It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to make Aspirin from Willow Bark

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by havok

All's good, I did see where you were coming from, it's just that not everyone is cautious, so it's probably worth stating it.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   

chr0naut

People have been poisoned by fresh peach leaf tea ...
You can also get cyanide from Peach pits, Apricot pits and Apple seeds but fortunately they aren't very palatable or digestible.

Thus proving my long held belief that not only are peaches disgusting, but bad for you as well.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   

havok
I would imagine that dosage is a bit much ...

You "imagine" what the dose would be?

But thats really the problem with home brews, isnt it?

Question: Do you poison your children, or give them something completely ineffectual?
Answer: We'll find out later, wont we...

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Personal usage for me has always been a 2 inch piece of bark infused in 6-8 oz of hot water. Never needed more than one "dose".

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Thanks so much. I've known for a long time that aspirin came from willow but did not know how to 'harvest' it.

Important stuff. F&S& : up :

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   
This is ware aspirin comes from!
and not bad for the tummy

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Well alfa1, since you created a picture just for my taken-out-of-context quote and decided to make an antagonistic mockery of it, I would like to thank you for being such an intelligent artist. Your useless post has a nice straight forward approach to my apparently wrong information. Here I thought you were better than that.

Had you actually rendered the drawing correctly, it would have had willow bark in a cup, resembling tea and saying not to exceed 4 doses a day. My personal thoughts would be excluded from packaging because I did not create the willow tree or the process to obtain the pain relief from it. Therefore it would be more accurate to my badly edited quote. Even though I believe aspirin may be detrimental to ones health if taken more than 4 times a day as well. I would surmise that only because I don't actually know the dosage limit off the top of my head (maybe 8 pills a day?) and common sense tells me that moderation is key.

So thanks again for making such a great picture.
You are an experienced contributor and your posts set an example to other newer users on how to make ATS a better community full of ideas and information.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by havok

Much" more" easily prepared

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I probably lost count of the years I stopped taking aspirin....

....A healthy diet is all you need really (you don't even need dietary supplements). If you got it right, you probably won't get sick anymore, a lot if not, all chronic pains will be eliminated.

edit on 30-11-2013 by ahnggk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

Hello Soficrow.. Glad the thread was of use to you. Hope you well..

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Pick up a copy of Peterson's Field Guide to Medicinal Plants and Herbs. Plant descriptions/photos, where to find, how to prepare, and possible dangers (side effects).
Also the Guide to Edible Plants. Good additions to anyone's prep library.

<< 1   >>

join