It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Noah

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Krazysh0t
reply to post by Rex282

You just laid down a good argument for agnosticism, which is what I am.

If I did not know the creator God I would be a "true" agnostic or atheist also.It is the only reasonable alternative.To "know" you DO NOT know is moving in the right direction of being freed from the bondage(which is the meaning of forgiveness) of your "Belief System".

All anyone has to do to qualify for any belief system is to"believe" it.That is the fodder of herd Belief Systems like Christianity.The only qualification is that you "believe" you are a Christiain because it has no meaning at all.That's why so many of them argue endlessly over nothing claiming ..."I AM a Christian" and YOU are not or dude!!...I AM right ...PERIOD! when they are very, very wrong.

I'd sooner be around an atheist or agnostic anyday than most of those people(and I was ...WAY to much) .I am not condemning them .I KNOW what it is like and it ain't purty.Thank God for the internet where you can just turn them off...

I apologize for the commentary.....I'm glad what I wrote made sense and resonated with you.Being reasonable is a process.It all starts with being truthful.The rest will follow.
edit on 21-3-2014 by Rex282 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
If God really was involved with Noahs Ark ... he'll survive the facts.

You say 'exactly'.

So show us God surviving the facts. Explain how those issues really aren't issues.

Otherwise ... God wasn't really involved with Noahs Ark. It's just a myth.
Address the fact that there are 80,000 year old trees living in the desert south west of the USA.
Address the fact that there are 100,000 year old coral reefs, undisturbed, living in the ocean.
Address the fact that the population numbers are too high for humans to have come from Noahs ark.

Why are you so afraid to address the facts?

Answer - you are afraid God won't survive ... and therefore it's proof that the Ark didn't happen.

Address the issues.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

. in a way I respect the conviction

I know this of you AK and damn well you should if you want to hold on to her.
Just some advice and don't you ever accuse me again of not knowing who you are around
here. I ask that with a please.

For got to proof read !

edit on Rpm32114v172014u22 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

edit on Rpm32114v172014u53 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

randyvs
You facts your lies your puny knowledge are no measure against what he says.

GOD DIDN'T SAY IT
Facts are facts. They aren't 'lies'.

Do you believe that God wrote the Qu'ran as well?
Afterall ... the muslims claim he did.
And since you refuse to examine claims like that, then you must buy into the Qu'ran as well.

Address the questions ... stop running away ... face them.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Man, You sure know how to repeat yourself.

Do you believe that God wrote the Qu'ran as well?

Negative I'm a Christian.

I haven't ran away from any barage to date.
edit on Rpm32114v26201400000030 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   

randyvs
reply to post by Akragon

. in a way I respect the conviction

I know this of you AK and damn well you should if you want to hold on to her.
Just some advice and don't you ever accuse me again of not knowing who you are around
here. I ask that with a please.

For got to proof read !

edit on Rpm32114v172014u22 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

edit on Rpm32114v172014u53 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

Fair enough...

Why can't you address the issues presented by Flyersfan...

Just as she said... these stories have absolutely no bearing on the Son of God

In fact they have no relation what so ever to him... and the only relation they do have is that they are in the same book, which is composed of many books not just one single work.

Along these same lines of logic... IF we have a book from the scientific field, Lets say biological chemistry... that has 20 books on the subject of biology in it... and one book happens to state that the talking dinosaurs in the flintstones were a biological fact...

Is it logical to believe the entire book is true?

OR is it only because someone in the past claimed that God wrote the book... so it must be true

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   

randyvs
Man, You sure know how to repeat yourself.

If you'd stop running away from the questions, I wouldn't have to .
You have failed to address even one fact that counters the Noah Ark story.
Not a single one.

Negative I'm a Christian

By your logic you should believe in the Qu'ran. Supposedly God wrote that like he supposedly wrote the Old Testament. There is no difference. Both the Qu'ran and the Old Testament claim God gave the information for them ... and both are easily debunked. But if you accept, willy-nilly, the Old Testament then you must accept the Qu'ran. Both supposedly come from the same source and neither has any proof.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I have. Just not the way you or she prefers.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   

randyvs

No you haven't. Not a single one.

Address why we have 80,000 year old trees and 100,000 year old coral reefs ...
they should be dead if there was a world wide flood.

Address that. Go ahead. Have at it. Be brave ...

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

randyvs
reply to post by Akragon

God did it is not a valid answer...

We've evolved to the point where we pretty much know God doesn't involve himself in human affairs...

And we can prove certain things that are attributed to God did not ever happen...

There isn't a single shred of evidence of Noah or the ark, or a global flood...

I realise you trust in God, but this is a story... not something God did... and its a copied story, not even original to the book you're trying to hold true to...

So logically Sumerian beliefs are of God as well...

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I fail to see why not considering the context.

Get it.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

SO you are saying that God totally destroyed the planet 4300 years ago ... completely destroyed it in a flood. And then, after the flood, he went back and swept up everything all over the planet so that there was no trace of the flood? He restored everything? He put back all the trees and all the coral and he rebalanced all the oceans instantly? And he took away all evidence? So why bother with a flood? That makes no sense.

What about all the uninterrupted civilizations. Ancient Egypt. The Ancient India civilizations.
No interruptions. They continued without a blip. No destruction. No disappearance of population.
Life continued on.

