which would effectively wipe-out any chance of being the new world leader. Not that that's going to be allowed anyway.

As one poster put it, China plays chess and the US poker. China doesn't understand that this is a high stakes poker game with winner takes all. Obama is not holding the cards, someone else is. He's just the puppet up front and the real card holders are holding a royal flush in spades. This game is one of deception with a rather nasty surprise in the end.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
these are the same guys that sent a probe too the moon,, or sending,, too see if Japan is building a death star,, lol...

and banned "Back too the Future" lol

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
China doesn't currently have the capability to keep a long term presence in the area, without rotating aircraft through constantly. This is going to put a lot of strain on their air forces. It puts a lot of strain on aircraft to be flown constantly like that, and China doesn't have the best maintenance record on their aircraft.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
They could always try to crash into us again. We put up with it last time.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

It's Japanese and Korean aircraft, including civilian aircraft. I don't think crashing into them is really a good idea. A 747 or 787 probably won't come through as well as the EP-3 did.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   
China firing on planes entering the air defense zone will not be the first act of war. The first act of war was when the US sent B-52s into their air defense zone. China had every right to set up the air defense zone given the recent actions of the belligerent Japan concerning the Daiyou islands. Aircraft are allowed to enter the zone; they just have to give information to the Chinese about their flight and intentions. This seems logical given the threat. China showed great intelligence and responsibility by not firing on the invading aircraft. Why would the US send military aircraft into the air defense zone unless it wanted to intentionally provoke a conflict? The US has been increasing measures in recent years in Asia in their bid to conquer the Earth. They routinely conduct military exercises with Japan or South Korea threatening China and/or North Korea. This is the reason North Korea feels compelled to threaten nuclear attack and restart the Yongbyong plutonium producing reactor. This is the reason China recently put out a nuclear attack map of the US just as North Korea did. This is the reason they recently tested a submarine fired nuclear capable ballistic missile off the coast of Oregon. Everyone has been given fair warning. China is not going to allow themselves to be conquered like Yugoslavia, Iraq, Afghanistan, and Libya.
edit on 29-11-2013 by Adaluncatif because: spelling

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Adaluncatif

China had NO right to set up any kind of air defense zone. Those islands have been Japanese territory for over 100 years. China had no interest in reclaiming them until resources were found under them, then suddenly wanted them back.

China was the aggressor by declaring this defense zone over Japanese territory.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Seems like they're just probing to see what they can do, just testing everyone's limits sitting and waiting for the perfect distraction. Hell I'd do the exact same thing.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   

The other factor is the remaining players in this "zone", Taiwan and S. Korea..

There may be individuals those countries that would prefer a Japanese-Chinese confrontation that draws in the U.S.
either to weaken China in some regional conflict/take pressure off of their own agendas.

Then there's N. Korea, chaos in the region also takes pressure off them and affords "opportunities"......

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Adaluncatif

The US has been increasing measures in recent years in Asia in their bid to conquer the Earth.

In my mind, this is the key sentence of your post. The idea that President Obama has the leadership ability or desire to conquer anything at all, with the possible exception of the Republican party, is so contrary to anything I've seen or read, that I would really like you to provide serious evidence of your claim.

If you are unable to provide such evidence, the rest of your post unravels, since the US conquest of the world seems to be your justification for China's aggression.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join