It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drone crew caught attempting to deliver smokes to prison inmates

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   

The Customs and Border Protection agency flies drones, in part, to catch smugglers bringing contraband into the US, so it was just a matter of time before smugglers tried using drones themselves. Unfortunately for smugglers in Georgia, their drone got spotted and they landed in jail instead.

Four people were arrested in Calhoun, Georgia this week for using a six-rotor helicopter drone to deliver tobacco to a state prison. Operating from nearby woods, the group used binoculars to navigate the drone over the prison's fences.

The alleged perpetrators—Marc Lee Circle, Angel Omega Thomas, Aaron Clint Foster, and Donovan Aaron Johnson—were found by sheriff's deputies about an hour after a lieutenant at the Calhoun State Prison spotted the helicopter and ordered a search.

Link

Not surprised by this although I would think it would be difficult to actually accomplish without detection. Drones, just another tool for both sides to use. Wonder how long before drones are engaged in air to air combat.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
What a wonderful idea. Gotta love technology.
second line

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

It's only a matter of time before criminals use drones to deliver guns to inmates "out in the yard" in an effort to help bust their criminal friends out of prison. With that being said, it makes smuggling smokes seem pedestrian by comparison.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I wonder how much they were going to get paid for 2lb of tobacco or if it was for friends and family.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Maybe this will allow prisons to set up anti aircraft guns to counter drone fly overs.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by LeatherNLace

im glad you think so highly of the united states judicial system. Hardly do i think they would smuggle guns for one that is an extreme felony and breaking out of prison isn't very feasible these days. Think they are dropping care packages ha. Truthfully it dosent matter anyway for the right price the guards are just as flexble as a 20,000 dollar acrobat. I think its relatively ingenious to bad they didnt drop at night when thy wouldnt be spotted so that when the inmates went out in the morning they could caught a smoke or two. The majority of inmates arent violent or sexual crimes. Yet they do time just the same, kinda makes you feel great living in the old police state U.S.A.
edit on 27-11-2013 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by TechniXcality

Hardly do i think they would smuggle guns for one that is an extreme felony and breaking out of prison isn't very feasible these days.

There are people who will trying anything, even if the odds says one is stupid to try it. Doubt it will be an often tried event but someone will a time or two. Many criminals aren't known for their smarts.

edit on 11/27/2013 by roadgravel because: tags

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   

ill concede to that. In fact ive met a few myself, i wouldnt double dare in a dark alley. I think of it in a more sociological way, I think accessory for a young man who was driving and was trying to fit in a armed robbery should not be considered violent. Yet he gets 20 to 45 aggravated. At some point i guess you do stop caring the years pile up even your own mama forgets you. Or how about the drug deal that goes sour buy hits ya with a claw hammer seller defends himself and ends up killing frogy drug boy. I think both were fully aware of the legality of there dealings and one attacked the other self defense? No murder. So yea people stop caring. On the other hand is prison changing a damn thing is not just putting light weight criminals with the worst of the worst. Gladiator school style? I dunno sometimes i think about all this non sense and just cant come up with a logical reason, when we glorify the crime, but hate the criminal(Hollywood). I could say a lot on this matter but id rather not.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   

LeatherNLace

It's only a matter of time before criminals use drones to deliver guns to inmates "out in the yard" in an effort to help bust their criminal friends out of prison. With that being said, it makes smuggling smokes seem pedestrian by comparison.

guns was my guess also. Only a matter of time. What if someone drops a few grenades?

Or some drones are used as part of a prison break.. Ah Lincoln Burroughs would be proud,

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
If there was a "pictionary," for cliche's and one wanted to look up the definition of "painting yourself in a corner," the perfect picture to display would be the legislators and elected officials who believe (and acted on that belief through a vote) banning tobacco in a prison is a good thing. The only thing accomplished through this stupidity is increased violence, tension, stress, and the creation of another "black market."

Idiocy at its finest.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TechniXcality

it will only get worse as prisons become an profit center. Police owning stock in private prisons systems is just a world of wrong on the rise. It makes crooked salesmen look honest.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Lol thats just down the road lol, you would be amazed what poeple round here know.
edit on 27-11-2013 by hillbilly4rent because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by HanzHenry

You really have no idea how drones work do you?

Did you read the article? If you did you'll see that the RC Helicopter couldn't lift a person to save itself..

So now were calling RC helicopters drones now?

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Stealthbomber

You really have no idea how drones work do you?

Did you read the article? If you did you'll see that the RC Helicopter couldn't lift a person to save itself..

So now were calling RC helicopters drones now?

wasn't referring to that RC.. In general, drones being used by the drug cartels was happening BEFORE the USA started using them..

SO, perhaps YOU KNOW Jack... last name Squat

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by hillbilly4rent

frocken eh right motha frocker

edit on 28-11-2013 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   

As long as its not hard drugs i don't see the problem with this - its a rally good idea tho and one that will take off so to speak.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   

And now it's you that knows Jack Squat! Drones were used by the Cartel before the USA.. Lol give me a break.

And the reason I said what I did before was because you said they're gonna be using drones for prison escapes. Watch how well that'll pan out.

It's the same thing with people on here day in day out. Drones aren't magical.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   

roadgravel
it will only get worse as prisons become an profit center. Police owning stock in private prisons systems is just a world of wrong on the rise. It makes crooked salesmen look honest.

Prisons, both private and state-run, have been a profit center for quite some time. I live in an area were prisons are the economic base. As long as they are pumping money into the economy, they can do no wrong. A real * hole.

The prisons being a profit center is just one of a great many things totally wrong with this country -- an out-of-control, murderous, thieving government, out-of-control, thug police, prohibition(s) and victim-less crimes, one set of laws for the common man yet another set of laws for the 1% (and government and police).

Time to flush this solid-human-waste we call the federal government.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

LeatherNLace

Yeah, imagine a whole bunch of modified drones suddenly coming out of nowhere and dropping some AK47s and breakout tools in the middle of the yard. You can be sure that there are prison gangs that can afford to organize something like that, so it's just a matter of time before someone tries.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I guess that beats the old method known as "suitcasing ".
That's when someone inserts a item into his whispering eye to smuggle in to inmates.
That includes cell phones.
There are guys facebooking from prison.

new topics

top topics

join