IMPOSSIBLE if there was a flood that supposedly destroyed everything and everyone.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Be brave .

Define brave.

SO you are saying that God totally destroyed the planet 4300 years ago

Your words not mine.

I'm still waiting for you to see how utterly benign your persistance is here.
edit on Rpm32114v582014u10 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   

FlyersFan
If God really was involved with Noahs Ark ... he'll survive the facts.

You say 'exactly'.

So show us God surviving the facts. Explain how those issues really aren't issues.

Otherwise ... God wasn't really involved with Noahs Ark. It's just a myth.
Address the fact that there are 80,000 year old trees living in the desert south west of the USA.
Address the fact that there are 100,000 year old coral reefs, undisturbed, living in the ocean.
Address the fact that the population numbers are too high for humans to have come from Noahs ark.

Why are you so afraid to address the facts?

Answer - you are afraid God won't survive ... and therefore it's proof that the Ark didn't happen.

Address the issues.

The Bible does not say the earth is 6,000 years old. That addresses the address the facts.

Second double the number of people by two then four then eight and so on every 20 years. Get the point? Yes, the world can come from Noah's family quite easily.

Oh, and the flood. It seems they are finding things like cities and pyramids, and other structures under the oceans. Isn't that an amazing thing how they built them all hundreds of feet below the water without air tanks.

And one last thing. It didn't only rain but the "fountains of the deep were broken open." Did you know that scientists, yup, I said it, scientists claim that there are oceans under the earth surface in the mantle larger than any oceans above ground? Look that one up, it's quite fascinating. If all the water ice on earth melted it would cover the entire surface of the earth. Add to that all the water beneath the crust and there you go.

edit on 21-3-2014 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   

randyvs
Define brave.

Man up and look the facts in the face. Address them. Accept the truth of them.
Deal with it. That would be brave.

Your words not mine.

Wrong. YOU said that you believe the Old Testament = Gods word.
You've said they are one in the same.
The bible says 4300 years ago Noahs Ark happened.
So ... it's the 'word of God' according to you .. and YOUR word .. that it happened.

Address the facts ..
80,000 year old trees. 100,000 year old coral reefs.
Ancient Egyptian and Ancient India civilizations .. uninterrupted all through that time period.
People didn't die off and disappear ... nothing was destroyed in a flood.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Good points!

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

I just hold to my beliefs all the way thru because all you will get
for effort is more science telling how science lies.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Fromabove
The Bible does not say the earth is 6,000 years old.

The bible says Noahs Ark happened 4300 years ago.

That addresses the address the facts.

Not even close.

Second double the number of people by two then four then eight and so on every 20 years. Get the point? Yes, the world can come from Noah's family quite easily.

No you don't. Again .. not even close. 4300 years .. dying from inbreeding ... people dying in child birth ... dying from disease .. dying from hunger ... dying from infection ... and no genetic diversity. It doesn't work.

It seems they are finding things like cities and pyramids, and other structures under the oceans.

Land masses have moved. Oceans rise and fall. That's not a world wide flood.

If all the water ice on earth melted it would cover the entire surface of the earth. Add to that all the water beneath the crust and there you go.

If all the water under the earth was to sit on top .. and the ice melted to make oceans higher .. the crust would COLLAPSE under the weight. It didn't.

All that fails to explain the following ..

80,000 year old trees living in the desert south west.
100,000 year old coral reefs that the flood would have killed. But they live undisturbed.
Ancient egyptian and ancient indian civilizations continued uninterrupted.

Noahs Ark didn't happen.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   

randyvs
all you will get for effort is more science telling how science lies.

all you will get for your effort of clinging to that which has been proven wrong .. is more proof showing how what you are clinging to is absurd and wrong. Wrong is wrong. Noahs Ark didn't happen.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   

randyvs
reply to post by Akragon

I fail to see why not considering the context.

Get it.

Alright... lets try a different approach

The flood happened because the world was evil... God comes along and drowns everyone on the planet save 8 or so people...

Then he suddenly feels bad about it, makes a promise never to create a global flood again... Rainbows and smiles are abundant

Afterwords, his "people" are enslaved for hundreds of years... "God" sends plagues and kills more people... then he sends the angel of death to kill children, save the people that kill a lamb and paint their doors with said lambs blood.

They finally are released... he sends his people into the desert... they're followed by Ramses and his army... and "God" drowns more people In the red sea crossing.

Then off to the mountain where Moses talked to this so called "God"... He gets commandments written in stone, which are destroyed... then this God gives Moses another set... which aren't even the same as the originals he was given...

God tells his people they need to go and conquer the land promised to them... so these people go an slaughter men women and children in the name of this God they follow... And moses isn't even allowed to enter this promise land even though God promised him he would...

That is a basic outline of this so called God in the OT from noah to the end of Moses...

Then Jesus came along and says NO this isn't God... I will show you God

Do you even have to wonder why Jesus had to come?

This so called God is a ruthless tyrant... a liar... and a blood thirsty villain

The OT turns God into a lunatic with no moral or sense of justice... yet people will boldly say... Hey its God he can do what he wants

IF Jesus is the image of God as Christians claim.... You CAN NOT reconcile the OT God with Jesus...

Jesus was mercy, forgiveness... peacefulness... and the OT God is the opposite of all of these

Im sorry my friend, but you're believing in a fantasy... and not a good one either

edit on 21-3-2014 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join