It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scary paranormal experience, can anybody give some answers???

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

Thank you for your comment. At first both myself & my friend tried to convince her or at least guide her to the possibility of paralysis (from my point if only to put her mind to rest) She has known of sleep paralysis for a long time and says it was not. She says she went up the stairs went to the loo, put her drink on her bedside table lifted the covers got into the bed and as she adjusted her position to lay down to go to sleep that is when she saw the eyes right next to her and she fell back in fear.

The reason I have posted this was because I too have never heard such a description of such a being. I am well versed in alot of things of a more spiritual nature which is why my friend called me in the first place and I also like many people have had some experiences of my own but this had me stumped

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Vviena1606

I understand but I guess in seeing others share their experiences and having had it happen myself I know how seriously real and quick it can be. I even went to the hospital as I thought I was having a stroke (too young for that but that's how real it was with not feeling parts of my body as a part of the experience). I was awake - still believe that but also have to accept the brain can be tricky. I can see how someone would dismiss it - I won't ever forget it and hope it never happens again.

I did like the explanation about alternate realities becoming clear to us perceptually. I'm not sure why we would either become paralyzed (as I did), or feel frozen with shock or fear like others do. Her attention pulled from it made it disappear, which makes it seem ghost like. If that's the case it can't hurt her. Hopefully it won't happen to her again.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

Yes the bright side is always the best side I feel but the Ouija is comp out of the question, would never mess with such things nowadays. Had my fare share as a teen and so Im sure the lady who is in her late 50s wouldnt be up for the crack! lol
Cheers

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I hope the ouija board comment was sarcasm.
Definitely not a good idea. . .

It definitely sounds like a terrifying experience. I have a cousin, whom is sensitive to the "paranormal", who has quite often seen entities with big glowing red eyes - all times she was frightened (who wouldn't be though). If this particular entity were demonic wouldn't it be more aggressive? I have never seen or dealt with a demonic entity, that I know of. I'm just going by what I've heard and read of such entities.

A dimensional slip sounds a bit more likely and could also explain the feeling of being paralyzed. Think about it, if it were a dimensional slip - our human bodies aren't made to function in these other dimensions thus when a slip occurs we feel paralyzed because we can't properly operate. . . Or a astral slip, where she was unaware she was leaving her body and was met by an unknown entity that just so happened to be there and when she seen it she became "stuck" for a moment. +1 and flag, very interesting responses so far.

~Sovereign

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I have had numerous experiences like this. I was not asleep, it was not some hyponogogic anything.
This is the alleged rational explanation for things that cannot be explained.

Something that bright and vivid, is an event that the average person is not used to.
If this was her home for many years, and she's never experienced anything like thus before, it's a huge concern in my opinion.
I would suggest a spiritual cleansing of the home ASAP.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Vviena1606
No medical terms please.

OK It was a demon from the nether world that was able to aparate and try take her soul, but the minute she moved it was enough to break its hold on her and dissipate.

Is that better, that all you WANT to hear?

It was a classic hallucination, her movement broke it, which is how it ALWAYS happens.

I have had them within 5 minutes of lying down.
I would put money on is she is suffering a stress at the moment? either grief, financial trouble or something that is causing her real worry.

Why was her granddaughter in bed with her?

I don't discount experience in paranormal, but I would never be so pigheaded to ask for no medical or actual explanations. You aren't interested in helping her solve this if you refuse factual possibilities in order to make it into paranormal histrionics for the poor old woman.

edit on 28-11-2013 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

I am a medical professional, and I've seen things like this, and it's nothing medically explainable, in my opinion.
It does sound like a demon, but why at this point in time.
That being said, it's possible the woman has new on set of a medical issue, but most of the the ones I can thing of, don't manifest this way.
The OP isn't interested in a medical explanation, because they obviously have exhausted that as a reason .

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Firstly she isnt a poor old woman, she is in her mid 50s hardly old.
Secondly I dont think asking for peoples views on the subject, but requesting the sleep paralysis explanation be dismissed is pigheaded. I shall say here and now for the last time I questioned her regarding paralysis and she strongly refutes it!!!

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
It was probably sleep paralysis as already said. I've had a couple of experiences myself and it seems so so real...
The thing is - we tend to have these experiences when we are in bed. Bit of a clue there eh? I'd be more convinced if it happened when we were walking the family dog or cooking the dinner...

