It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guantánamo Bay inmates become double agents

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I could not find this on ATS, so apologies if it has already been posted or if it is not in the correct forum.

www.theguardian.com...

Controversial secret programme reportedly turned al-Qaida suspects into spies with lure of freedom, safety for families and millions in cash

after reading that article i searched ATS and found this (Note: emphasis NOT on zombies but on list of prisoners released to different countries)

Any connection?

I do not know what to make of this, if anything..... i leave it to you ATS'ers.
edit on 2013-11-26T09:57:32-06:00201311bam3011am3230 by combatmaster because: (no reason given)

edit on 2013-11-26T10:09:44-06:00201311bam3011am4430 by combatmaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Just to add a bit more from the OP story..

The CIA promised the prisoners freedom, safety for their families, and millions of dollars from secret accounts.

It was a risky gamble. Officials knew there was a chance that some prisoners might quickly spurn their deal and kill Americans. For the CIA, that was an acceptable risk in a dangerous business. For the American public, which was never told, the programme was one of the many secret trade-offs the government made on its behalf. At the same time the government used the fear of terrorism to justify jailing people indefinitely, it was releasing dangerous people to work for the CIA.

The programme was carried out in a secret facility built near the prison's administrative offices in Guantánamo Bay, Cuba. The eight small cottages were hidden behind a ridge covered in thick scrub and cactus.
(Op Link)

That's some story there. So they were capturing killers on the battlefield, while releasing more of them to play double back for us ..or against us..as it may have happened.

So.. I wonder.. did stupid things like the "warnings" which caused our Government to close Embassies all over the Middle East come from "reliable sources" like this?

When will we EVER EVER learn? Sleeping with dogs gets fleas. Sleeping with rabid dogs get rabies. They do it with plea deals to damn near every criminal case that enters the system, no matter how horrible, and they do it with battlefields and prisoners during war.

No wonder we lost Iraq, we're losing Afghanistan and our foreign policy looks like a bad comedy skit gone haywire. Our side can't decide whether to shoot them or hire them. At least the other side isn't nearly as confused. That can be said for them, anyway.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Seems like the show "Homeland" is more on the mark than I thought.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000
Just to add a bit more from the OP story..

The CIA promised the prisoners freedom, safety for their families, and millions of dollars from secret accounts.

It was a risky gamble. Officials knew there was a chance that some prisoners might quickly spurn their deal and kill Americans. For the CIA, that was an acceptable risk in a dangerous business. For the American public, which was never told, the programme was one of the many secret trade-offs the government made on its behalf. At the same time the government used the fear of terrorism to justify jailing people indefinitely, it was releasing dangerous people to work for the CIA.

The programme was carried out in a secret facility built near the prison's administrative offices in Guantánamo Bay, Cuba. The eight small cottages were hidden behind a ridge covered in thick scrub and cactus.
(Op Link)

That's some story there. So they were capturing killers on the battlefield, while releasing more of them to play double back for us ..or against us..as it may have happened.

So.. I wonder.. did stupid things like the "warnings" which caused our Government to close Embassies all over the Middle East come from "reliable sources" like this?

When will we EVER EVER learn? Sleeping with dogs gets fleas. Sleeping with rabid dogs get rabies. They do it with plea deals to damn near every criminal case that enters the system, no matter how horrible, and they do it with battlefields and prisoners during war.

No wonder we lost Iraq, we're losing Afghanistan and our foreign policy looks like a bad comedy skit gone haywire. Our side can't decide whether to shoot them or hire them. At least the other side isn't nearly as confused. That can be said for them, anyway.

Wow... i didnt think of that.

anything is possible and we all know it!

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   

No wonder we lost Iraq

Sorry, but the American coalition, including 26 other nations won the Iraq war. Alqedia, once the tribal chieftains joined the coalition, sued for peace, disarmed and disbanded their forces. They reformed and continue to fight a sectarian campaign in an attempt to overthrow the tribal Independent secular democracy.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
or did they just throw the story out there because they are thinking about freeing some inmates. hoping by doing so the real potential terrorists will no longer be trusted by their former associates.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by combatmaster

Of course it is true. I, and others, recruited detainees and did the same thing out of interrogation facilities in Iraq. Happens all the time. Not everyone we recruit is a stellar individual. It's like saying we don't negotiate with terrorists. Yes we do! We do it all the time.

top topics

join