It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Francis rips capitalism and trickle-down economics to shreds in new policy statement

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   

theantediluvian
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Oh boy, I can see the threads now:

The New Pope is a Communist!
Pontiff Pol Pot!
The Obama-Pope Francis NWO
Is the Pope doing to the Catholic Church what Obama is doing to America?
Will the new Pope-mobile be a Prius?

I like this Pope a lot more than the last one.

Funny how you were the first to say it...one who doesn't believe it, yet thinks it immediately. Okay, I'll agree with your thoughts.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   

benrl
I like what he says, but Ill watch what he does.

The Vatican has some massive resources they are sitting on, lets seem them sell their land holdings and riches, and give it to the poor.

You know, like what Christ said.

Exactly what John Paul the first intended and He was popped off quickly to prevent him from doing so, a forgotten conspiracy as there were very strong rumours he had been murdered.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I having been following Francis closely and to me, he is a breath of fresh air.

APOSTOL IC EXHORTATION EVANGELII GAUDIUM OF THE HOLY FATHER FRANCIS TO THE BISHOPS, CLERGY, CONSECRATED PERSONS AND THE LAY FAITHFUL ON THE PROCLAMATION OF THE GOSPEL IN TODAY’S WORLD

There is quite a bit here. What the MSM picks and chooses is only one issue. Of course, it would be about $$$. In a world where money matters more than people, somebody needed to clarify what really is important and it's not Satan's big tool - Mammon. Long live Pope Francis!

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Thumbs up on the new pope...and I'm not even Catholic.

I read some post on here he still has not fixed some big problems with the Vatican. True but how long has he had the job? How long has the Vatican been around? Probably more than a few entrenched vested interests I'm guessing. The man does not get cart blanch even though he is the figure head.

With something like this, he is a force for the better, not a magician. I support his efforts.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Pope Francis is too dumb to realise he is being used. This is simply stage 1 in the finality of Christianity right across the World. Once that is disposed of, Guess who then takes the seat of Religious Leadership....Worldwide

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
It is great that the Pope teaches these so called “ Christians" what they suppose to believe in and pracice.

I posted a thread with numerous( underneath) versus in the bible saying God abhors the greedy and those that don’t care for the poor and downtrodden.
The thread was buried. I CANT EVEN FIND IT!

People don’t like to hear the truth

THEY CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!

Here are examples of what the Bible says about the poor:
Jibe these versus how we know these people to behave!

Jesus said: Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."