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by PtolemyII

Thank you for this

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   

If you questioned her on paralysis are you a medical professional? Why is it discounted so quickly?

You have people telling you they have had this happen to them. Don't discount it.

OK it was a demon.

There, feel better?

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   

She has lived at this address for 10 years or so and has had a few paranormal experiences in a positive way ie: the smell of the tobacco or perfume that a loved one wore whilst alive, the kettle turning on when speaking of her dead father (I actually have had this one and it is quite a comfort) these sort of things have happened on occasion in this home & her last home But this is nothing like what any of us have seen before, she is a happy, funny, strong, confident lady who does not go in for over egging a situation. She has always liked a peaceful jokey life and is a fun person to be around. This is why I have put my focus on this for her to try to help her with some possible explanations, as when I was told about it I was stumped.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Further more it is NOT me who denies paralysis it is HER!

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   

PtolemyII

I am a medical professional, and I've seen things like this, and it's nothing medically explainable, in my opinion.
It does sound like a demon, but why at this point in time.

What kind of medical professional would make an assessment based on a ATS post, without speaking directly to the person involved.
The description is classic Hypnagogia, have you treated people for this?
It sounds like you have not to jump to "it sounds like a demon" professional assessment.

I'm all for spooky encounters, hell I even do a ATS radio show on it. But when people make their minds up without any thorough research, discount completely the most plausible explanation, all it does it create rubbish that clogs up actual paranormal research.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Vviena1606

troll

As a new member, I'll let that slide, just because I am making you question the run of things, and have taken the time to offer my personal experience in the matter, doesn't make me a troll. In fact my long history on ATS would clearly show otherwise.
Don't get snippy because you don't like being questioned. Personal attacks are not permitted on ATS.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Vviena1606

She has lived at this address for 10 years or so and has had a few paranormal experiences in a positive way ie: the smell of the tobacco or perfume that a loved one wore whilst alive, the kettle turning on when speaking of her dead father (I actually have had this one and it is quite a comfort) these sort of things have happened on occasion in this home & her last home But this is nothing like what any of us have seen before, she is a happy, funny, strong, confident lady who does not go in for over egging a situation. She has always liked a peaceful jokey life and is a fun person to be around. This is why I have put my focus on this for her to try to help her with some possible explanations, as when I was told about it I was stumped.

Finally, something possibly paranormal worth discussing.

There is residual or intelligent haunting going on, and there is no history of "demonic" activity. A family member certainly would not present themselves in that way to a loved one to remind them they are still around in spirit. Also the deceased father would offer a form of protection over her.

edit on 28-11-2013 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   

My length of time on this site is irrelevant in this instance, I dont believe you have actually posed any Q to me other than making statements of my pigheadedness for not accepting paralysis. I wont reply to any more comments from yourself as your whole history on this thread causes me annoyance, not because I wont allow anybody's opinion that doesnt suit but because you have spoken to me with contempt in every post. enough

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Well thats not true, Initially I offered you a explanation that you discounted, there was no contempt in the post, empathy is what I felt when i read her story.

In fact I would like to help your friend, as I KNOW how frightening an encounter like this .
It is 3 dimensional and very real. And the first few times it happens you will NEVER believe it was a hallucination.

I HAVE asked you questions on her stress levels, you didn't answer. I did this to ascertain if Hypnogogia would be plausible.

I have done paranormal investigations, I love the subject. I tell you what, get your friend to sign up so we can hear straight from the horses mouth to try help her without any third person agendas involved.

I'd even like to invite her onto the show so she can tell her story and see if she can get answers.

One thing I will never do is fuel "it was a demon" explanations without proper research. I suggest you adopt the same approach as in the end this will help your friend the most.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   

I said I wouldnt respond to your posts but feel I must. Again you start up with the nasty undertone "agenda" Why say such a thing? I have not once said it was a demon or even implied it was such. after lengthy discussions earlier today we have come to the belief that it was paranormal but that is as far as our understanding goes. I have only said that the paralysis bit has been refused by her as an explanation and any thing to possibly explain it would be more than appreciated.

I have explained her state of mind as a person. Happy disposition etc..

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join