It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enormous rare sea creature hauled from depths by Florida shark fisherman

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Once again we amazed of finding a rare creature brought up from the bottom of the ocean.
I am posting two links for two different rare finds from the deep. Both rare and strange.

www.foxnews.com...

A submarine exploring the ocean's depths recently returned with an unexpected visitor: a crablike critter that has left many readers startled and horrified.

www.grindtv.com...

Mark "the Shark" Quartiano has caught thousands of sharks, but never anything like the 800-pound deep-water stingray he landed off Miami Beach

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by nighthawk1954

They are quite common! and date back to prehistoric times.

I also remind me of them little critters in the movie Cloverfeild

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   

from fox news this was Published in March 30, 2010 its very old and it might have been posted before

but really strange

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   
That is one honkin big shrimp looking thing . I wouldn't have a pot that big to cook it ,but it does look tasty ..mmmmm

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   

nighthawk1954
Once again we amazed of finding a rare creature brought up from the bottom of the ocean.
I am posting two links for two different rare finds from the deep. Both rare and strange.

www.foxnews.com...

A submarine exploring the ocean's depths recently returned with an unexpected visitor: a crablike critter that has left many readers startled and horrified.

www.grindtv.com...

Mark "the Shark" Quartiano has caught thousands of sharks, but never anything like the 800-pound deep-water stingray he landed off Miami Beach

First, the first story linked too was a critter taken on a science vessel and is a year old already. and the second one is just an enormous skate.

No news here move along

edit on 26-11-2013 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   
While the first one is pretty creepy looking, and does look like it should be in a horror movie, the second was cool. It's neat that they get that big. I'm glad that they were able to release it though, and I hope she makes it.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Maybe someone could help me with this, but I thought if you brought something up from that deep in the ocean, the pressure change would kill them. Clearly that did not happen but does anyone know why? Was it just not deep enough?

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
The first is identified as Bathynomus giganteus. The gigantism is the only thing that is debated about for deep sea creatures, thought to be due to lower temperatures allowing larger cells, but the pressures must be enormous so deep. Curious when you think of all the documentary depictions of other planets having LIGHTER atmospheres with plants and animals being so big and ethereal.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   

judus

They are quite common! and date back to prehistoric times.

I also remind me of them little critters in the movie Cloverfeild

I wonder if their bite makes you explode though? That scene made no sense...other than to be gross or perhaps some esoteric junk.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

It just makes me wonder what they will do for food when the dead zones run out. You and I both know don't we (Joel 2).
Big as a bus and they want to SERVE us.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Those are both kind of neat. One is a pill bug's giant cousin (but I've seen similar looking things about the size of my lower arm eating seaweed off of rocks in the Chesapeake bay area - and not horseshoe crabs either, just a big isopod of some sort), and the other is a ray or skate. That ray is pretty large, but I think the show "River Monsters" had something even bigger than that fished out of some river in Thailand. It's just neat to know there's stuff out in the Atlantic which seems just as exotic as critters from even more far-off places.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Yule C Mann
reply to post by abeverage

It just makes me wonder what they will do for food when the dead zones run out. You and I both know don't we (Joel 2).
Big as a bus and they want to SERVE us.

They will die when the food runs out...they cannot survive on land only in the DEEP oceans.
edit on 27-11-2013 by abeverage because: of stuff underwater...

new topics

top topics

join