It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wind Wind Wind and lots of Rain and Snow with no Lasting Sunlight

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   

12voltz
reply to post by Iwinder

Not suggesting you are experiencing This
But its an interesting read .
A few days without sun has negative affects on me, but luckily this changing climate( self inflicted or cyclic ,whatever your chosen belief) has given us hotter than normal conditions for most of the year. hot days and wild storms .just right
edit on 27-11-2013 by 12voltz because: (no reason given)

Thanks for the link and I am aware of the condition though I don't believe I suffer from it just yet but you never know.

I will read it in full in the morning.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   

rickymouse
reply to post by Iwinder

I live in the Upper Peninsula of michigan, stuck between Lake Superior and Lake Michigan What great lake are you around?

Southwestern Ontario right at the bottom of Lake Huron, across the creek from Port Huron Michigan.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

Winnipeg's weather has been weird too, but all over the map. From short warm winters with my tulips blooming in March to long cold ones with tulips out in June. Summers with high winds, late rain for weeks, then killer heat waves, around and around and up and down. Usually periods of good sun though, but that's Winterpeg. My garden is very protected and looks tropical (til late fall) but there always are a few plants that just don't do well in whatever weather decides to show up lately.

...I think the operant phrase for most regions is erratic and unpredictable, punctuated by major unprecedented storms. For whatever reason. Sometimes it's good to focus on what is, and work on handling it.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Thats not nice weather at all. We had nonstop rain from September to April for 3 years, and it started the same year as Fukushima. You could count the days of sunlight in all those months on one hand. That was the Fraser Valley, and yet despite its normal rain of over 80 inches a year, this was not normal, for it rained hard when it rained, but up until then it matched the same sunny days as the interior most of the time. It went from beautiful to a nightmare, and my health broke.

We moved back to the interior, semi desert and sunshine.

Something has to be causing it. There are so many abnormal weather conditions lately. Some said the weather at the coast had changed due to the volcanic ash from Iceland, which made some sense. But there must be other reasons for this change to the east.

Although it could still be volcanic, not sure about the wind though.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
About 35 volcanoes are currently erupting across the globe!
edit on 28-11-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I dunno what normal is here,but I woke up to 15 degrees celcius,turned the heat off. No snow,just green grass. Winds however,shook the house all night and many places power is out. Wind speed was 115. Felt like we went to sleep in Kansas,and were gonna wake up on top of an ugly old witch with sparkly red shoes. Pretty sure I saw a cow fly by...

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   

soficrow
reply to post by Iwinder

Winnipeg's weather has been weird too, but all over the map. From short warm winters with my tulips blooming in March to long cold ones with tulips out in June. Summers with high winds, late rain for weeks, then killer heat waves, around and around and up and down. Usually periods of good sun though, but that's Winterpeg. My garden is very protected and looks tropical (til late fall) but there always are a few plants that just don't do well in whatever weather decides to show up lately.

...I think the operant phrase for most regions is erratic and unpredictable, punctuated by major unprecedented storms. For whatever reason. Sometimes it's good to focus on what is, and work on handling it.

Thanks for the nice post and your personal observations, I agree with your Summer high winds and now they are year around.

"Erratic and Unpredictable"
Applies to this area for sure.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Something has to be causing it. There are so many abnormal weather conditions lately. Some said the weather at the coast had changed due to the volcanic ash from Iceland, which made some sense. But there must be other reasons for this change to the east.

We agree with the above quote, but what is it?

After reading through this thread I see not one poster saying its all in your imagination.

So something is happening, and if you check out the link in my OP it is still forecast to be cloudy with no chance of a sunny day for the next fifteen days.....Whoooo Hooooo! :-)

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   

AccessDenied
I dunno what normal is here,but I woke up to 15 degrees celcius,turned the heat off. No snow,just green grass. Winds however,shook the house all night and many places power is out. Wind speed was 115. Felt like we went to sleep in Kansas,and were gonna wake up on top of an ugly old witch with sparkly red shoes. Pretty sure I saw a cow fly by...

I hear you there, the stupid wind we are having is causing major damage and with the saturated ground things cannot end well for us.

Thanks for your post and personal observation.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I think it is quite valid to be concerned about apparently changing weather patterns in our lifetime - at the very least it affects crops. But if you want a slightly longer perspective our local farming family here in the UK, which has been on the same land for generations will tell you they are having to adapt.
It seems we are in for a period of greater unpredictability or even a new mini ice age. Piers Corbyn of Weather Action believes in the latter. He consistently beats the mainstream forecasters and his site is worth a look.
www.weatheraction.com...
edit on 30-11-2013 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Unity_99
Thats not nice weather at all. We had nonstop rain from September to April for 3 years, and it started the same year as Fukushima. You could count the days of sunlight in all those months on one hand. That was the Fraser Valley, and yet despite its normal rain of over 80 inches a year, this was not normal, for it rained hard when it rained, but up until then it matched the same sunny days as the interior most of the time. It went from beautiful to a nightmare, and my health broke.

We moved back to the interior, semi desert and sunshine.

Although it could still be volcanic, not sure about the wind though.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
About 35 volcanoes are currently erupting across the globe!
edit on 28-11-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

Your post above made me think of what has happened to us , we have a well (sand point) just for the yard and gardens.
Because of our high Iron content we must inject a Iron busting compound into our well as it pumps.( otherwise our rockery and driveway and fence will turn orange)
For the past 10 years we have always gone through at least 4 jugs of the stuff, this year we used one fully and when the cold weather hit we still had a two week supply of the stuff which I had to dump out.

We live on sand and it sucks the moisture right up but yet this year we really didn't need the well at all.

Thanks for your post.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Ok, Im not gonna complain about Oregon weather no more after reading what all you have posted. Ouch.

I have to go jump in my warm shower thinking about all that cold....oh wait.... they said its supposed to get 'unseasonably' cold here next week.
[but not like what you have and you can keep your Michigan wind
]

Stay warm.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   

palmalBlue2
Ok, Im not gonna complain about Oregon weather no more after reading what all you have posted. Ouch.

I have to go jump in my warm shower thinking about all that cold....oh wait.... they said its supposed to get 'unseasonably' cold here next week.
[but not like what you have and you can keep your Michigan wind
]

Stay warm.

Thanks for the great post and the laugh......

Still the fifteen day forecast is the same from toady, cloudy and breezy ......we are going mad here.
Regards, Iwinder

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join