It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed Robber’s Family Is Angry After He Is Shot Robbing A Dollar Store!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Jodash

refer to the post I made above yours.
The guy that robbed that store did not legally own a gun
but fortunately the guy he robbed did. Although it is not said in the linked report everyone including police and members of the black community said that shooting him most likely saved the lives of future victims because he was becoming more violent and bold with each robbery.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by midnightstar

Has any one proff read what they are posting befor they hit reply?

It's certainly obvious that you didn't!

now how about DOING SOMETHING TO START FIXING THE CAUSE of this GROWING US problem.
OOO I dont know teaching ((or reteaching people to have pride in them self would be a good place to start .

That's the parents responsibility, not society's.

You honstly think your so much better then the thug witth the gun when you post I hope he stays in pain they should all be shot??

Actions speak louder than words, so I KNOW that I AM A LOT BETTER, AS A PERSON, THAN ANY THUG IS.

Now you SEE were these thugs GET IT FROM YOU

Nope! They don't "GET IT FROM" us. They get it from people, like you, that don't believe in personal responsibility.

Get people toghter clean up the area put a sence or pride back there and watch the are once again become livible .
Its has been done in the past when people said ENOUGH and worked toghter to change teh area and reteach pride Which judging by some of these replys is in SHORT supply on this thread

What's wrong with them cleaning up their own damn yards? As it is, they don't even try. They'd rather rob people, play "The Knockout Game", and then, like you, blame their actions on people that they know nothing about.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Revolution9
You have too many ghettos U.S; Places full of the people you once enslaved! Look there to discover why things are so bad now. Still you treat these people with contempt like they are animals (as many posters here have clearly let us know the inhumanity of their attitudes socially). What a turn off.

Oh good grief.

There are options. There are solutions.

Better yourself. Get an education. Get a job. Get a car. Work hard. Move into a better neighborhood. Teach your children to better themselves. Assure they receive a better education than what you received. Encourage their minds and dreams. Save what you can to help put them through college.

Evolve beyond what your ancestors did, what your parents did. Take the steps to become a respectable human being. Ensure your children do the same. And their children...and so on.

A better life is not going to be just magically handed over to you. It requires some effort on the part of those who really want a change.

No one has to sit around and play victim unless they want to. Because complaining about being victimized once upon a time really doesn't solve any issues...it just breeds more contempt.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jessintn

Was my reply difficult to understand? Read it again. You and I are basically saying the same thing, from the same side of the issue.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   

midnightstar
now how about DOING SOMETHING TO START FIXING THE CAUSE of this GROWING US problem.
OOO I dont know teaching ((or reteaching people to have pride in them self would be a good place to start .

Teaching people about pride in themselves starts IN the family. Obviously, this family has lost that somewhere along the way. When certain things are broken, they are just broken. You can't fix them, that includes people.

We don't have an entitlement generation, we have an entitlement society. People want things free and easy even if that means harming someone else to get what they want.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Jodash

sorry,
I think i may have not worded what I was trying to relay, I was pointing out that your post was supported by the story I posted about.
I was agreeing with you.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
obviously the reason he became a criminal is because he was raised in a home and an environment that condones,supports and encourages criminal activity.some people just shouldn`t be allowed to have kids.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by midnightstar

This is my fault buddy, I didn't properly fill in the members of ATS on the rules of the new America.
So here goes; hear ye, from this day forth whenever you find yourself being robbed, raped or beaten or witness another citizen undergoing said treatment you are to: first consider all the conditions of the perpetrators upbringing and current living conditions, maybe he wasn't as privileged as you, you elitist bastard. Second, take no action whatsoever in your own self defense or your fellow citizens, you racist, murderous lunatic. Finally, banish all critical thinking from your head, how do you know the race of the robber, maybe you're just a racist.

Our new catch phrase is "Criminals, the true victims of crime." When in doubt, bury your head in the sand.
edit on 27-11-2013 by hammanderr because: grammar

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   

solarstorm
The mother needs to be shot.

LOL!!!

Thanks. That made my day.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   

look at his mugshot and tell me he is going to be a productive member to this society..
reply to post by FirePiston

Yeah, he has attitude written all over his face. I thought the same thing.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Revolution9
reply to post by HomerinNC

What else is this young man's MOTHER going to say? She is his mother! Many replies here are racially profiling this incident.

Caucasian Americans do this kind of thing, too. Caucasian people have to suffer growing up in ghettos, too. American has too many ghettos. Here in the UK there are poor places, but nothing on the scale of what you have there. I wonder why that is? It's not that the U.S is poorer per head of population; it must be something else.

I think the U.S gun culture is making life much more miserable and full of horror for you. Desperate people who have access to weaponry are bound to express themselves in desperate ways. Yet most Americans want to keep this gun culture.

The equation is that while there are so many desperate people who have access to guns these incidents will continue.

Some of the replies I have read here indicate the hatred, lack of care, and inhumane attitudes to people who have to suffer ghetto life. Some people appear totally ignorant of how growing up desperately in a ghetto will twist someone enough to be capable of violent crime.

Ghettos are the real crime. The real crime is that nations don't care enough about their own and the symptom is the existence of ghettos.

You have too many ghettos U.S; Places full of the people you once enslaved! Look there to discover why things are so bad now. Still you treat these people with contempt like they are animals (as many posters here have clearly let us know the inhumanity of their attitudes socially). What a turn off.

