It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Billboards Declare Prayer, Bibles Not Helping Disaster Victims

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   

reject
None of those things help one bit.

They can just shove it; less to worry about.

Good to know those that survived the disaster in the Philippines are all spoken for.
edit on 27-11-2013 by zillah because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   

luciddream
reply to post by undo

How does Atheism devalues a human life? or looks at Humans as animals?

I didn't realize so many on the other side had such a problem connecting the dots . . . incredible.

1. WHEN a philosophy construes reality such that . . .

mankind = NOTHING MORE THAN

--a rat
--a pigeon
--a radish
or
--a rock

. . . which is the INESCAPABLE NECESSARY conclusion from strictly and ONLY

CHANCE + TIME = ordered organisms etc.

What other conclusion is possible than that

ATHEISM DEVALUES HUMAN LIFE.

On the one side, mankind is the treasured, Beloved, highest Creation of an ALMIGHTY CREATOR. That's a rather lofty status.

On the other side, ALL is meaningless chance clustered bits resulting inexplicable and irrationally from CHANCE PLUS TIME--and a far toooooo inadequate amount of time, even given their presuppositions, at that.

Elementary, my dear Watson.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Nonsense.

The idea that Hitler seriously considered himself a "Christian" while actively being a satanist is totally absurd.

Regardless, he was the worst pseudo-Christian of that era.

He was certainly not remotely close to an intrinsic, authentic Christian.

And pretending he SHOULD REASONABLY REPRESENT AUTHENTIC CHRISTIANS

is absurd disingenuousness to the max.

However, given the mindless cheering of the anti-Christian folks hereon, I'm sure many will turn their brains off long enough to agree with such outrageous associations and allegations.

What unmitigated nonsense.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   

ghostfacekilah00

Grimpachi
reply to post by ghostfacekilah00

The billboards did not cost the organization or its donors. So the message was posted without cost which means that's more money they can contribute to the cause.

After losing everything but the clothes on your back nothing feels up a stomach, provides shelter overhead, or keeps you warm like a bible and rosary. End sarcasm.

I don't have any problem with the ones actually helping but diverting money for bibles and rosaries is not helping and I doubt that 99% of the people who donated that money through those organizations thought it would be used that way.
edit on 26-11-2013 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

Yeah I don't think you understand how billboards work. You have to pay a monthly fee for the billboard space. I'm guessing you're trying to make it seem like this atheist group spends 100% of its funds on disaster relief? Yeah right.

OK wow on page one I posted it twice and on page five I had to post again for someone who ignored page one and the article so here you go I have posted it again directly from page one. I wonder how many other people will fail to read this and make the same mistake.

This is from the source article.

The billboards did not cost the organization or its donors. So the message was posted without cost which means that's more money they can contribute to the cause.

BTW the group has not tried to become a separate entity and collect funds for the disaster relief instead they have set their page up and recommended/vetted worthwhile charity’s for people to donate to that way efforts and funds are not split up. There are other groups who would take advantage of the tragedy and set things up to take in money then funnel a percent of that to the worthwhile charity’s but places that do that are mostly lining their pockets. As I have already stated one of those they recommend donating to is religiously affiliated so the ones whining that this is about bashing religion are way off the mark.

It’s about getting help to people who need it not sending ice to Eskimos or the equivalent.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   

zillah

Grimpachi
The main issue is getting the needed funds and help to those who need it and not diverting it to things for proselytization in a country that’s already in the top three of the world as being catholic. The organization is not saying don’t give they want you to give but they would like you to give to organizations that will provide the relief needed by those effected not just the type of relief you or a church would like them to have.

Just because many of them already are believers doesn't mean that Bibles and rosaries aren't appreciated. It's very uplifting, in times of trouble, for a Christian to be able to open his or her Bible and read passages that might raise their hope and spirits. It renews their faith in God and the Son.

God loves them so much he smited 5,000 plus. That's so uplifting. Sending Bibles to the world’s third most Catholic nation. Sending Ice to Eskimos that's a real help I tell ya.

