It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The True Reason Why Humans Have Hair On Their Heads

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Hello all,
It's been a little while since I've made a post on ATS. I rarely ever posted in General Chat but, hey, if you remember me from any part of the forum; whats up?!

Alright then. Here's my mind-phucker for you all today.

Why do people grow the most hair on their heads, but typically less elsewhere on their bodies?

Well, the answer is simple. We typically have the most hair, if uncut, on our heads versus anywhere else because before the invention of soap and hand sanitizers, we needed a quick, efficient, and easy way to dry off our hands! And possibly to wipe dirt and debris off of them period! Think of how dirty early-era human beings' hands must've been, and how banged up?! Lol.

What about beards, then?

They're simply nature's way to give balding or soon-to-be balding men a substitute, FURTHER evolved/designed form of a natural hand-towel, because they have genetic male-pattern baldness. This also happens to be why, among other reasons, women typically do not grow beards, lmfao.

Now you know I'm right

PS; This wasn't a disguised bait-thread for another Evolution versus Intelligent Creation discussion..

edit on 11/26/2013 by runetang because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
That's strange because I have lossed the majority of my hair, which as a rocker is rather sad, but I have grown a beard.

However, I always use a towel to wipe my hands. Nice theory though and should be something to consider by theologians/creationists, maybe? Possibly?

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I have hair thought it is receding. But what is this "hand washing" you speak of?

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I have a serious question here, OP... Are curly leg hairs to help clean the feet? Seems logical to me.

I impatiently wait for your now world famous level of knowledge in this birthing field of science...

PS: what name will this science have? lol

PPS: Nature is well done. I still have all my hair, but almost no beard. Looking for non-baldness here.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I have been wondering about this for a while. I actually suspect hair is a sensory organ that through civilized life we forgot how to use, same as using scent tracking. There are nerves that connect to the end of every hair, this is what I find suspect. The US military did studies related to this on native American trackers, during the Vietnamese war, who for some reason lost their ability to track after their hair was cut. The officers in charge of the studies where convinced and stopped cutting their hair.
As to the current male baldness problem I suspect its a mutant gene no longer filtered out of the gene pool, same with near vision and other eyesight issues.

top topics

join