It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leading geneticist says we are a hybrid of Pigs and Chimps

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by rhinoceros

What would it take for them to be compatible, is there a minimum number of genetic moves to make it work, or simple and general coding blocking this from occurring? Or at every twist and turn of the genome there is subtle and strenuous information intertwined disallowing this sort of thing from happening?

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Cannibalism makes sense now.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

rhinoceros
1. He's not a leading geneticist. I have never even heard of him.
2. His idea is easily debunked. Here's the human genome. Here's the pig genome. Do they support this insane idea? No.

1. Why would you have heard of him?
2. I have no idea what the info on that link means??? could you elaborate for us laymen?

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

McCarthy’s list of the anatomic evidence is long, but the main items on it are similarities in the anatomy of faces of pigs and humans and inexplicable similarities in the microstructure of the skin and organs. 'The reason why this hasn’t been discovered yet is excessive reliance on the genetic evidence...' said McCarthy.

So we have a alleged genetic expert who decides NOT to use his own professed area of expertise but instead uses visual comparisons to prove his theory. I wonder what he would say about these guys??

Blob Fish

Another Fish Face

Dog-Human Face

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Roxxo
It shouldn't be too hard to test that theory, just get some pigs and some chimps, a little bubbly, and play some Barry White and whatever happens, happens.

Sorry, had to do it

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

rhinoceros
2. His idea is easily debunked. Here's the human genome. Here's the pig genome. Do they support this insane idea? No.

I had never heard of him either. Two things stood out to me with his abstract. 1. He did not submit it for peer review and chose to self publish on his own website. And 2. That for such a preeminent geneticist he seems to rely far more heavily on anecdotal morphology and less so on actual genetics. Either he's a complete fraud or he knows its a half assed hypothesis and is relying heavily on those who don't have a firm grasp on the science to promote this independently for him. I would have thought that someone who claims to have practiced in their field for over 30 years would know by now to not make claims that can't be backed up and independently verified without risking destruction to their career. Or perhaps his doesn't quite exist outside his website? It's almost as if he's saying in his head that" if they laughed at Darwin initially and he turned out to be right then. Mist be right too if they're laughing at me".

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

IkNOwSTuff

rhinoceros

1. Why would you have heard of him?
2. I have no idea what the info on that link means??? could you elaborate for us laymen?

1. Well, this stuff is close to my field, so if he was someone big, like say Svante Pääbo who's certainly a leading geneticist by every measure, then surely I would have heard of him. If he's a leading geneticist, then where are all his high impact publications? Where is he employed?

2. The links include a lot of data. There are readme files in the directories if you want to understand what's there.

I made a little test. I downloaded all human proteins. Next I subsampled 100 sequences and queried them against ncbi's non-redundant protein database, which includes essentially all known proteins. Subsequently, I removed all human hits from the output, and then sorted for best hits. How many hits were to pig? Zero.

Note that anyone here can verify the outcome of my little experiment. All you need is a program called blast. On the same ftp you can find nr, all human protein sequences, etc. Some bioinformatics background and bash-fluency might come rather handy too.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   

alfa1

Somewhat surprised to see that after two pages, nobody has recognised the story or the person as having been discussed before just a few months ago.

Chimp-Pig Hybrid=Humans
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Was wondering the same.

After looking at the crazy Genetics PHD guy's site, came across this: Cat and Rabbit hybrid.

Item of particular interest, that may or may not relate to this thread, is.....

End of Times anyone?

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Pic's please, or it's not true.....

Reminds me of an episode of southpark where they get a pig and an elephant drunk so they could breed them and win the science contest so they could have tiny pot bellied elephants

But on a serious note, its been said in regerds to medical procedures that pigs are so like humans on the inside thst organ transplants with hearts have been possible, and chimps are quite close to humans geneticaly that maybe this guy is on to something.....hmmmm..

edit on 28-11-2013 by DARREN1976 because: additions...

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Brings this strange thread to mind;
www.abovetopsecret.com...

why do human beings and pigs have so many close affinities?
pigs are known for their intelligence.
pig insulin is used in place of the human variety for those with diabetes.
looking at those two piglets showing in the OP. i almost mistook them
for children, at first glance.
i imagine that if you stand a young pig up on its hind legs, you would can observe
something uncannily akin to the human buttocks.

is there a possibility that humankind is the result of the genetic manipulation
or crossing of pig and ape dna, and that some know this clearly?

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
While I'm no genetics expert, and the fact is humans and pigs/chimps are remarkably similar, I'm a little curious on the chromosome counts. 46 for humans, 48 for chimps, and 38 for pigs. That gap of 10 is quite large! My understanding is that such a gap SHOULD be insurmountable naturally. If this guy's evidence all stands, however, and my understanding is correct, you could only reason something more than natural mechanisms played a part here.
Again though...no expert.
edit on 28-11-2013 by ShiningBeneath because: apostrophe

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   

OK

From your last post what I got was you havent heard of the guy and feel you should have.

The rest once again went way over my head

Can you pretend like your talking to a complete and utter idiot and try and explain the thing about proteins and pig hits again using language I would understand?

