It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sperm whale explosion caught on video

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Now own up, who farts like that in the bath? I do and I bet a lot here do as well

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
If any of you noticed the power of the blast blew out the cutting knife from the guy's hands....that was a one powerful blast of air! Dang

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

GUTSPLOSION!!!

That was so impossibly brutal, that I kept skipping back and watching it again. An umbrella would have been no defence against that visceral detonation!

The phrase "The goggles... They do nothing!" comes to mind!

Epic. This does however, make for a pretty stark reminder that dead mammals build up gas in their bodies when they have been dead for some time, as the microbial processes begin to break down the cellular bonds, freeing chemical components to assume their natural states, and where many of the bodies key components are concerned, this involves gas. With such thick skin, and a body designed to be under intense pressure, when the gas inside the whale corpse built up, it had no where to go, until clever clogs in the bright orange onsie decided to stick a knife in it!

Human beings, under the process of decomposition can build significant pressure in their abdomenal and thoracic regions, but I think the differences in the pressures which human bodies are designed to withstand, when compared to those which apply to whales, lead to our bodies dealing with this a little differently. First of all, human bodies sometimes pass gas. Sometimes it issues forth from the throat (which freaks people out, while disgusting them) and sometimes the gas passes through the anus (which just disgusts people). As a result of this, human bodies are unlikely to explode in the manner in which our whale did.

But, you can bet that if your body makes it past its use by date in one piece, you will likely pass wind after you pass on. So, heres a cheery note to close on:

Death is no garuntee of dignity!

Epic find, great thread!

edit on 27-11-2013 by TrueBrit because: grammar issue

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   

scotsdavy1
Now own up, who farts like that in the bath? I do and I bet a lot here do as well

LOL, "in the bath".

No, i am built more for showers. But in bed I am known to play a rendition of 76 Trombones.

<< 1   >>

join