As already stated once before the church has received billions in donations from that country I guess they should be thankful the church sent anything back.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
i would like to state for the record that i think the topic of whether you view a human as a spiritual being encased in a mammalian body, or just a mammal body, plays directly into whether you would find things like bibles and rosaries useful in a disaster.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
gentiles are cows, or so says the babylonian talmud. we're a herd of animals, they said. i honestly disagree with them, although a case can be made that we have pack behavior. this is an artifact of being in a mammal body. however, to state that that is all we are -- cows, is over the top and i think this particular teaching is the foundation for the current strain of evolution

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   

BO XIAN

"Atheism is, in a broad sense, the rejection of belief in the existence of deities. In a narrower sense, atheism is specifically the position that there are no deities. Most inclusively, atheism is simply the absence of belief that any deities exist."

Nope.
Nothing about devaluing life in there.
However the Christian Medical Fellowship is pushing for After-Birth Abortions.
They call them "mercy killings".
So, that statement comes across as a bit conflicted to me.

-Peace-
edit on 27-11-2013 by Eryiedes because: Typo

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

zillah

Grimpachi
Next will be someone commenting on the cost of the billboard. Reading the entirety of Ops has become rare even rarer has been those who actually read the pages in the thread before posting. It gets boring answering the same questions. I will be back later today to read replies.

I actually asked you, in my first post to point out, specifically, where Atheists.org donated to the Philippines disaster. But you ignored that.

Where are the reports of what Atheism.org donated to the Philippines disaster? I see on their page that they take donations, so somewhere there must be a statement of where that money goes.

I clicked on the donation link provided in the article. On their page, instead, one gets whisked away to a page that provides a trio of disaster relief aids - Humanitist, Red Cross and Medecins Sans Frontieres.

So, instead of doing their own part (because they do take donations), they choose to attack people who, even if they didn't agree with the donation, did, in fact, donate? It seems to me that these billboards are nothing but their own personal agenda, out to prove Christians misguided and wrong and uncaring.
edit on 27-11-2013 by zillah because: (no reason given)

I guess you can try to fault them in not setting up a separate fund under their name for people to donate to disaster relief of course that would cause another seat to be filled and money to be paid for those who set up the fund manage the fund and ultimately disperse the funds. That sounds like something people are used to seeing and people would have to be naïve to think somewhere in that long line that money didn’t become misappropriated or mismanaged. I would expect someone’s pockets get lined I mean that’s what usually happens. I can’t even count how many times I have heard or read about organizations setting up their own little charities by law they do get a fee.

OR

American Atheists can endorse groups they have already vetted and that already have the supply lines and a good reputation for doing the right thing. The group could put up links to those organizations and not take a fee they could do it out of concern and kindness.

Oh but someone may find fault with that right? Opps yup someone sure did.

So tell me why should the atheist group set up a separate charity for disaster relief why would that be better than say them telling people to donate to the Red Cross?

edit on 27-11-2013 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   

undo
reply to post by luciddream

okay, let's say we have 2 guides on how to deal with human beings, from a government perspective.

one guide says, human life is sacred. the guys that wrote this guide, occasionally do stuff that doesn't look like the actually believe that. but overall, it has kept the genocidal behavior of governments who use it, at a dull roar.

the other guide says, human life is not sacred and is only as valuable as their role in or value to, the state. these guys, more often than not, prove that is what they believe.
overall, governments who use this guide, are currently responsible for the worst atrocities and genocides in human history.

and their favorite, favorite, targets are their fellows. they are like sith lords. nobody trusts anybody because they know in their hearts, that that means their life is just as cheap as the 15 million people starved to death in the ukraine

ABSOLUTELY INDEED.

I realize so many hereon are horribly ignorant of history along with ignorant about values generally and Christianity and authentic relationships with God particularly.

However, to fail to know and understand your points indicates a disasterously poor education.

And probably . . . a very shabby use of logic.

Sigh.

BTW, Thanks for your many excellent posts on this thread.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

undo

. . . it doesn't apply to atheism beyond the position that humans are merely animals. when you devalue the sacredness of human life, when you relegate the whole man to be the sum total of his mammal body, you run the risk of vaders and palpatines and the ilk. if you convince a megalomaniac of the mammal story, not only will he use it to kill your enemies, he'll use it to kill you and everybody you love.

ABSOLUTELY INDEED.

What part of

the Atheist dogma that man = NOTHING more than a rat, a pigeon, a radish or a rock

do people find so difficult to wrap their narrow, rigid, horribly biased little brains around? Sigh.

BELIEFS HAVE CONSEQUENCES!

VALUES HAVE CONSEQUENCES!

CHOICES HAVE CONSEQUENCES!

Life is not the chaos the globalists have been working so hard so long to create.

One still cannot plant cacti and reasonably expect to harvest peaches and bonbons.