Not being snarky, Im genuinely interested in hearing about this

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Funny-- I've actually speculated about this very thing. In some ways it makes sense. (Aside from the possible, alleged genetic evidence mentioned in OP.)

I have heard first hand accounts from some people who have eaten human flesh, and they say it tastes like pork. "Long Pig" being one term for human meat, originating with indigenous cannibals or sailors, depending on who you ask.

An interesting thought, anyway...

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

iwilliam
I have heard first hand accounts from some people who have eaten human flesh, and they say it tastes like pork.

Hmm...
Who have you been talking to?

~Sovereign

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   

AliceBleachWhite

Sorry, but I'm just not seeing this pig fly.

Nope.

Of course not - it would be swinging from tree to tree

Chimps have 99% of DNA that humans have, pigs slightly less.

Chimps have 24 chromosomes, Humans have 23, Pigs have 19.

There's some interesting similarities between human chromosome #10 to pig chromosomes #10 and #14
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Also human chromosome #3 and pig chromosome #13 show some similarities too:
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Compared with chimps and apes, there's also some interesting things about human chromosome #2 - It is unique to humans in that it has one active centromere and one inactive one. Also, there are telomeres in the middle as well as both ends.

Therefore it would seem that sometime in the past, two of our chromosomes fused together.

www.pbs.org...

Some more speculation over the Y chromasome:

johnhawks.net...

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Yeah, a few million years ago there was totally a widespread pig fetish fad among the primate community.

edit on 28-11-2013 by EllaMarina because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   

McCarthy on PubMed, a US government science database:

McCarthy EM

Results: 1 to 20 of 29
Select item 16368779
The contribution of LTR retrotransposon sequences to gene evolution in Mus musculus.
DeBarry JD, Ganko EW, McCarthy EM, McDonald JF.
Mol Biol Evol. 2006 Mar;23(3):479-81. Epub 2005 Dec 20.
PMID: 16368779 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE] Free Article
Related citations
Select item 15003117
Long terminal repeat retrotransposons of Mus musculus.
McCarthy EM, McDonald JF.
Genome Biol. 2004;5(3):R14. Epub 2004 Feb 13.
PMID: 15003117 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE] Free PMC Article
Related citations
Select item 15040813
Evolutionary history of Oryza sativa LTR retrotransposons: a preliminary survey of the rice genome sequences.
Gao L, McCarthy EM, Ganko EW, McDonald JF.
BMC Genomics. 2004 Mar 2;5(1):18.
PMID: 15040813 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE] Free PMC Article
Related citations
Select item 12584121
LTR_STRUC: a novel search and identification program for LTR retrotransposons.
McCarthy EM, McDonald JF.
Bioinformatics. 2003 Feb 12;19(3):362-7.
PMID: 12584121 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE] Free Article
Related citations…..

McCarthy published by Oxford University Press:

Handbook of Avian Hybrids of the World
Eugene M. McCarthy
OUP USA
598 pages | 16 maps, 4 line drawings | 234x156mm
978-0-19-518323-8 | Hardback | 30 March 2006
Price: £81.00

With more than 5,000 works cited, Handbook of Avian Hybrids of the World is the greatest compendium of information ever published on hybridization in birds. Worldwide in scope, it provides information on all reported avian crosses, not only those occurring in captivity, but also in a natural setting (approximately 4,000 crosses are covered). This book is a basic reference, intended both for the serious birder and the professional biologist. McCarthy's work fills a need for reference material that takes into account the last half century of data. It will be of interest to workers in a wide variety of fields, ranging from animal behavior to genetics, ecology, zoology, and systematics. In fact, it will make fascinating reading for anyone interested in birds and the natural world.

McCarthy in Nature:

A theoretical assessment of recombinational speciation

McCarthy's new theory, in book form:

On the Origins of New Forms of Life: A New Theory[/url

A review of the book and theory:

[url=http://www.macroevolution.net/about-me.html#.Upf0rShhoQI]McCarthy masterfully develops an extended argument for a paradigm shift in evolutionary biology
from the traditional view that each new species arises gradually from a single ancestral form, to the novel suggestion that each new life form originates suddenly when its recombinant karyotype becomes genetically stabilized following a hybridization event between two distinct ancestors. This bold hypothesis the stuff of which Kuhnian revolutions potentially emerge is presented with eloquence, extensive scholarship, and verve. Importantly, the hypothesis entails empirically testable genetic mechanisms and evolutionary predictions, and thus may stimulate a sweeping research agenda."

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   

IkNOwSTuff

Phage
So, did the chimp rape the pig or vice versa?

Why does it have to be rape?
We could just as easily assume they were in love and ran away from their respective species to be together and start a new species!!!!

Phage I respect your input but why you always gotta be so negative?

Its a lens falre
Its orbit wont bring it anywhere near earth
People could have easily done that with logs and rollers
etc etc etc

Go find a Nibiru thread to ruin and leave our touching story of Pig/Chimp love alone

He can say whatever he wants and rack up stars like in his first 2 posts in this thread. I think people "star" him just because it is him.
Firepiston

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Now wait a minute, there's a reptilian in there somewhere.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
OOOHHH. I didn't monkey around today, I ate like a pig. I believe this geneticist is right on.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join