It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon cities buildings evident near Tycho crater.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   

HomerinNC
reply to post by JadeStar

Priceless!!!!!

Honestly, you shoulda waited a few more days before telling people what the pics REALLY were

edit on 11/28/2013 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

I started to, but I didn't have the heart. I found that when trying to teach people about rational approaches to stuff like this that its better to be kind than to make them feel stupid.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   

zilebeliveunknown

Which just goes to show, when you blow up something and crank up the contrast and gain you get square pixelation that looks like "buildings" and anything that forms a line between 3 points will look like a "pyramid".

Uhmm, no...
It just goes to show, as I pointed out in my post with lroc pic, that if you have a full res area next to area in question that has been blurred out, your common sense telling you something is not right, hence my post about conspiracy.
We just don't have sufficient data for this one, everything is speculation further on...

Do you understand what Pareidolia is at all?

You obviously have a need to believe a group of rocks is a city even when presented with evidence to the contrary.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

Everyone knows property values increase on higher ground due to the threat of floods. However, i hope the ones who are elevated are smart enough to install lightning rods. You never know...just sayin....

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Sakrateri
Come on with the moon people already! The moon is a massive ball of dust and rock there is absolutely nothing for anyone to eat so how would anyone or anything survive there?? Nothing, Nada, Zilch, there is not one living thing on the moon.

You're kidding, right?

Jose Escamilla: Moon Rising

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   

hurdygurdy

Sakrateri
Come on with the moon people already! The moon is a massive ball of dust and rock there is absolutely nothing for anyone to eat so how would anyone or anything survive there?? Nothing, Nada, Zilch, there is not one living thing on the moon.

You're kidding, right?

Jose Escamilla: Moon Rising

Jose Escamilla? The known proven hoaxer?

UFO Hall Of Shame : Jose Escamilla : Moon Rising 2012

See also this ATS thread: The implosion of "JOSE ESCAMILLA": THE UFO HOAXER

Want to know why most credible scientists stay as far away from this subject as possible? Because of crap like that.
edit on 28-11-2013 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Perfectly familiar with the term, thank you.
Even your brain isn't immune to it.
But, I don't even know why you brought pareidolia into discussion.

You obviously have a need to believe a group of rocks is a city even when presented with evidence to the contrary.

Last time I checked this thread was about certain area on the moon where YT uploader thinks there're cities.
What evidence you're talking about?
Have you been on the Moon? Do you have hi resolution images of the area in question?

My point was, as far as topic's concerns, that there is no sufficient data, that's all.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   

AthlonSavage
reply to post by AlphaHawk

Dude any fool can see the pictures I linked do not have the same pixel resolution as the picture you linked, and I don't care what the LRO pixel resolution says rather( ill use my brain and eyes assess the image), and secondly the height the picture was taken at and lighting condition will be relevant factors that affect detail. Try comparing an apple with an apple instead of a moon orange.
edit on 28-11-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

Funny, if I had a low res pixelated version of an apple and a higher res picture of an apple regardless of lighting angle its still an apple.

MAKE A NOTE OF THIS: If you need a pic to be low res and only from a certain angle, chances are what you think you are seeing isn't what you are actually seeing. ie: Face on Mars.....

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   

zilebeliveunknown

Perfectly familiar with the term, thank you.
Even your brain isn't immune to it.

No ones is. But your brain and mine can also negate it if you use, get this......rationality and Occam's Razor. But you have to want to get to the truth of what you think you see.

I don't start threads on ATS based on Pareidolia but plenty do.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   

rationality and Occam's Razor. But you have to want to get to the truth of what you think you see.

False.
There are many unanswered questions for us humanity.
Occam's Razor and ratio only works on things we already know as truth or fact.
Occam's Razor and ratio negate things out of our reach.
Occam's Razor and ratio outecomes are predictable.
What if there's more out there, generally speaking, and I'm sure there is?
If you happen to think you know all the answers, that is the good sign something's wrong with you.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
maybe they are ruins.

