It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leading geneticist says we are a hybrid of Pigs and Chimps

page: 20
<< 17  18  19   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I always thought I was a bit of an ape with a hog's hole.

Now I understand where it originates - something the Anunnaki cobbled together.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

Excerpt from your link;

When it comes to humans, according to McCarthy, we were probably created after numerous cases of mating of boars with female chimpanzees, when the cubs were raised by chimpanzees.

Boar mates with chimpanzee? Lol. They can't produce any offspring today, right?
Therefore, boar and chimpanzee ancestors may not be the same species today. Probably the boar resemble an orc and the chimpanzee probably a Sasquatch. Lol.

edit on 19-6-2018 by EasternShadow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct
What percent do we match genetically with pigs? Aren’t we like 96% chimp?

I would think that a chimp breeding with a pig if it were even possible would just make a stupider chimp. What benefit would the pig bring to the chimp?

Yeah, I just don't see it. If we were a chimp pig hybrid, we'd expect a near 50/50 split between chimp and pig DNA, not 96-% chimp. The idea does not really make sense and I was searching pretty vigorously to find the answer to what percentage we share with pigs, but nobody seems to have a straight answer. I saw them on a top 5 most related list and it listed every % that humans have in common with them, EXCEPT the pig.

I tend to think this "research" is pseudoscience. If pigs could have viable offspring with chimps we'd see new humans being created today. It makes zero sense. We share a recent common ancestor with a chimp, and a less recent one with a pig.

edit on 6 19 18 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

I agree. I didn’t look into the supposed “leading geneticist“ did you? Probably a crock of poop too.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: pikestaff
Comparing a chimp's and and a Human's hand, I don't think so, same with a pig's trotter, no way, chimp's head/pig's head/human head, really? pigs don't have sweat glands, not sure if chimps do, different brain layouts, the difference's list is just too long.

Aside from the fact that humans match chimps genetically at 96%.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 05:10 AM
link   
AND we look like 'em too.
Any of y'all have a curly tail?

Harte

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 05:25 AM
link   
To think women have been calling men pigs for centuries, turns out they were right. On a serious note i think this theory is way out there. Though as i think about it there is another possibility. A retrovirus could have altered DNA and the virus was caught by chimps from a pig. That could be why we have a much higher incidence of cancer then other species

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 05:36 AM
link   

And now, the Old Testament prohibition from eating pork starts to make a bit more sense...

I'd love to delve into this a bit more, so await further research with interest. I would posit that somehow, porcine features were a benefit in the evolution of a slave race? That rebellious 'alien stewards' made a decision which forever corrupted the genetic qualities of the dominant sentient species on Earth? Were they supposed to midwife the natural emergence of sentience, but forsaking their place, artificially adjusted the genome to add certain qualities which were seen as better than that which existed as a result of nature, for the purposes of increasing their control over a race which was already their genetic cousin?

It seems a piece of the puzzle just came into play - now to see where exactly it fits, and what it reveals about the emerging picture...

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

Did you know that the AKJV or any Bible for that matter says more about a land he calls Holy (Exodus 3:5), a land Promised to Abraham, Isaac and Jacobs sons in particular numerous verses in Genesis, it has more to say a man would reign on Davids throne in the literal kingdom of heaven on the earth in heaven, and the Kingdom of God forever, and that God will bring about the end of ALL Warfare in a Chosen city in that Land known as Jerusalem, than it does about all the Christians doctrines both false and true combined?

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Chimps do not have an opposed thumb, so how did humans get theirs ?

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

They banned eating pigs as they though the animal was 'unclean' because the poor thing had to wallow in watery mud to keep cool in hot weather, as it does not have sweat glands.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   
So this ancient monkey farmer comes home after a long day drinking.
After entering he starts to climb the stairs towards his bedroom with a sheep under his arm. Upon bursting the bedroom door open his startled monkey wife sits up in bed and yells out "WASSUP?
The monkey farmer barks out "This is the pig I have been schtuping for the last 10 years.
His monkey wife looks at him in bewilderment and said "you idiot, that's a sheep you got there."
The monkey farmer yells back, "shut up b****, I was talking to the sheep"

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: pikestaff

No that is not factual. God said it was an unclean animal and it had nothing to do with how dirty they were or their lack of glands. If you knew the Bible you would not have made such a clumsy mistake.

edit on 21-6-2018 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   

No links to peer-reviewed papers on the subject? Check!

Glosses over sterile hybrids with an example and no explanation? Check!

Giant pop-up for PayPal donations when you try to exit the site? Check!

Sloppy seconds science. Maybe even thirds.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Wow... 5 year old thread got resurrected. Impressive.

Anyways, I'd be willing to entertain the idea of a zoogenic transgenic virus that spliced some swine DNA into fetuses of an isolated population of primates. Chimp-Pig relations, not so much.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: pikestaff
Chimps do not have an opposed thumb, so how did humans get theirs ?

Actually chimpanzees DO have opposable thumbs. How do you think they grab tree branches and peel bananas?

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: pikestaff

I think you will find Chimps DO have opposable Thumbs Most primates (Humans, Denisovians, Neanderthals, all the genus Homo, Apes, Chimps, Orangutans, and old world monkeys and that is not an exhaustive list) have opposable Thumbs

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Sigh, so you are an expert in Kashrut now
The reasoning for what is or is not unclean is unclear.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Leading geneticist says we are a hybrid of Pigs and Chimps

And even more leading geneticists say we aren't. Pick a geneticist.

edit on 15/8/2018 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Wow, Sheepherders and goats....
What could possibly go wrong here....?

This theory is just wrong in so many ways.

top topics

<< 17  18  19   >>

join