Proverbs 29:7 “The righteous care about justice for the poor, but the wicked have no such concern.”
Deuteronomy 15:10 “Give generously to him and do so without a grudging heart; then because of this the LORD your God will bless you in all your work and in everything you put your hand to.”
Psalm 41:1 “Blessed is he who has regard for the weak; the LORD delivers him in times of trouble.”
Proverbs 19:17 “He who is kind to the poor lends to the LORD, and he will reward him for what he has done.”
Proverbs 22:9 “A generous man will himself be blessed, for he shares his food with the poor.”
Isaiah 58:10 "And if you spend yourselves in behalf of the hungry and satisfy the needs of the oppressed, then your light will rise in the darkness, and your night will become like the noonday."
Jeremiah 7:5-7 "If you really change your ways and your actions and deal with each other justly, if you do not oppress the alien, the fatherless or the widow and do not shed innocent blood in this place, and if you do not follow other gods to your own harm, then I will let you live in this place, in the land I gave your forefathers for ever and ever."
Matthew 19:20 “‘All these I have kept,’ the young man said. ‘What do I still lack?’ Jesus answered, ‘If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.’"
Luke 14:12-14 "Then Jesus said to his host, ‘When you give a luncheon or dinner, do not invite your friends, your brothers or relatives, or your rich neighbors; if you do, they may invite you back and so you will be repaid. But when you give a banquet, invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, the blind, and you will be blessed. Although they cannot repay you, you will be repaid at the resurrection of the righteous.’"
Luke 12:33-34 "Sell your possessions and give to the poor. Provide purses for yourselves that will not wear out, a treasure in heaven that will not be exhausted, where no thief comes near and no moth destroys. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."
Proverbs 14:31 “He who oppresses the poor shows contempt for their Maker, but whoever is kind to the needy honors God.”
Isaiah 10:1-3 " Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar? To whom will you run for help? Where will you leave your riches?”
Jeremiah 5:28 “‘Their evil deeds have no limit; they do not plead the case of the fatherless to win it, they do not defend the rights of the poor. ‘Should I not punish them for this?’ declares the LORD. ‘Should I not avenge myself on such a nation as this?’”
Amos 5:12 “For I know how many are your offenses and how great your sins. You oppress the righteous and take bribes and you deprive the poor of justice in the courts.”
Luke 6:24 " But woe to you who are rich, for you have already received your comfort."
Proverbs 14:31 “He who oppresses the poor shows contempt for their Maker, but whoever is kind to the needy honors God.”
Proverbs 19:17 “He who is kind to the poor lends to the LORD, and he will reward him for what he has done.”
1 John 3:17 But if someone who is supposed to be a Christian has money enough to live well, and sees a brother in need, and won't help him--how can God's love be within him
John 3:18 Little children, let us stop just saying we love people; let us really love them, and show it by our actions.
1 Sam. 2:8 He lifts the poor from the dust-- Yes, from a pile of ashes-- And treats them as princes sitting in the seats of honor. For all the earth is the Lord's And he has set the world in order.
Prov. 19:17 When you help the poor you are lending to the Lord--and he pays wonderful interest on your loan!
Prov. 14:31 Anyone who oppresses the poor is insulting God who made them. To help the poor is to honor God.
James 1:27 The Christian who is pure and without fault, from God the Father's point of view, is the one who takes care of orphans and widows, and who remains true to the Lord--not soiled and dirtied by his contacts with the world.
Psa. 82:3 Give fair judgment to the poor man, the afflicted, the fatherless, the destitute.
Psa 82:4 Rescue the poor and helpless from the grasp of evil men.
Prov. 28:27 If you give to the poor, your needs will be supplied! But a curse upon those who close their eyes to poverty.

edit on 26-11-2013 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Willtell

Wow! That is quite a comprehensive list. Thank you for posting it.

Christians know these, but they fall prey to consumerism. The media tells you what you have to look like, wear, drive, etc. It's keep up with the Joneses and thoughts of helping the poor, lonely and others who suffer goes right out the window.

2. The great danger in today’s world, pervaded as it is by consumerism, is the desolation and anguish born of a complacent yet covetous heart, the feverish pursuit of frivolous pleasures, and a blunted conscience. Whenever our interior life becomes caught up in its own interests and concerns, there is no longer room for others, no place for the poor. God’s voice is no longer heard, the quiet joy of his love is no longer felt, and the desire to do good fades. This is a very real danger for believers too. Many fall prey to it, and end up resentful, angry and listless. That is no way to live a dignified and fulfilled life; it is not God’s will for us, nor is it the life in the Spirit which has its source in the heart of the risen Christ.

EVANGEL II GAUDIUM

Won't see the MSM touching this one.

edit on 11/26/2013 by sad_eyed_lady because: The post won't print the word window,

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

Lady, these people are the most loathsome hypocrites and selfish greedy people the world has and will ever see!

Here for the first time in human history we could put people on the moon and go to Mars and we don’t as a race do the basics in feeding ALL OF THE PEOPLE WHO ARE STARVING TO DEATH EVERYDAY WHILE WE PLAY WITH OUT IPADS! That’s right… the whole world! Right now! No excuses.

If there are children anywhere, any place starving, ALL the countries should forget anything and tend to that issue, period! We have the technology to easily do it.

God, if you will, has given man the power.
And he doesn’t put forth this effort in the least, no HE WASTES TIME ON SPORT AND PLAY and the arrogance of me…with the delusion that all these rich people have independently earned their wealth. What a joke.

And the dumb ass Indians, who have children on the street begging, went to Mars!

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   

a crude and naïve trust in the goodness of those wielding economic power

Truer words were never spoken- this is exactly what's wrong with the world today.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Did he already fix the child molestation issue or is he jumping into capitalism first?

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   

interupt42
Did he already fix the child molestation issue or is he jumping into capitalism first?