Have an Elvis video. At least Elvis knew why all this bad stuff happens;

"People don't you understand
This Child needs a HELPING HAND
He'll grow to be an angry young man some day.
I take a look at you and me
Are we too blind to see
Or do we simply turn our heads
And look the other way..."

First off if this had been a white kid it would recive the same reaction, secondly this kid is not part of the gun culture, he is a thug that used a gun for a tool to commit a crime, people in the gun culture use guns for recreation, to put food on the table,any many other reasons and yes even to protect themselves and others from thugs that use them for bad things. This is not about race and definitely not the way people that respect guns use them.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Revolution9

"Ghettos are the real crime. The real crime is that nations don't care enough about their own and the symptom is the existence of ghettos"

Maybe you should look up where "Ghettos" came from where they started and what they were for

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Having seen cases like this in the news and listened to the responses on both sides of the issue, the following can be stated:

The first thing that comes to my mind, when I see the reports and listen to what is stated is this: but it isn’t my fault…
From the point of view of the suspects family, it is never their fault or the fault of their child, that their child is always an innocent victim in all of this.

The sad part is that this young adult, is an adult, he had a choice. He did not have to go out that night, nor did he have to take a weapon, or go into a store and point a weapon at another human being. What would his mother had stated if he shot the employee? Would her tune still be he is so innocent?

The reality of the situation, no matter of the country, is that it does not matter what the persons lot in life is. It does not matter if they are rich or poor, if they live in a ghetto, or the suburbs, they have to take responsibility for their actions, and their life.

Funny you should mention Elvis, cause if you know anything of the man, you would know that he was born in poverty, on the wrong side of the tracks. He was born in a ghetto, did not get everything he wanted. Yet this man, instead of bemoaning his lot in life, did something with it, to become a successful recording artist and a superstar. Even taking a break when his country called him to go into the Army.

People are quick to blame the laws, the “gun culture” for the problems of the country. The reality is that the very idea of the “gun culture” is simply rhetoric by the politicians to gather votes. People are going to commit crimes, no matter if they have access to guns or not. So, if you state that if the suspect did not have access to a gun he would not have committed a crime. Well I counter, that if he did not access to a gun, there is a chance that he would have used another weapon, say a knife or a bat or a brick, or any other kind of weapon to commit a crime. And according to the news reports, this suspect already has a record, so how is that going to change? People are going to commit crimes, there is no real way to stop that.

And as sad as it may seem, it is the fault of society. Jails and prisons are no longer the places where people fear to go. Perhaps if we made the threat of jail and prison actually be harsh again, where the threat of going to such to be an actual punishment and not just a place where a person gets to live and get fed three times a day, where the conditions were hard and rough, and people did not want or were afraid to go, then it may keep an honest person honest, and prevent people from being tempted to break the law.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

The good Samaritan should have shot to kill.

Do you see what is wrong with this sentence ?

OT:- If you are going to rob a store, aim higher than a dollar store. Geez, criminals be getting so dumb
edit on 28-11-2013 by Tidnabnilims because: pun totally intended

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Tch, I couldn't help but laugh at this pathetic simple boy. A dollar store? really? aiming for the stars now are we? aha and the mother, ugh, she has her nerve to say the man who was protecting everyone should have "left and minded his own business" -- I wouldn't be surprised if she encouraged the boy to steal considering they both seem to be mentally incompetent.

~Sovereign

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Tidnabnilims

Actually, the dollar store is probably raking in the dough these days. Who can afford to shop anywhere else?

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I don't like gun violence and I'm not sure everyone having a gun and a return to the wild, wild west is the best solution, but....having said that. If you pull a gun on someone you better be prepared to have one pulled on you and you better not whine about being shot! That should be criminal education 101.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

meh, I'm still willing to believe a single rack in a half decent jewellers is worth more than a days takings in a dolla store. Like I said, they arent aiming higher than 'how much cash can I fit in my pocket' kind of robbery.

Youth of today - No Ambition !

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Elvis Presly was my favorite Entertainer.
He also had a song entitled CLEAN UP YOUR OWN BACK YARD.
Maybe you should listen to the LYRICS to that one.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Please excuse my fellow Brit Revoloution9 for being a limp liberal who sounds like the sort of person who says Radical Muslims are just misjudged people.

His read of the situation was so far out of touch it was embarrassing.

Presumption - Ghetto Kid
Cheap old wasted excuse - Enslavement
Gross daftness - what she said was right.

Do you not realise that even IF he was on welfare he actually would live at a higher standard than I do.

His choice of a criminal life has nothing to do with enslavement (simply unbelievable), he chose it because its quick and brings home more than honest work. I suspect the IQ level of the whole family is low based upon their reaction and his choice but again that isn't because of enslavement, its because they chose not to apply themselves and drop out.

I'd bet he's a gang member, that COULD be because of peer pressure BUT its a choice you make and have to live by.

The fact his family are condoning his way of life proves to me that as parents they have failed, they have allowed him to become what is now turning in to a stereotypical young black male. It disgusts me that this seems to be the case, Martin Luther King went through horrible times, he fought hard to get education in a society that looked down on him but he succeeded despite having NONE of the scholastic choices these kids today have.

He wanted such a bright future but youth of today just want the easy life, sadly Black youth seem to do it and throw up the race card as their excuse.

MLK must be turning in his grave, a brave great man who fought for their freedoms and rights and they repay him with this.

Utterly disgusting..

So Revoloution9, wake up and smell the real world, this PC view you have is warped and wrong, stop giving every bad person an excuse, sometimes the only reason they are that way is because they want to be.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join