This image is showing the ruins of the ancient city of Tanis (an archeological site in Egypt, well-known from the Indiana Jones' movie). The image has been obtained from the original image from Google Maps, with a certain image processing. The following is the original image from Google.

stretchingtheboundaries.blogspot.com.au...

edit on 28-11-2013 by PLAYERONE01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   

zilebeliveunknown

rationality and Occam's Razor. But you have to want to get to the truth of what you think you see.

False.
There are many unanswered questions for us humanity.

Of course there are.

But the automatic answer to all of them isn't "OMG Alienz."

Occam's Razor says, if it looks like pixelated rocks and no one has announced a massive city on the moon it's probably not a massive city on the moon. Simple as.

One doesn't have to know everything to know something.

I know what a rock in a crater looks like. I look at them all the time.

See my tagline: "Girl with a 'scope, and a whole lotta hope!"

I do astronomy every day. Its my field of study.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   

But the automatic answer to all of them isn't "OMG Alienz."

I didn't say that.

I know what a rock in a crater looks like. I look at them all the time.
See my tagline: "Girl with a 'scope, and a whole lotta hope!"

Care to show us some pics of the rocks taken with your 'scope, girl?

I do astronomy every day. Its my field of study.

Then you should've known astronomy has nothing to do with rocks.
It's geology, or should I say lunology.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Lol you crack me up

You arguments are weak and detracting of the arguments being presented there is artificiality present within them picture linked, so really im bored listening to your little voice of debunk.

Atleast he has arguments unlike you .... Blurry spots on low res pictures does not a city make .... And calling people boy when your own childishness is so apparent does not help your case

thx for nothing!

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Iqarus

You know back from the 1980s onward the US military developed mainframe based image and pattern recognition software that is still well ahead of what the public have access too today and a priority of that software was accuracy as it was developed to detect concealed soviet installations at first which were camouflaged but the pentagon never throws a knife away until the blade is broke. This software continues to evolve and be tweaked and rewritten several hundred times up to now (n ot counting regular updates and tweaks) and is so far more advanced than you would believe as well as being near one hundred percent accurate, guess what when they put lunar and martian imagery through it detected multiple installations and on earth the only flaw was that is constantly found archeological sites that they were not interested in so the later versions use comparative analysis of before and after to detect ACTIVE sites but the red herrings were real, just ancient messopetamian and meso american real.
SO why did they go crazy when image so the moon and mars were processed showing multiple artificial structures (or at least as far as the softwared geometry and terrain disparity processing is concerned).
I think I will leave that to yourself and the rest of the disbelievers, oh and what is a ruin if not a pile of boulders.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

It's really difficult to tell what the objects are in the OP's images considering the low-resolution of the image has caused everything to look "blocky". I suppose if we saw a higher-res version of the OP's image, the shape of the objects could really be blocky like they appear in that image, or they could easily be rounded boulders.

The bottom line is that the low resolution of the OP's images make it useless in determining what we are really looking at.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   

LOL Well played Sir, Well played

1 minor issue though, I didnt see anything in your pic that looked remotely alien or unnatural, I was actually going to ask you to circle what you thought was the anomaly, glad I scrolled down first Hahaha.

You highlighted how pixelation can mess with a pic but it still didnt show anything like the artifacts we normally get from these threads.

P.s you mentioned "proof" that this was no city or unnatural feature, can you pls repost that "proof"?
I have just reread the thread twice and all Ive seen are some blurry pics and alot of opinions, no proof either way
edit on 28/11/2013 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by LABTECH767

SO why did they go crazy when image so the moon and mars were processed showing multiple artificial structures (or at least as far as the softwared geometry and terrain disparity processing is concerned).

Link for this please.
Thanks in advance, and please do provide a link or 2, you seem so sure of what you say.
it sounds very interesting, i look forward to reading about it

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Biigs
www.nasa.gov...

Which bit is the city?

Its the bit in the middle that looks like blurry rocks silly

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
So here is some mystery Hi-Tec civilization that likes formal squares and rectangles, goes to the moon and builds what can only be described as a fecking shanty town, but even shanty towns have some order.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

edit on 28-11-2013 by smurfy because: Double post.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join