Seems you want to deflect this issue so that you can keep a system that only benefits 1%. Child molestation is also an important question but I think a part of that problem would be solved if we had an equal system so the predators with money cannot use it to prey on children.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   

LittleByLittle

interupt42

Seems you want to deflect this issue so that you can keep a system that only benefits 1%.

Wow, you got all that from my one question?

It would appear to me that the Vatican has had a REAL issue with child molestation.

Therefore , perhaps the one doing the deflection is the one talking about Capitalism while holding a rather large banking account that is part of the .5 % and ignoring its own issues.

edit on 26-11-2013 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Willtell
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

Lady, these people are the most loathsome hypocrites and selfish greedy people the world has and will ever see!

Here for the first time in human history we could put people on the moon and go to Mars and we don’t as a race do the basics in feeding ALL OF THE PEOPLE WHO ARE STARVING TO DEATH EVERYDAY WHILE WE PLAY WITH OUT IPADS! That’s right… the whole world! Right now! No excuses.

If there are children anywhere, any place starving, ALL the countries should forget anything and tend to that issue, period! We have the technology to easily do it.

God, if you will, has given man the power.
And he doesn’t put forth this effort in the least, no HE WASTES TIME ON SPORT AND PLAY and the arrogance of me…with the delusion that all these rich people have independently earned their wealth. What a joke.

And the dumb ass Indians, who have children on the street begging, went to Mars!

You have your priorities/values in order.
"...Thy will be done or Earth as it in Heaven." Starts with you and me.

I do know people who lay down their lives in service to others, but they are too few an far between. Things better change fast because the government isn't going to be daddy much longer.

God couldn't have made it any clearer when you read all the biblical quotes you shared.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   
If the powerhouse countries of the world were still God fearing, things would be more likely to change because of the things the Pope says.

Unfortunately, the only powerful figures our governments listen to now are printed on currency

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by theantediluvian

Carlo Azeglio Ciampi attempted to assassinate Pope John Paul II in 1981.

Funny, because I was just thinking about how radical Pope John Paul was in his early years, and how much he contributed over his lifetime.

I believe he was one of the most travelled people in history, and he has credits of uniting Muslim and Christianity in a way never attempted before. (Among a bunch of other accomplishments.)

The only downside to his reign I guess was with the new vigour for the catholic church, a good number of creepy priests abused their positions with the fame.

In any case, I like Francis. First few things I heard from him I didn't think much, but as an individual he sounds like the real deal. Not to mention he backed it up with action by stopping the million dollar additions to popeland.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 03:12 AM
link   
The Catholic Church child sex-abuse has totaled $573 million+

I wonder how many starving children that would have feeded?

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   

bjax9er
What countries economy is capitalistic?

What country uses a trickle down theory?

Name one!

It sure as hell isn't America, not anymore.

Though when it was, it brought more people the world over, out of poverty than any other form of economics.

No amount of top down iron fisted economic planning will do what America accomplished in its first 200 years.

I wouldn't even be typing on this iPhone if it weren't for capitalism.

Capitalism is BOSS!
edit on 26-11-2013 by bjax9er because: Edit

No, Capitalism isn't "BOSS"

I could reel out dozens of disadvantages to Capitalism that I'd be here all day, but I'll chuck out a few before my dinner finishes in 5 minutes;

Inequality
War
Pollution
Dictatorships in the work work - Low wage work force, held by their balls because theres no work
Propaganda - False advertising
Huge amounts of waste (Food)
Starvation
Greed
Undemocratic - Governments only listening to big business
Monopolies over industry

I could keep going on and could elaborate more, but I don't have the time.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Xcathdra

I really don't think the Pope should be throwing rocks while he is living inside a glass house.

Vatican banking scandal...
Vatican's refusal on child molestation over the years...

to name just a few scandals...

For a religious person I would have thought he would know the old adage don't judge unless ye be judged yourself.

unless the Pope himself is a molester or involved in the banking scandal, why ?

And, since those 2 things happened, should the Pope just walk around kicking rocks?

sure, there are issues, but the message.. what about his statement?

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   

I like this new guy too. Wonder how long it will be before he has a heart attack though.

S&F& : up :

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by bjax9er

Capitalism is BOSS!

It's boss as long as it's heavily regulated. The shape our country is in shows the effect of unregulated capitalism.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join