Gads the denseness on this thread is worse than the common average on so many hostile-to-Christianity threads.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

You are abso-frking-lutly right!!

Lets list how Atheism treats humans...

-Women are inferior
-You can own slaves
-Kill whoever questions Atheism
-Burn people if they don't believe in Atheism
-Kill children for Bad Behavior

Damn Atheism YOU BAD!! You Devalue Human Lives!!!

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Eryiedes

BO XIAN

"Atheism is, in a broad sense, the rejection of belief in the existence of deities. In a narrower sense, atheism is specifically the position that there are no deities. Most inclusively, atheism is simply the absence of belief that any deities exist."

Nope.
Nothing about devaluing life in there.

HOGWASH. Now you are trying to pretend that

BELIEFS AND VALUES HAVE NO IMPLICATIONS, NO CONSEQUENCES.

What multiverse, galactic cluster, planet are you part of?

On this one, VALUES, BELIEFS ALWAYS HAVE CONSEQUENCES.

In the above case . . . THE DEVALUING OF HUMAN LIFE IS INHERENT IN THE BELIEF THAT

MAN IS NOTHING MORE THAN A RAT, A PIGEON, A RADISH OR A ROCK!

It is INHERENT in those words, those concepts you listed as the sum total of atheist belief. You may pretend you can divorce one from the other but it won't wash.

That's like saying you can go scuba diving nude and not get wet. . . . or more . . . like saying water is not wet. Incredible.

The ATHEIST BELIEFS ABOUT GOD AUTOMATICALLY DEVALUES MANKIND AS LESS THAN GOD'S TREASURED CREATION. It's inherent.

If you can't or won't understand that, then I can't imagine having a rational discussion with you. It's like speaking or writing English to you and you responding with gibberish.

However the Christian Medical Fellowship is pushing for After-Birth Abortions.
They call them "mercy killings".
So, that statement comes across as a bit conflicted to me.

-Peace-

How many times do I need to note that

INTRINSIC AUTHENTIC CHRISTIANITY IS 180 DEGREES DIFFERENT FROM EXTRINSIC PSEUDO-"CHRISTIANITY?"

All manner of hideous things have been obscured by the "Christian" label.

You deplore when folks assign inaccurate things to atheism yet you seem to rush in with a full brass band to do it re "Christianity."

Sweet.

I've long known that plenty of atheists were worse hypocrites than so many pretending to be "Christian."

It's still incredible to see it paraded so brazenly.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Evidently all your mirrors are still broken.

Evidently logic and understanding are still foreign experiences on these issues and topics.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Rigid, uninformed, undiscerning, unaware, narrow biases are not wise.

Fascinating that you would say this. Not surprising, but fascinating.

"Rigid, uninformed, undiscerning, unaware, narrow biases" are.....
how I would describe someone with your worldview.

Just sayin'.
Professor, school thyself.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

You seem to come across a bit larger than life while standing on your soapbox but once you step off of it...you're the exact same as me.
Stop trying to pretend you are different or better.

-Peace-

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

in a purely atheistic culture, you would be one of the first to die. see, survival of the fittest dictates that the truly crazy and animalistic, are at the top. and they don't want competition. they don't want anyone who might figure out they are insane or how to wrench control from their hands. so rather than having a pecking order, they have a handful of elites, who are mostly all of the same racial background, who have them at the top and everyone else many rungs down the ladder.

i hear that people think it's a pyramid. nope. that's a pecking order. purely atheist societies don't "evolve" into pecking orders. they evolve into hard core totalitarian states where only slobbering sheep like religious people who worship them like gods, manage to survive the culling

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

If you can't or won't understand that, then I can't imagine having a rational discussion with you. It's like speaking or writing English to you and you responding with gibberish.

Now Bo I know I have told you this before but the way you post it comes out as gibberish. Honestly it reads in a way where your message is incoherent. Do you have something against paragraphs or single color text? I can’t bear to read your posts most of the time and I know I am not alone with that.
Can you just try once for me to string a few coherent thoughts together? I would appreciate it. I may even respond to you once in a while.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

so if this is strictly an atheist nation,

Um, how do you read "Deist" as, erm....atheist?

Deists are not atheists.

And this country was founded as a SECULAR NATION. MANY of the Founding Fathers were DEISTS. LL is exactly right.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

It would seem you are confusing Atheism for Darwinism.

-Peace-

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join