It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Oil Discovery Is Deathblow For Saudis

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   

t is 6 times larger than the Bakken, 17 times the size of the Marcellus formation, and 80 times larger than the Eagle Ford shale.

All told the recent discovery outside a sleepy Australian town contains more black gold than in all of Iran, Iraq, Canada, or Venezuela.

The current estimates of 233 billion barrels are just 30 billion barrels shy of the estimated reserves in all of Saudi Arabia.

Now, one renowned international energy expert predicts the proven reserves will be much bigger.

"The find may land at 300 or 400 billion barrels, making it one of the greatest unconventional oil discoveries any of us will see in our lifetimes," says Dr. Kent Moors and advisor to six of the top 10 oil producers and active consultant to 20 world governments.

"It represents a bona-fide redrawing of the global energy map as we know it," Moors says, "and the mainstream media is completely ignoring it."

Interesting, huh. I wonder if the Queen of England will own all of it rather like the Uranium Mines - don't understand how that works exactly and haven't been able to 'google' specifics so put it down to hearsay but when it's as quiet as this seems to be it does make you wonder.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Do you have a link?

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
first of all its a silly comment about the "queen of England" owning it.

second...I live here and we haven't heard anything.

third...if its true, why are we one of the most expensive countries in the world for fuel.

fourthly...I think this is only news with numerous threads already.
edit on 26-11-2013 by bellagirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by FyreByrd

I don't know you, so sorry of me if I dont believe you..

A link would be nice...

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
It looks like OP got this info here:

Source

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Could just be propaganda to adjust the markets seeing that Iran is coming back on line ...Yea yea its the Queen yea I know but Roam needs to have the first cut out of that chunk of change ..

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
A bit more....

Source

The discovery in central Australia was reported by Linc Energy to the stock exchange and was based on two consultants reports, though it is not yet known how commercially viable it will be to access the oil.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Stand by for the Obama Admin to suddenly connect Australia with Al Qaida terrorism.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Source?

Would be incredible if true.

Oz will own the world...or be the catalyst for a major make-over. Personally, I'd much rather they be the ones pulling the levers than what we've got now...

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

MBMASON
Do you have a link?

Yes, so sorry...

oilandenergyinvestor.com...

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
The news is from Jan 24,2013. Pretty sure there are some old threads about it?
www.cbc.ca...

YUP…
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 26-11-2013 by Caver78 because: (no reason given)

…and this one
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 26-11-2013 by Caver78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

There is oil all over the world other then the middle east, it is only someone's guess why the world still buys most oil from terrorist supporters and or terrorist in the middle east.

Just think of the problems that would be solved if Australia was to become a world wide exporter of oil and no one would have to do business with people who at the very least want to install "sharia law " in the world or die trying.

Cut off the money and you cut off the head of the terrorist snake.
edit on 26-11-2013 by Battleline because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-11-2013 by Battleline because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
It's Coober Pedy (white man in a hole)
Opal Capital of the World..

They might stick to Opals for now.

This story seems to be mostly promoted by "investment" sites.
It's shale formation can make it expensive to extract. Perhaps someday it will be worth the trouble, if estimates are correct.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Very Very Cool! Maybe this will change what is going on in the middle east. Can't wait until they start drilling and hoping oil prices will drop.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by bellagirl

As I stated, consider it hearsay. I do recall hearing that the British Crown owned most of the worlds Uranium Mines. Don't know if it's true or not. Was just speculating on why this find has been so quiet.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Now we can get out of the Middle East.

Question is now how expensive is it to get out of the ground?

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Has anyone ween the videos on youtube with Rev. Lindsey Williams? He is/was an insider with the big oil companies. He said that a company drilling in Prudholm Bay in Alaska has found an oil reservoir as big, if not bigger, than Saudi Arabia. They were told to stop drilling before they punched thru. Because they are waiting for gas prices to hit 5.00 US per gallon. Watch his videos, they are quite informative. And an honest man IMO. Just shows you who the PTB are looking out for...it's not us.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
As Spacedoubt mentioned, this looks real enough, but it's not Oil in Saudi Arabia terms. This is Alberta style shale oil and so much of it, it's a curse, IMO, not a blessing.

Alberta Canada isn't what Australia should seek to become. No offense Canada, but I understand you guys are no happier about having it done to you than some of us are about seeing it done.

In a statement to the Stock Exchange, the company said reports from US-based consultants indicate underlying rock formations "are rich in oil and gas-prone kerogen".

The company says up to 233 billion barrels of oil are estimated to be trapped in the shale.

Chief executive Peter Bond says even if the amount of retrievable oil is well below that, the discovery is still "bigger than the Cooper Basin and Bass Strait combined".
Source

Hmm.. Gee.. how exciting. I'm sure the wreck left of a piece of Australia will be large enough to see from orbit for as much as they'd be after.

(Shale Oil Extraction - Photo from collections on net)

edit on 26-11-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: *Added Graphic

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Its Shale oil....and they knew about this back in the 1970s...they just didnt have the technology then.

The problem with Australia is,...there is No water.

Water, in massive amounts, is used in the Fracking process...its Ok in the US and Canada, you have massive amounts of water...then only water we have, is 1000s of miles away Or sea Water.

100 years or so ago, the Main River system that supplies 90% of Australia's population, the Murray Darling system, Regularly use to dry up in Summer, regularly as in nearly every year.

In between times, it would flood, and create another whole set of problems.

We are Not blessed like North America, and have huge mountain ranges everywhere, including your deserts, that supply regular rainfall to your dry areas.
I am amazed how many TV shows Ive watched where the "Team" are in the hot desert one minute, then driving in clouds and snow the next...or your "Desert" that has ice floating in Rivers!! of water in the Winter..

That Does NOT exist in Australia.

We are Dry, Hot!! and arid in most of the interior, particularly where this oil is.......

Still it would be nice if we had control of our energy in this country, like the US....but we dont...we are the biggest "rip off" country in the World.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   

This has been known for a while.

If you believe the word of central Australian well diggers.. we've known about the deposits for a while. There are many tapped wells in central Australia.

24 Jan 2013

www.telegraph.co.uk...< br />
Media isnt ignoring it, its just old news.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join